Breaking news: Malaysia Airlines plane missing

asianguy77

Diamond Member
This is not good news. A Malaysia Airlines plane from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing has gone missing with 227 people on board.

This is not one of those small dodgy airlines, but one of the major commercial airlines in the world with a good safety record.

W

wr3xr

I believe its crashed in the South China sea. One second its at 35000ft and travelling at 480knots and then nothing at all. Could be anything really.

RIP to all on board. 6 aussies and a couple of kiwis.

Last edited by a moderator:

svengali

Foundation Member
I am sure the authorities will get to the bottom of it eventually.

That Air France jet which disappeared on a run from L.A. to Paris a few years ago looked like a pretty hopeless investigation but they eventually found the black box, recovered it from a ridiculous depth and found the cause to be pilot error.

Sexty8

Sexty8 - you do me , and then I owe you one!
Diamond Member
Very sad, if it has crashed into the sea I hope there are survivors, have to find them quickly...

asianguy77

Diamond Member
In the event that the worst has happened and the plane has crashed, I hope this is a timely reminder to the airline industry, which is very competitive, and in the wake of the Qantas announcement, they don't skimp on cost cutting or overlook the importance of maintenance to maximise profits.

Farm Boy 2

Legend Member
New York Times 5 minutes ago

HONG KONG — A 12-mile long oil slick spotted between Malaysia and Vietnam Saturday afternoon is thought to be the first sign that a missing Malaysia Airlines flight with 239 people aboard went down in the waters between southernmost Vietnam and northern Malaysia, according to Vietnam’s director of civil aviation.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Terrible..........can't believe the aircraft just disappeared........without a signal or an alarm. Well I have no idea about the air traffic security but I would think that the pilot would have been able to put some signal out there before they crashed into the water. So strange that the aircraft just vanished from the face of the earth.
I doubt that there will be any survivors. I do feel with the families. It is so sad.

Dez

...the floor is lava
Legend Member
I hope the families get some closure and answers soon. What a horrible tragedy.

W

wr3xr

Tinfoil hat time... 2 stolen passports used on a plane thats had something very extreme and sudden happen.

"Malaysia Airlines listed one of the passengers on the plane as a 37-year-old Italian called Luigi Maraldi.

However, according to reports in Italy, Mr Maraldi has contacted his parents to say he was not on the airliner.

He had his passport stolen in Thailand several months ago, leaving questions over who had used his passport to board the plane and whether that has anything to do with the airliner's disappearance"

"A SECOND passenger on the flight was using a stolen passport, it has emerged.Austrian Christan Kozel, aged 30, has been confirmed as safe and well by authorities.
He said his passport was stolen when he visited Thailand two years ago, Austrian newspaper De Standard reports."

Lingham

Diamond Member
If it has gone down in the open ocean, it may well be difficult to find.

I do hope that they eventually recover the black box, for it may give a clue to what happened and, if the problem was human error or mechanical failure, help in preventing a similar problem in future. The only good thing about mistakes is that we can learn from them.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
I'm hoping they've been kidnapped and flown to a different airport....
Yep I agree. At least they might be still alive.
Don't know how deep the ocean is between Malaysia and Vietnam but I would think that there might be an oil spill if the plane would have crashed into the water???????
So strange/scary that there is still no sign.

W

wr3xr

See this is my issue.. if it was hijacked, people would notice a 777 out of place and surely planes can be tracked?

On the other hand, why is there nothing? Seriously a drone can target a man in another country yet dozens of ships and surveillance planes have found nothing? The South China Sea is big but its hardly the size south atlantic or indian oceans. Its impossible for there to be no debris. Also, look at the nautical charts and you'll see that area is crazy busy with rigs and commercial shipping. Yet no one on watch see's anything??

Something is odd about this.

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
I been following this piece of news. One can only hope for the best for everyone onboard. I saw on yahoo news, a kiwi working on a rig off the coast of Vietnam, saw a plane burst into flame in a distance. Though is not confirmed but no one has acted on this piece of information.

The bizarre Malaysian shaman performing rituals like the ones you would see in a comedy at the KL airport. And how the Malaysian govt and authorities causing all sort of chaos in the search. That is one f up country, I can tell ya.

Brontee

Silver Member
Supposedly the plane still flew around for about 4 hours after disappearing off radar. Weird how an airplane can be missing for 6 days...

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
My guess is, it's either landed at an undisclosed location or they flew into a parallel universe and have no way of contacting us. Tho media tried to play down the terrorism card, I reckon those 2 fake passport holders are the key suspects, they may have other accomplice onboard.

Lingham

Diamond Member
This is certainly a mystery but there has to be a rational explanation. Ending up in the ocean after a sudden, catastrophic event in the air such as an explosion seems to me the most likely cause. Unfortunately, the absence of definitive information is hard on the relatives and is giving the conspiracy theorists a field day.

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
but are they sure it was on it way to KL as they have no idea where it was :) :)