Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy2

Legend Member
You"ll never get anywhere with such potty mouth my dear Farmboy
So clean up your F***** Act

N

Naughty Thoughts

With over a thousand posts, it's high time the L pates went out the window!

Wow Fudd, that thread did go wonky rather quickly. Well done to maryanne and dylansdelights for taking care of it. That's why this forum is so great - a broad and active moderation team.

S

Saige

Cum on happy.....bit of humour on Tuesday morning never hurt anyone!!!

mwahhhhhh
xxxxxx

H

Haya1

Good luck Lone Road with your new role which shold keep you busy for tonight and I do not envy the work that you have in front of you but wish to pass on that this site is a great source of entertainment & fun for all .
What makes it a great site is the people & I am sure we have all learnt something everytime we log on.:laughing4

Work Smart not hard !!!!!!!!

:eek:ccasion14

Miss Delights

Diamond Member

Wow Fudd, that thread did go wonky rather quickly. Well done to maryanne and dylansdelights for taking care of it. That's why this forum is so great - a broad and active moderation team.

Thankyou, & I did try to get hold of you to have my powers redeemed but couldn't get you in time so Carl restored them. As that Thread was bloody ugly.

N

Naughty Thoughts

Thanks Carl. Another reason why it's good to have more than one person who can do any given task.

Happy2

Legend Member
Just a question lone road Is there a reason you stay on L plates so long or can you as El Supremo upgrade someone with a wave of the hand?

J

Jasmine69

well lone road is deffenitaly not a W/L...... i think he has too many dangles between legs for that, but he pretty cool guy. :thumbsup:.

N

Naughty Thoughts

Anybody could become a moderator, so long as they are responsible and friendly in their posting habits. We just recently promoted aussie_single34 to moderator status, so he'll be helping out around the forums on occasion.

At the moment I think we have a full complement of mods, as a general rule we try and have enough that there is generally someone on at any given time during the day. That does not mean we aren't open to the option of looking at other people. At the moment I think Mary-Anne has final say on hiring and firing.

Edit:
Is there a reason you stay on L plates...
Which L plates? I've seen that mention before but I'm not sure about it. If you mean which group individual members are in (such as "Valued Members" and "Newbie members" then yes, those need to be changed manually but almost everyone ought to be in the right group now (moved a couple hundred people around this week).

well lone road is deffenitaly not a W/L....
I could try and be a W/M ... but nobody will pay me for that!

F

Farm Boy

Thank you O great King of MAKs sex forum.

N

Naughty Thoughts

happy2 said:
Just a question lone road Is there a reason you stay on L plates so long...
lone road said:
Which L plates? I've seen that mention before but I'm not sure about it.

*slaps forehead*

Okay, I've worked out what you were on about and taken the time to write a post about it (at the bottom). Basically, hovering over the little grey/green square will show a members reputation.

Yours used to say "is an L plater" but since I just added to your reputation, it now says "is on to a good thing". I'm hoping that by documenting it and letting people know about it, more members will use it.

Between June and today, only 13 "Reputations" were made, so hopefully that number will go up once people realise it is there.

Note: Members need to be in the Valued Members group or higher to leave reputations for other members (but anyone can see it, I think). Hopefully people won't do silly things out of spite so the moderators don't have to go cleaning up... *crosses fingers*

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Naughty Thoughts

For many years, TalkinSex.com has been giving it away for free; but no longer.

From now on, you will be required to pay an annual fee of $100,000,000 - muah ha ha!

Just kidding! No, we'll just be tightening up what people who are not logged in can see, and what Zero Post people can see. This is to encourage more people to register and participate without being too restrictive.

After all, we pay to have this forum running for everyone, so we like to see people jumping in and having fun - not hiding in the shadows.

Just like an orgy....

