• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Please Take Action This Flu Season!

Miss Delights

Diamond Member
As always everything is always understood & appreciated better in hindsight!! But please don't be foolish like me... Go & get a flu shot! It is not a 100% guarantee for all strains but it is a damn good insurance policy along with other precautions you can take!

You can book in at Chemist Warehouse for a flu shot & it only costs $10.99!!

Rmx1X1Nob3RfMjAxOF9CYW5uZXJfMzcweDI3N192MjYvNC8yMDE4IDEyOjMzOjEwIFBN .png

I have suffered from many horrible colds but haven't endured the flu for over a decade & have been a sceptic of flu shots... But after contracting this years flu strain & doing some research I can assure you all from now on I will be implementing a proactive approach to the flu season! That's for sure!

Don't forget your vitamins & natural supplements are a must too for maintaining a healthy & strong immune system! Taking a good muti + probiotic are a must... But during colder months adding in echinacea, garlic, ginger and vitamin C is a must! Along with good hygiene (hand washing/sanitizing shared work spaces)

Also just as a warning to you all; My onset symptoms where that of food poisoning/gastro which progressed to what I though was a head cold so was not expecting to have been the flu... Last year nationwide it killed over 500people so it can be deadly especially to children & elderly!

Take care everybody & stay healthy :) Xx

What are your thoughts on the flu shot? Or experiences with this years flu? Or even just best prevention tips/remedies? Would love to hear?

Elizabeth1

Silver Member
I will never have another flu-shot as the the very 1st and only I've had made me feel like death warmed up. Never ever again!!!! that was in 1999 and never again. I was younger fitter but I have never sicker in my life. I just ride with the punchies

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy;- I agree with Elizabeth1.
I used to take regular yearly flu-shots and always aware that you may get a bad reaction due to the shot.
Finally I did get hit by the shot.
Never-never-never again.

ozwarlock67

Legend Member
I think 1979 may have been the last time I had a shot.
I reckon I've had the flu twice in my adult life.

I'm scared shitless of needles so it just won't happen.

Sherry

Staff member
Legend Member
I get mine regularly every year after being really sick with the flu one year. After the first flu shot and I did get sick but I had heard that can happen. Every year after that though and I have been fine-might get a sore throat or slight cold but nothing major. I can't handle being sick so I make sure I book it in as soon as it's available.
If you do get a bad flu then I recommend a product called armaforce available from chemists and health food store-all natural and actually works.

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
I will never have another flu-shot as the the very 1st and only I've had made me feel like death warmed up. Never ever again!!!! that was in 1999 and never again. I was younger fitter but I have never sicker in my life. I just ride with the punchies
Wow!!!!....a tuffie

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
I never thought about flu vaccination until I was knocked off my feet a few years back. I was literally out of order for the best part of 9 days. Scary experience.
Since then I do get my flu shot religiously every year. So far I didn't have any side effects, not even a soure throat.