• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Some more historic photos...

AndyRew00

Hercules
Diamond Member
St Paul's Survives
StPauls1.JPEG

St Paul's Survives is a photograph taken in London during the night raid of 29/30 December 1940, the 114th night of the Blitz of World War II. It shows St Paul's Cathedral, illuminated by searchlights, and surrounded by the smoke of burning buildings. It was taken by photographer Herbert Mason in the early hours of 30 December, from the roof of Northcliffe House, the Daily Mail building on Tudor Street, close to Fleet Street.

The photograph has become a symbol of British resilience and courage, and is considered one of the most iconic images of the Blitz. It became "instantly famous", and turned the Cathedral into "a symbol of togetherness, survival and suffering".During the raid when the photograph was shot, more than 160 people died, over 500 were injured, and hundreds of buildings were destroyed in what became known as the Second Great Fire of London.

AndyRew00

Hercules
Diamond Member
St Paul's Survives
StPauls1.JPEG

St Paul's Survives is a photograph taken in London during the night raid of 29/30 December 1940, the 114th night of the Blitz of World War II. It shows St Paul's Cathedral, illuminated by searchlights, and surrounded by the smoke of burning buildings. It was taken by photographer Herbert Mason in the early hours of 30 December, from the roof of Northcliffe House, the Daily Mail building on Tudor Street, close to Fleet Street.

The photograph has become a symbol of British resilience and courage, and is considered one of the most iconic images of the Blitz. It became "instantly famous", and turned the Cathedral into "a symbol of togetherness, survival and suffering".During the raid when the photograph was shot, more than 160 people died, over 500 were injured, and hundreds of buildings were destroyed in what became known as the Second Great Fire of London.

In my collection of newspapers 'Daily Mail' Tuesday 31 December 1940

St Pauls.jpg

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
In my collection of newspapers 'Daily Mail' Tuesday 31 December 1940

View attachment 52106

Would you believe I have taken a piss up against the wall at St Pauls in London, I asked a Bobby "London copper" where I could go to the toilet he directed me to piss up against St Pauls :) I did what the officer said and thought winner :) how many chances do you ever get to say you pissed on St Pauls... :)

AndyRew00

Hercules
Diamond Member
Would you believe I have taken a piss up against the wall at St Pauls in London, I asked a Bobby "London copper" where I could go to the toilet he directed me to piss up against St Pauls :) I did what the officer said and thought winner :) how many chances do you ever get to say you pissed on St Pauls... :)
What was the copper doing there? so so so close to your urine?

Phoebe

Legend Member
Too add I have pissed on loads of London landmarks after this event too. :)

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Phoebe, maybe you could piss on Happy2. Then you could say you pissed on something really old.

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy;- Have a good look............................Its all about to change, and History will be written.

1953-Holden-FJ-1-Utility.jpg

Phoebe

Legend Member
This would be the very 1st episode of Jackass - military style. They saw it coming...oh they did.

Hmmm...that would be the kind of profession I'd aim for in that era...the household milking man. :bag: Getting paid for delivering fresh milk. :cigar:

Or in your case Being Milked ..... ;)

Happy2

Legend Member
View attachment 52012

I wonder if there are any modern day celebs that have been to war .
James-Blunt.jpg

James Blunt was an officer in the British cavalry during the Kosovo conflict and is a major supporter of Medicine without frontiers and another charity for wounded British servicemen
So probably has done more good than the king Who was drafted and never went to war
Though Elvis certainly did his bit for peanut and banana farmers