S

sexycrystal

Awsome love it .... good to see we can keep having fun with this forum . keep up the good work Lone road . oh and p.s I am out and proud I will never hide in the shadows mwahahahahahahaha

SubNymphet

Tantalizing Temptress
Gold Member
Hmmm Lone Road... out of curiousity, it is still showing my age in my profile the same as when I joined... 19. As flattered as I am, im afraid im now 5 years older than that... lol

S

sexnut

Hmmm Lone Road... out of curiousity, it is still showing my age in my profile the same as when I joined... 19. As flattered as I am, im afraid im now 5 years older than that... lol

You can edit your profile yourself. Go to userCP and follow the links

SubNymphet

Tantalizing Temptress
Gold Member
Sexnut, I have tried that :) Also tried so it would just hide my age, but it hasnt made a difference to my public profile... weird!

N

Naughty Thoughts

Hmm, seems to be human error on setup.

The "age" box is an option that it asks people to manually enter when they register but that option does not come up as editable from the User Control Panel. Nor does the forum do anything with the information either (such as adding +1 on the persons birthday).

Thanks for pointing that one out SubNymphet, I'll have to investigate in order to fix that.

Edit: Found it! Quick poll - do people prefer for the option to be hidden or be editable? It's used once at registration for the COPPA system, then after that it's purely decorative. I'll take three votes in this thread for the decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Naughty Thoughts

100% - three votes for editable.

I'll make the change now. The power of democracy!

Edit: ...and done.

N

Naughty Thoughts

I wade through a lot of spam messages on a daily basis. I'm familiar with most of the common spam emails that get sent out and have seen various trends rise and fall as everyone becomes more savvy with these scam emails that get sent out.

This is a new one that made me laugh:

U.S. CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION AGENCY
DEFERRED INSPECTIONS UNIT
AMERICAN AIRLINES - TERMINAL NINE
1ST FLOOR ARRIVALS AREA - ROOM 11-161
JFK INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
JAMAICA , NY 11430

We, office of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency (CBP) hereby write to
inform you that we caught a diplomatic lady called Mrs. Vernon Wallace at (John F
Kennedy International Airport) here in New York with a consignment box filled with
United States Dollars.

Meanwhile, base on our interview to the diplomat she said that the consignment box
belongs to you, that she was sent by one Mr.Luis Williams, a broker to deliver the
consignment box to your doorstep not knowing that the content of the box is money.

Now, the diplomat is under detention in the office of (CBP) security, and we cannot
release her until we carry out our proper investigation on how this huge amount of
money managed to be yours before we will release her with the box. So, in this
regards you are to reassure and prove to us that the money you are about to receive
is legal by sending us the Award Ownership Certificate showing that the money is not
illegal.

Note, that the Award Ownership Certificate must to be secured from the office of the
senate president in Nigeria, because that is the only office that will issue you the
original Award Ownership Certificate of this funds, this is because the fund
originated from Nigeria, You are therefore advised to forward immediately the Award
Ownership Certificate if you have it with you, but if you did not have it, we will
urge you to contact back the sender of the diplomat to help you secure the Award
Ownership Certificate if at all you did not have it.

Below is the contact information of the person that sent the diplomat;

Name: < removed >
Email: < removed >@globomail.com OR < removed >@consultant.com

Furthermore, we are giving you only but 3 working business days to forward the
requested Award Ownership Certificate. Please note that we shall get back to you
after the 3 working business days, that if you do not come up with the certificate
we shall confiscate the funds into World Bank account then charge you for money
laundering and smuggling of currencies according to the United States Patriot Act
bill on money laundering related activities, signed into law (P.L.107-56) by
President Bush on October 26, 2001 and the United Nations Chatter on money
laundering. but if you forward the Award Ownership Certificate then we will release
the diplomat lady with your consignment box and we shall also gives you every
official security back up on the money to be delivered to you without further
interception.

< the address at the top was repeated here >
This email wants the receiver to believe that a "diplomat" was intercepted carrying a big box of cash, and if you send them a letter saying "the box is mine" they'll forward this big box 'o cash to you.

Who on Earth would fall for that!

Love the sentence structure as well "prove to us that the money you are about to receive is legal by sending us the Award Ownership Certificate showing that the money is not illegal."

Maybe if the Nigerian banks didn't give out certificates to people so they could prove that boxes of money was theirs, they wouldn't have so many economic problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.