Phobias: What scares you?

P

Peter

I'm also very scared that my ex mother inlaw finds where I live!!! BBBBBrrrrr frosty day in Hell before I let that F#$%ing fat cow near my house!!!! Sorry to all the cows, no offence meant!!!

A

AlexandraSilk

Back on topic
Pincerphobia Forficulidaephobia is mine
(Earwigs)

C

Cecil

I slept with my dog last night (a male Jack Russell) Got out of bed this morning to find this big dead tick. Ewww I hate ticks

G

Gideeup

Getting to an age where my 'little soldier' can no longer stand to attention :laughing4

G

Ghost Protocol

large women who want to marry me , even though i am not over weight ..

i dont get why i am so attractive to this body type .. shudder
j

Justlookin

Justlookin
Gold Member
Snakes, as most snakes in Australia are very poisonous.

What a loser. There are no poisonous snakes in Australia. You can eat them all if you wanted too. There are plenty of venomous snakes though. :ky:

Happy2

Legend Member
What a loser. There are no poisonous snakes in Australia. You can eat them all if you wanted too. There are plenty of venomous snakes though. :ky:

Not quite true If you run over a snake it cant be cooked, for it may well now be poisonous to eat

Demon

Legend Member

Venom is a poisonous fluid, from the Latin venenum, meaning poison. [Oxford English Dictionary]

Watch the insulting language.:nono:

F

Farm Boy

QUEENSLAND toddler Kye Dalton marvelled as the python that tried to kill him was released by a local snake catcher.
With child-like innocence the Port Douglas boy waved at the 4m giant and yelled "bye, bye Bitey" on Thursday.

Just two days earlier, the snake had latched on to the brave two-year-old's left leg and coiled around his little body, attempting to squeeze the life out of him before turning him into a late Christmas dinner.

Happy2

Legend Member
A venemous critter will inject a venom or poison into another critter whether that be via a sting like a Wasp or Altered teeth as in say a dugites fang
A poisonous bug or larger animal like a cane toad are poisonous because there flesh or a poison developed by said critter is eaten or other wise ingested
So a Scorpion is venemous but can be eaten so it is not poisonous
A Puffer fish cant/shouldn't be eaten as its Gall bladder? produces a toxin so it is poisonous but not venemous

W

WRXXXR

That's right H2, a volitans lionfish (spot the fish hobbyist) will pack a venomous sting which really, really hurts[\B] but they are edible (you'd need to be desperate) and won't kill you.

As you can tell all my phobias are stinging sea creatures :p

Happy2

Legend Member
That's right H2, a volitans lionfish (spot the fish hobbyist) will pack a venomous sting which really, really hurts[\B] but they are edible (you'd need to be desperate) and won't kill you.

As you can tell all my phobias are stinging sea creatures :p

Or the humble Cobbler Stings you and hurts like the bejesus But more ,than just edible

Demon

Legend Member
Poisonous and venonmous are the same thing. English is many words like this. See Malvin Bragg's history of the english language (DVD).

Poison comes from the French, Venom comes from the latin. Venom means poison and vice versa.

Demon

Legend Member
Poisonous or not is not about eating something. That is a too narrow definition.

W

wingman

Poisonous and venonomus are the same thing. English is many words like this. See Malvin Bragg's history of the english language.

Poison comes from the French, Venom comes from the latin. Venom means poison and vice versa.

You're not very good at humour are you?

Demon

Legend Member
Some poisons you can eat with no adverse effects, as they need to be directly administered into the bloodstream, which is why you can suck the poison out of a snake bite victim.