uncomfortable words?

MrBig

Diamond Member
Grammar and terminological inexactitudes ( see even our spell check on here doesn't know that word :p) are my bug bear
What about the complete lack of understanding surrounding they're, their & there, theirs and there's - apostrophes are much maligned!! Lets not even add quotation marks - and I could go on and on on this subject lol -
LOL. You may wish to check the poem you posted in the "Country v City" thread, or are you claiming creative writing exemption? ;)

XLNC

Whatever happened to FREE love?
Legend Member
Ahhh the corrections and deletion we could perform. We could be the forum epistloleans, the experts in linguistic morphocology - the Aristotelian body of grammatical philosophy. Ahh nivana
You've just succeeded in eliciting a massive grammatical erection on the other side of the continent.

MassiveErection.jpg

Happy2

Legend Member
Your XLNC. Not only are you a Odious albino dwarf
You're a dirty odious albino dwarf

Ginger Spice

Here Comes Trouble
Legend Member
When I am at work "wife" or "girlfriend" makes me uncomfortable. Outside of work "hookers" make me uncomfortable lol

Buk

Diamond Member
Poetry does not conform to grammar rules - its has its own form - its called POETIC LICENSE
Who was it that suggested that poetry without rhyme (blank verse) is like playing tennis with the net down? Can't say I necessarily agree with that sentiment.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
I don't worry about it too much as most words depend on the context and situation they are used.
Unless it is the C - word.........I really detest the use of it.

juddy

Gold Member
Poetry does not conform to grammar rules - its has its own form - its called POETIC LICENSE

If your late again you'll get the sack (you're)
Schools 60 miles but whats the hurry (School's, what's)
The school bus honks its at the gate (it's)
100ks along the dirt (k's)
there's time to watch them bindi's grow (bindis)

These are not examples of "poetic license" just old fashioned grammar mistakes, which I am prone to make myself on a frequent basis. :)

Reactions: Buk

Amanda Secrets

Diamond Member
If your late again you'll get the sack (you're)
Schools 60 miles but whats the hurry (School's, what's)
The school bus honks its at the gate (it's)
100ks along the dirt (k's)
there's time to watch them bindi's grow (bindis)

These are not examples of "poetic license" just old fashioned grammar mistakes, which I am prone to make myself on a frequent basis. :)
Im a girl - its poetic license in my book so there lol!! ( or their or they're or just mine lol)!! :hilarious::hilarious::p

Amanda Secrets

Diamond Member
The posters on the forum say
The grammar here must rule the day
A poem writ must make the mark
And none of this poetic lark

It takes some time
To write a rhyme
But from now on
I'll play along

For every sentence will sure to be
Correct, well written - grammatically
No shortened forms or sloppy words
I shall no longer use wrong verbs

Each noun will be precise
Each stanza concise
My lexicon will be exact
I sit corrected and that's a fact!

Last edited:
Reactions: Buk

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
normal is a word I don't like to use, one we are not normal we are ourselves and normal is actually a mathematical term. Normally is a true word but normal isn't.

User184

Gold Member
Normal
adjective
conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal;regular; natural.
serving to establish a standard.
Psychology.
  1. approximately average in any psychological trait, as intelligence,personality, or emotional adjustment.
  2. free from any mental disorder; sane.

There IS a mathetmatic definition for normal also. As a term outside of mathematics it is a perfectly cromulent word. As can be seen in the definition, it can to refer back to anything when discussing anything that maybe atypical.

purplefixer

Silver Member
its common part of most peoples curriculum vitae. Its so sad that now days no one say I CAN instead!!

Did anyone else get a little turned on when she accurately used 'Curriculum Vitae' in a sentence? Rawr.

It is, however. It's. Not "its", which is possessive of it. It's imperative that you use its apostrophe in the correct place.

However, as for 'the C word', I really like it. But then, I don't ever use it negatively. Nor do I use gay, fag, or any other slur in the slurry context.

"My gay friend gave me a lesson on first class cunnilingus. She lay her girlfriend down and told me to watch carefully, as she crossed her stocking ankles up over her shapely ass, and splayed the swollen dewy folds of that sassy minx's gorgeous cunt, slithering the moist pink blade of her tongue through those dappled petals until the proud pink point of her peeking clit rose up from that tongue-lashed slit like a sailor's salute. I stared helplessly as my friend's panty-clad ass rose and fell in fervent, coital undulations, while her tongue tattoo'd the alphabet upon her girlfriend's swollen, weeping cunt. My cock nearly burst as she rolled to her side, and bade me try, taking me by the hair and pushing my face into the fragrant nest of her lover's beautiful sex and guided me stroke by stroke, lick by lick, to a most magnificent, screaming finish. When all was said and the girls lay suppine, fingers stroking in the tender afterglow, she gave me one last command, and I raced to find her purse and light the fag for her lips, the only payment for a lesson utterly priceless in its precious memory."

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
I think, "You're under arrest" is up there.. Or "you have the right to remain silent"

purplefixer

Silver Member
Gram

Ive put in a ' that I forgot
And the other 'M' when I lost the plot
But golly gosh I've had it with you lot!!
:wacky::wacky:

(Her correction's got me hot,
I sit here swooning, all besot,
With crook of finger it's me she's got!
And with a bended knee I'd lick her...
.... .... ... Neck?)

XLNC

Legend Member
Did anyone else get a little turned on when she accurately used 'Curriculum Vitae' in a sentence? Rawr.

It is, however. It's. Not "its", which is possessive of it. It's imperative that you use its apostrophe in the correct place.

However, as for 'the C word', I really like it. But then, I don't ever use it negatively. Nor do I use gay, fag, or any other slur in the slurry context.

"My gay friend gave me a lesson on first class cunnilingus. She lay her girlfriend down and told me to watch carefully, as she crossed her stocking ankles up over her shapely ass, and splayed the swollen dewy folds of that sassy minx's gorgeous cunt, slithering the moist pink blade of her tongue through those dappled petals until the proud pink point of her peeking clit rose up from that tongue-lashed slit like a sailor's salute. I stared helplessly as my friend's panty-clad ass rose and fell in fervent, coital undulations, while her tongue tattoo'd the alphabet upon her girlfriend's swollen, weeping cunt. My cock nearly burst as she rolled to her side, and bade me try, taking me by the hair and pushing my face into the fragrant nest of her lover's beautiful sex and guided me stroke by stroke, lick by lick, to a most magnificent, screaming finish. When all was said and the girls lay suppine, fingers stroking in the tender afterglow, she gave me one last command, and I raced to find her purse and light the fag for her lips, the only payment for a lesson utterly priceless in its precious memory."
I didn't get turned on but did wonder where on a CV you would use the C word -- under qualifications, experience, interests, or all of the above?

Thank you for picking up the baton on the correct usage of the much-maligned apostrophe. It's exhausting work but glad to see others' dedication to the cause.

And what sweet romantic prose -- were you a Mills & Boon author in a former life, p/f?

XLNC

Legend Member
I came across this seminal exchange between Gotham's crimefighters -- and there were so many seminal exchanges between them -- while conducting research for Jacqui's birthday thread:

Robin: "You can't get away from Batman that easy!"

Batman: "Easily."

Robin: "Easily."

Batman: "Good grammar is essential, Robin."

Robin: "Thank you."

Batman: "You're welcome."

MTI5NDgwMDQ3NTU0NzYyMDAy.jpg

Even in the midst of apprehending arch villains and their henchmen, the caped crusader took a moment to constructively criticise his boy wonder. My hero.