• Lots of naked NEW Members on the forum plz add an AVATAR we are adding them if you don't if you don't like change them.

westy

Mouse chasing Pussy
Diamond Member
Things ARE missing and THINGS have appeared and people are missing and I think we are just all hoping that when it settles we will all still want to stay. Or is it just me?

JustMe

Gold Member
What's going on?
Please explain.
Why is one word being changed to xxxx. Are other words also changed?
Is this a temporary bug?

Noticed also in private convo.
I really object if private conversations are checked by moderators that be akin to having a spy camera in a langtrees room.

Should be confidential as much as possible.

JustMe

Gold Member
Things ARE missing and THINGS have appeared and people are missing and I think we are just all hoping that when it settles we will all still want to stay. Or is it just me?
I think privacy is being abused and freedom of speech is retarded too.:mad::mad:

JustMe

Gold Member
I check in now and then to get update on progress on secrets Wangara but finding the forum regressed and if privacy is affected on forum I wouldn't trust privacy exists in establishments either.
I wonder if this post will be deleted.

Dallas

Legend Member
I haven't noticed anything different other than the new emoticons for rating comments but then I haven't been on much lately as my work blocks this forum.

MrBig

Diamond Member
HP (a moderator) gave the post above an 'old' rating.
Can anyone tell me what 'old' should be used for as I've yet to see it used on anything that sounded old but seems to be used simply to effect a negative rating without justifiable explanation.
Ahoy;- HP a moderator was given a "old" rating as well from a newbie.
I do not need explanation off why? I welcome the new system and I do not need explanation.
Ratings:6229/2/1
"OLD"
Yes HP. I looked at that when XLNC got one also on similar subject (trophy points which I can see being an old, out-dated and unused system). Then other 'old' ratings turned up on posts where there is absolutely no logical condition where any justifiable 'old' rating can be given.
Conclusion: it is used too randomly hence providing no accurate value and just serving to confuse.
Recommendation: Removal.
Now as for "OPTIMISTIC".
Is it the person rating a post optimistic of the subject of that post or does implying that he (rating the post) is optimistic as to the outcome?
Conclusion: Confusing and of limited value.
Recommendation: Consider its removal.
And finally, ending and concluding with..... How do I get me some of them trophy points.:eek:

Happy2

Legend Member
Optimistic
"Hello LT's reception? Hi can I book an allnighter please ?"
"Certainly Sir Any lady top your list"
" Not really but I only have $100 But I'm really really good in the sack"
Optimistic enough for you Mr Little

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy;- LOL ...............You know H2 and Mr Little, I was the Moderator that approved both of your Post.
So I am optimistic about the future.
Cheers and Pass the Rum

T

Tania Admin

So the way the ball has rolled I am here in sultry Darwin until Wednesday. Hopefully I may get the time to head into Litchfield at some stage for some site seeing. Missing my little munchkin at home but grateful to be able to hang with NT a little longer and to learn more from Mary-Anne.

Sharaz

WL Historian
Gold Member
OK Didi what are your ideas??? They will be good as she is one clever lady!

JustMe

Gold Member
Curious as to why you think privacy is being breached?
Coz my words are changed in PMs.
I would have thought that conversations were private and not subject to interference.
This;) is a face giving a Wink.

I'm not concerned in forum posts but in private conversions? ????

I know that is probably done by auto-correct algorithm bit I feel that PMS should not be affected. Not that its a big deal, is the principle that PMs are being moderated without consent.

T

Tania Admin

Coz my words are changed in PMs.
I would have thought that conversations were private and not subject to interference.
This;) is a face giving a XXXX.

I'm not concerned in forum posts but in private conversions? ????

I know that is probably done by auto-correct algorithm bit I feel that PMS should not be affected. Not that its a big deal, is the principle that PMs are being moderated without consent.
That's not possible. The software we use doesn't allow that. Fact.

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
relax stop getting your knickers in a twist, we are resorting, let me know what is missing that you want to see now and I will make a priority if I can.

I have often wondered about that saying.... if a man got his knickers in a knot then he may have some trouble, but if a woman got her's in a same kind of knot then she may actually enjoy that depending on where that knot was rubbing, so the saying it's self is somewhat not quite right I think, but then again I could be wrong, BTW Mary I am not questioning your reply I was just questioning that old saying thats all, please see it as that :)

:)

T

Tania Admin

Very sad as NSW has been deleted from Australia and this Forum.
Nothing has been deleted. It has just been hidden while we work on the clean-up. The Forum will be bigger and better when we are finished. Please bear with us, we are working our posteriors off.

MrBig

Diamond Member
We cannot access peoples private conversations unless we are invited into the conversation.
But the software then, at least, is changing flagged words (well at least one - w i n k) to XXXX.
So my suggestion, friendly advice from an ex-IT expert, is to have your IT department make a simple modification to their coding to exclude PMs that way if there are any other references that are altered in the future then they won't get automatically included in the PMs)
PS. If moderators can not access PMs the IT staff (at least some) can. Fact;)

T

Tania Admin

But the software then, at least, is changing flagged words (well at least one - w i n k) to XXXX.
So my suggestion, friendly advice from an ex-IT expert, is to have your IT department make a simple modification to their coding to exclude PMs that way if there are any other references that are altered in the future then they won't get automatically included in the PMs)
PS. If moderators can not access PMs the IT staff (at least some) can. Fact;)
No they can't access pms unless invited into the conversation.
I have contacted our IT expert on the Forum about this.