Is the sex industry feeling the recession??

XLNC

Whatever happened to FREE love?
Legend Member
This is a great thread! Why don't I read the Canberra forums more often? :)
If you enjoy sexual politics and economics, infused with healthy intelligent debate, this is the forum where it's at, AxeMan. :smuggrin:
...One problem is that hourly rate isn't the only thing to consider. The other is what is included in the rate. Some WLs will give you a massage, oral one way and sex. And then it's either more money for kissing, DATY, etc or go without. Then there are other WLs who will be much more all inclusive on their pricing and service. So I think what are reasonable inclusions is also part of the equation...
Excellent point, which I omitted to mention the other night in my semi-somnambulist post. The most enjoyable bookings I've had with WLs in the $220-300 range have been all-inclusive, no attempted gouging with a long list of extras. We've discussed the whole extras thing ad nauseum in other threads so I won't rehash it here, but the bottom line is that if you charge for 'basics' like kissing, DATY, etc., especially when the base rate is high to begin with, then you are going to be increasingly uncompetitive with other WLs. :rolleyes:
....Another thing is that it is not that difficult to find what I will call, for want of a better term, amateur girls who are willing to play for reward. It's more effort that making a booking with a WL but with only a small amount of effort I see 3 different ladies semi-regularly at $200-$250. For this there are all the above inclusions plus no set time (I'm usually the one watching the clock lol)...
I've heard of these gems but never hooked up with one. Where do you usually find them? :wideyed:

funflyer

Foundation Member
I've heard of these gems but never hooked up with one. Where do you usually find them? :wideyed:

A good question your XLNC! Yes, where do find them? Should I try asking a check out chick at Coles if she wants a shag to supplement her wages? Don't like my chances somehow!

Last edited:

Rudyboy

Diamond Member
Excuse me miss, I know the wages at Bunnings are a bit hard to live on so I was wondering if I could buy you a sausage and then slip you one after you finish?..........what could possibly go wrong!

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
I thought it was a fairly open secret on here? Hint: it's not Ashley Madison lol :D

Its getting to the stage, that the old fashioned pick up at a bar is looking more attractive you know what we did in 1990's which really isn't that long ago... LOL when nothing was traceable ....

Lacie Tomson

Gold Member
My view on prices has always been that it's all down to supply and demand.

A lady should just charge what clients are prepared to pay. She will know this from how busy she is.

If she's knocking back clients then she should put up her prices.

If she is short of work, then drop them a bit.

Also remember location location. The same lady might not be able to make a living charging $200 ph in one location but in another, $600ph might keep her busy. Where I live there's no w/l's at all - not even privates. One lady on tour here recently was charging $650 and doing really well apparently.

So if I was a w/l I'd be charging based on the demand. I'd love it if ladies charged what I could afford, but in reality they are in business first, so like any business, they should charge what customers are prepared to pay. This is why I find if I am prepared to travel anywhere, I can find a great lady who is working in an area and can only charge maybe $150 or $200 p/h. The same lady with the right marketing could relocate to my town and charge a lot more.

Questioning a ladies rates doesn't make sense based on what I've said, because if she's charging $$$ per hour and it's working for her, then a client complaining saying she's not worth it is just insulting. Her value as a service provider comes down to if she's making enough to satisfy her financial requirements and are clients prepared to pay her hourly rate? Well that's the business angle. Mind you, personally I'm crazy so if she's a sweetie I'll pay whatever just to talk and cuddle her... shhh wait! did I just say that?? :p
So true!
Ps I love cuddles :oops:

XLNC

Legend Member

A good question your XLNC! Yes, where do find them? Should I try asking a check out chick at Coles if she wants a shag to supplement her wages? Don't like my chances somehow!
Oh I don't know, might be worth a shot...

"Are you a flybuys member, sir?"
"No, but I'm a platinum fuckbuys member. Do you take those?"
In like Flynn. Or...
"SECURITY! Security to checkout six."
"Checkout sex you say...?"
"SECURITYYY! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!"

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Locanto.

Post an ad in the personals section. Try to sound normal and not like a serial killer. You'll get replies. Go from there.

Yeah it's a bit more work but the rewards are worth it.

Look like Jennifer Hawkins and charge $200 you will have them lining up, you would be Jenny that did the block!!

XLNC

Legend Member
Locanto.

Post an ad in the personals section. Try to sound normal and not like a serial killer. You'll get replies. Go from there.

Yeah it's a bit more work but the rewards are worth it.
I see, so one must cast a line to try and get a bite rather than looking for ads.

Normal. Does that mean I should use textspeak, poor grammar and make spelling mistakes?

Thanks for the tip. :mask:

funflyer

Foundation Member
Meet me in the power tools aisle and I'll give you a drilling!! ;)
Excuse me miss, I know the wages at Bunnings are a bit hard to live on so I was wondering if I could buy you a sausage and then slip you one after you finish?..........what could possibly go wrong!

What could possibly go wrong? With my luck she'd probably say ........ I'm sorry sir but this is a DIY store![/quote]

Last edited:

Wilde Amanda

Silver Member
My view on prices has always been that it's all down to supply and demand.

A lady should just charge what clients are prepared to pay. She will know this from how busy she is.

If she's knocking back clients then she should put up her prices.

If she is short of work, then drop them a bit.

Also remember location location. The same lady might not be able to make a living charging $200 ph in one location but in another, $600ph might keep her busy. Where I live there's no w/l's at all - not even privates. One lady on tour here recently was charging $650 and doing really well apparently.

So if I was a w/l I'd be charging based on the demand. I'd love it if ladies charged what I could afford, but in reality they are in business first, so like any business, they should charge what customers are prepared to pay. This is why I find if I am prepared to travel anywhere, I can find a great lady who is working in an area and can only charge maybe $150 or $200 p/h. The same lady with the right marketing could relocate to my town and charge a lot more.

Questioning a ladies rates doesn't make sense based on what I've said, because if she's charging $$$ per hour and it's working for her, then a client complaining saying she's not worth it is just insulting. Her value as a service provider comes down to if she's making enough to satisfy her financial requirements and are clients prepared to pay her hourly rate? Well that's the business angle. Mind you, personally I'm crazy so if she's a sweetie I'll pay whatever just to talk and cuddle her... shhh wait! did I just say that?? :p
Where do you live?? I'm up for cuddles & talks. xo A