• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

PURPLE HAZE

Sherry

Legend Member
The only football match i ever went to was to watch the dockers play. Some friends who are huge dockers fans couldn't believe I'd never seen a football game! So of course they made me go to a match with them. It was pretty cool actually being there and feeling the excitement of the crowd. It never made me a fan of the game......but I do have a soft spot for the Dockers. They are definitely the underdogs -I am so happy they made it this far..... So go Dockers.....go kick ass!!

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy Good lucky Rochelle, Shhhhhh I think there Guys in white jackets at the door, getting ready to carry you away LOL, all the best

Langtrees VIP Perth 3

Diamond Member
Love your comments Rochelle. It is amazing how there are so many supporters of a Winning Team. My question: Were they supporters when their team was not doing so well?

W

wr3xr

We were still around, getting laughed at by eagles supporters!! But jokes on them because they be a bottom 6 side team for a few years.

Great game last night, i certainly shed tears. Next week we'll smash the hawks.

Langtrres VIP Perth 4

Silver Member
So many people have jumped on the Bandwagon of the Purple Haze......Good to see they finally got there...I'm a good old Carlton Supporter an will stick with them...Lets hope Freo do win as there trophy cabinet is so empty its time they started to fill it lol

T upload_2013-9-22_12-52-24.png

BigMike

Gold Member
We were still around, getting laughed at by eagles supporters!! But jokes on them because they be a bottom 6 side team for a few years.

Great game last night, i certainly shed tears. Next week we'll smash the hawks.

Do better than the Eagles for a season or two and the joke is on them? Historical context my friend... Eagles have been up and down but mostly up for a long long time. Dockers have been... mostly shit. Let's not get carried away.

Enjoy it, I say! Forget about the Eagles.

Port Adelaide was supposed to be a bottom three team for the next few years. Look at them now. Shit happens. A new coach can do wonders. Dockers fans, of all fans, should know that. Hell Docker fans fucking hated Ross Lyon when he arrived!

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Yes, Freo is in the final.......first time in Dockers history. Has anybody been in Fremantle on Saturday night? Honestly it was like NYeve.......only better.
Can't wait for coming Saturday.........I am going camping but will make sure I will be close to a pub on Saturday afternoon. Surely don't want to miss it.

T

Tania Admin

I'm still trying to figure what you are all on about. WA only has the Eagles......
lol but true.

Rochelle

Staff member
Legend Member
I'm still trying to figure what you are all on about. WA only has the Eagles......
lol but true.
No way, Tania...........can't believe you say that.........o_O guess you are avoiding all media at the moment as everybody in WA is talking about it. Look at it from a different angle........Freo is a WA team or would you rather prefer Hawthorn to win?

Rochelle

Staff member
Legend Member
lol..........I bet the Eagles would love to have all their fans as dedicated as you are...........anyway........it will be FREO this year :D yeeeeeehaaaaaaaa

W

wr3xr

Tell you what, it's been a pretty emotional week for me. I generally only cry for good reasons but all week i've been thinking about the game and it brings tears to my eyes.

Nearly 20 years as a supporter and our first cup is 1 game away. Can not wait!!

sparky

Legend Member
There's gonna be a lot of tears as I think the 1st cup is more than a week away

Unless tea counts

C

colzilla

The last time I cried was when I was using the whipper snipper and a stone flung up and hit me in the nut sack.

T

Thatguy

Tell you what, it's been a pretty emotional week for me. I generally only cry for good reasons but all week i've been thinking about the game and it brings tears to my eyes.

Nearly 20 years as a supporter and our first cup is 1 game away. Can not wait!!

Keep waiting... I think Ballantyne is playing for The Hawks today. :D:p

C

colzilla

He's always falling over.
And guarantee turn over whenever Danyle Pearce gets the ball.

W

wr3xr

Pretty shit result. Have to say that alot of freo players simply needed to stand up and they didn't. Definitely didnt seemed settled

Fyfe played well but had he not missed his set shots, well who knows.

Langtrees VIP Perth 3

Diamond Member
Well did find myself watching the game yesterday. Still couldn't understand it but I can appreciate that each player put their very best foot forward. Maybe Freo needs a war dance to get that adrenalin pumping next time.
Congrats to both teams and I am sure Freo will be welcomed home as hero's for they have done WA proud x

Buzz

Foundation Member
its been my dream to watch my team Fremantle in a grand Final.. Well I was one of the 14000 freo supporters who paid the extortion airways to get there. Im so glad I did. the walk to the MCG from Federation square was something I will always remember. It was a sea of purple. Mad every true supporter of Fremantle very proud.
For the Players it seemed an occasion that they were overawed with. I ask how many athletes wouldn't feel the nerves playing in front of 100,007 people. The didnt play well but to keep Hawks to there lowest score of the year speaks for the never give up attitude they now have.
Well done to my team and I feel theres a good chance they will be there again next year hopefully with a different outcome

Rochelle

Staff member
Legend Member
Ahhhhhh never mind. Nothing to celebrate other than making the final first time. Can't believe how many chances they missed (guess the good old nerves) and in the third quarter there was some hope.....but it didn't last. OK Freo..........some growing up to do.

PS: Tania.....give them a break ;)