• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Some more historic photos...

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy;-
Captured by Associated Press photojournalist Horst-Faas in Vietnam, 1965, the photo paints a different image of war. At first glance, you see a handsome, innocent young man, and on the other, a soldier fighting in a war, that in his words, is a living hell. Many other American troops, disillusioned with the war effort, scribed similar messages onto their helmets as an act of defiance.

2016-01-05-17-18-20.jpg

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Ahoy;- Hmmmmmmmmmm, what can I say, a picture says a 1000 words

View attachment 52003

She should of asked for the tape measure to measure him up too... ;) look how sexist things were back then... and look at it now for men still wearing the same white shirt / black pants and flat shoes men have came a long way....... And men are still doing this to women in the year 2016..... I think HP I may of encroached on some of your 1000 words... :)

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
View attachment 52011

Does anyone know how this locomotive ended up like this and where this happened? Curious to know.

It`s number 17 in my series of photos...

17. Gare Montparnasse Derailment
It was 4pm on October 22, 1895 when the Granville-Paris Express overran the stop in the tracks at the Gare Montparnasse terminal. The train was running a few minutes behind and in a misguided attempt to make up the lost time, the driver of the train entered the station way too fast and the train’s air brake failed to stop the train safely. The train ended up coming out of the train station all together, as you can see in the photo, and landed engine-first on the street below. Luckily for such a major accident, there was only one fatality- a woman on the street hit by falling masonry.
Montparnasse-250x300.jpg

You can also read a bit more about it here...
http://www.messynessychic.com/2012/10/03/the-great-paris-train-wreck/

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy;- Ohhhhhhh Yesterday, it was not so long away...............Yesterday
Old_sailor.jpg

Ahoy;- Hmmmm having a Bad Day
abandoned-old-sailing-ship-ground-45801397.jpg

Phoebe

Legend Member
The funny thing is Homer, that we are still running off to war 70 odd years after the end of WW2....

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
The funny thing is Homer, that we are still running off to war 70 odd years after the end of WW2....

It's not that funny if you think about it. It's a one way ticket for some. Yes history has a bad habit of repeating itself, and no we don't learn...

Phoebe

Legend Member
It's not that funny if you think about it. It's a one way ticket for some. Yes history has a bad habit of repeating itself, and no we don't learn...

Yes it does and its tragic why dont we ever learn?

HP those are great pics 10/10 , I have always loved those kind of pics.. 10/10 keep em coming.

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
1959OpeningofNarrowsbridge.jpg

Guess where?

tb57.jpg

Who rode in one of these badasses?
p10.jpg

Tram #10

Phoebe

Legend Member
Perth near kings park...

No I am too young for that.

Trams in perth come on how young are you >>??? LOL n

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
crawley-then.jpg

Australia Day @ Matilda Bay
Ghan_Detail_6.jpg

The Ghan GSR
"...frequently washed away the track completely. Legend has it The Old Ghan was once stranded for two weeks in one spot and the engine driver shot wild goats to feed his passengers."

1435129611453.jpg

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
img003.jpg

St George's Tce
esplanadereclamation1897.jpg

"In this 1897 picture of the Perth foreshore, the reclaimed land of the Esplanade Reserve is clearly visible. The Old Court House (highlighted) can be seen on the river bank... "

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy;- OHHHHHH Yesterday, soooooo who remembers this bridge been made......

img_0394.jpg

Once upon a time...........These guys used to roam around every neighbourhood in Australia,

milkman_3291303k.jpg 194fb2a.jpg

Jaylily

Gold Member
There are some really cool historic pictures on this thread they are great to see, some sad ones from history as well.