Please Take Action This Flu Season!

Miss Delights

Diamond Member
As always everything is always understood & appreciated better in hindsight!! But please don't be foolish like me... Go & get a flu shot! It is not a 100% guarantee for all strains but it is a damn good insurance policy along with other precautions you can take!

You can book in at Chemist Warehouse for a flu shot & it only costs $10.99!!

Rmx1X1Nob3RfMjAxOF9CYW5uZXJfMzcweDI3N192MjYvNC8yMDE4IDEyOjMzOjEwIFBN .png

I have suffered from many horrible colds but haven't endured the flu for over a decade & have been a sceptic of flu shots... But after contracting this years flu strain & doing some research I can assure you all from now on I will be implementing a proactive approach to the flu season! That's for sure!

Don't forget your vitamins & natural supplements are a must too for maintaining a healthy & strong immune system! Taking a good muti + probiotic are a must... But during colder months adding in echinacea, garlic, ginger and vitamin C is a must! Along with good hygiene (hand washing/sanitizing shared work spaces)

Also just as a warning to you all; My onset symptoms where that of food poisoning/gastro which progressed to what I though was a head cold so was not expecting to have been the flu... Last year nationwide it killed over 500people so it can be deadly especially to children & elderly!

Take care everybody & stay healthy :) Xx

What are your thoughts on the flu shot? Or experiences with this years flu? Or even just best prevention tips/remedies? Would love to hear?

Elizabeth1

Silver Member
I will never have another flu-shot as the the very 1st and only I've had made me feel like death warmed up. Never ever again!!!! that was in 1999 and never again. I was younger fitter but I have never sicker in my life. I just ride with the punchies

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy;- I agree with Elizabeth1.
I used to take regular yearly flu-shots and always aware that you may get a bad reaction due to the shot.
Finally I did get hit by the shot.
Never-never-never again.

ozwarlock67

Legend Member
I think 1979 may have been the last time I had a shot.
I reckon I've had the flu twice in my adult life.

I'm scared shitless of needles so it just won't happen.

Sherry

Legend Member
I get mine regularly every year after being really sick with the flu one year. After the first flu shot and I did get sick but I had heard that can happen. Every year after that though and I have been fine-might get a sore throat or slight cold but nothing major. I can't handle being sick so I make sure I book it in as soon as it's available.
If you do get a bad flu then I recommend a product called armaforce available from chemists and health food store-all natural and actually works.

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
I will never have another flu-shot as the the very 1st and only I've had made me feel like death warmed up. Never ever again!!!! that was in 1999 and never again. I was younger fitter but I have never sicker in my life. I just ride with the punchies
Wow!!!!....a tuffie

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
I never thought about flu vaccination until I was knocked off my feet a few years back. I was literally out of order for the best part of 9 days. Scary experience.
Since then I do get my flu shot religiously every year. So far I didn't have any side effects, not even a soure throat.