• Lots of naked NEW Members on the forum plz add an AVATAR we are adding them if you don't if you don't like change them.
T

Tania Admin

Why cant you do the forum from here lol?

We are implementing some new things and we have a large part of the IT "as such" crew here with Mary-Anne guiding our every move to make the Forum a more fun, more organised and easy place to get around :)

turbonut

Bronze Member
Been a while since i've used any forums.. This does seem like a good place to find Entertainment in my weeks off.

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Since we have a disagree button now, This is only a question to other forum members, should the person whom disagrees have to post a reply at why they disagree or is just flagging the post with "disagree" enough as in a face to face conversation if someone disagrees you normally ask them why, whats your opinions etc etc...

MrBig

Diamond Member
Since we have a disagree button now, This is only a question to other forum members, should the person whom disagrees have to post a reply at why they disagree or is just flagging the post with "disagree" enough as in a face to face conversation if someone disagrees you normally ask them why, whats your opinions etc etc...

Well I did notice, I believe, someone gave you a disagree when you simply posted a valid question. So it appears obvious that some are mindlessly or accidentally clicking emoticons without reading on considering the context of the posts.

EDIT: it may have been a dislike and an agree - whatever they were the question warranted an answer.

Last edited:

MrBig

Diamond Member
You probably know me, I'll let you know if I disagree (which is frequently, if I haven't got you on my ignore list at that particular time).
:)
I'm only going to be using the like. I'll comment on a post if need be rather than use other buttons.

jasonm

Langtrees IT
Diamond Member
Ahoy, yep I'm up here too soaking up some of Darwin tropical atmosphere. Mary-Anne sure has dragged the IT team up here.... the ladies are taking over and are causing mayhem. langtrees has totally taking over darwin and there plenty of changes going on ;)

I'm still waiting for the crocodiles to show up in the the local streets.. I've been told this is local occurrence.

Last edited:

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
If Mary Anne has moved herself to live in Darwin, and the IT dept is moving up there, this looks like maybe a selling of Perth Langtrees or moving HQ to Darwin....

T

Tania Admin

If Mary Anne has moved herself to live in Darwin, and the IT dept is moving up there, this looks like maybe a selling of Perth Langtrees or moving HQ to Darwin....
We aren't moving here we are only here for a few days and I presume back here if/as required.
No sale of Perth in the foreseeable future, it will stay business as usual.

MrBig

Diamond Member
It's not just the disagree button that may warrant justification/explanation. Someone gave one of my posts an 'Old': http://www.talkinsex.com/threads/fo...ke-agree-disagree-and-more.45183/#post-388269

WTF?! I have no idea what that is supposed to mean. The offender is Strawman -- maybe he's saying something I didn't say at all is old.
Just checked your post. I also noticed that HP got one too. The common factor of the two posts seems to be the request of an advancement of trophy points - which might be considered an old and out-of-date rating.
???

BTW. LOL I'm still streets ahead in the negative. I've topped one table! Yay.

User184

Gold Member
I've been toying with the idea of posting lots of guys kissing pics and watching my rating go down the toilet so all my posts need moderator approval. :D

But I'm not a fan. I think it all stemmed from that stuff MAK was saying a few weeks ago about how she didn't want to see one sentence replies to posts. As if every post is going to be Shakespearian in it's composition. This is a sex forum not a philosophy forum.

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member

I got a disagree today and I don't give a shit.....

Each to their own...... its ok to have people disagree......

If I worried about stuff like that the ultimate evil of the universe would have won already lol.

Happy2

Legend Member
I got a disagree today and I don't give a shit.....

Each to their own...... its ok to have people disagree......

If I worried about stuff like that the ultimate evil of the universe would have won already lol.
I have to agree a dislike shouldn't phase
It's not like we have a , You odious bald Collingwood supporter button
That may miff me Okay it's true but still...

MrBig

Diamond Member
I have to agree a dislike shouldn't phase
It's not like we have a , You odious bald Collingwood supporter button
That may miff me Okay it's true but still...
Remove the "bald" from the button name and I know where I can find another that the button can be used on. ;)

sparky

Legend Member
If MAK wants us to push a button on a post rather than make a short comment I cant see this place growing as she wants , all it does is stifle conversation , banter and controversy and that is what successful forums are made of.
Don't know who she is listening to or getting her info from but in my opinion its a move in the wrong direction

MrBig

Diamond Member
It's not just the disagree button that may warrant justification/explanation. Someone gave one of my posts an 'Old': http://www.talkinsex.com/threads/fo...ke-agree-disagree-and-more.45183/#post-388269

WTF?! I have no idea what that is supposed to mean. The offender is Strawman -- maybe he's saying something I didn't say at all is old.
FYI.
I just received an unwarranted and unexplained old rating from HP. So now I believe there are some out there that simply rate a post as old as it is the only one that gives a negative rating.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
The disagree button is the same as saying, I beg to differ, we all have different opinions, and like Happy2 said it can start some interesting conversations, which helps us get to know each other better.
Wouldn't the world be a boring place if we all had the same thoughts and all agreed on everything.

MrBig

Diamond Member
The disagree button is the same as saying, I beg to differ, we all have different opinions, and like Happy2 said it can start some interesting conversations, which helps us get to know each other better.
Wouldn't the world be a boring place if we all had the same thoughts and all agreed on everything.
Now I have a conflict here as I both agree and disagree with your post. Disagree with at least part of the first sentence, but agree with the second.
I agree that it can serve a purpose for a simple short post.
However, a direct reply serves better as opening a discussion on more serious matters for the members that are actually interested in discussing the matter.:)

Happy2

Legend Member
Now I have a conflict here as I both agree and disagree with your post. Disagree with at least part of the first sentence, but agree with the second.
I agree that it can serve a purpose for a simple short post.
However, a direct reply serves better as opening a discussion on more serious matters for the members that are actually interested in discussing the matter.:)
I suppose it was the Like happy2 bit you disagreed with Mr Little ;)

MrBig

Diamond Member
I suppose it was the Like happy2 bit you disagreed with Mr Little ;)
Possibly, you didn't stipulate how you'd like to be informed when someone disagrees with you and I surmised that it would be via a reply
I could be wrong. Hmmmm, is there an emoticon for right and wrong?