Suzette

Silver Member
There is nothing like good conversation in familiar surroundings and I am sure there would have been many secrets shared around the tables and many stories exaggerated, like a fishing story.
I wonder if there was some stories that came from the Chill Out Lounge perhaps we will never know.

T

Tania Admin

Here in Darwin Austin Lane, where the Langtrees VIP Chillout Lounge is located, the town is being painted. No not red.

There are artworks filled with colour, history and they are absolutely amazing.

Such a wonderful place we live with some amazingly talented artists.
Here is a few pictures to wet your appetite.

Some are works in progress but are still awe inspiring.

20180915_113735_1536980340929.jpg

20180915_113837_1536980455898_1536980658939.jpg

20180915_113910_1536980487581_1536980687545_1536980847272.jpg

20180915_113932_1536980550248.jpg

20180915_114020_1536980522650_1536980714304_1536980871339.jpg

20180915_113813_1536980580700.jpg

Shae Demasi

VIP Companion
Legend Member
Lucky me!! I was spoilt this weekend by a lovely gentlemen friend in Darwin who showed me some of the sights in Darwin.. Enjoyed a delicious Chicken Ceasar Salad for lunch at Berry Springs Tavern and spent some quality time at the nature park.. really looking forward to my next road trip.. possibly out to Litchfield .. :kiss:

T

Tania Admin

images (17).jpeg
The Northern Territory is definitely different to the rest of Australia.
Not just because it's always warm either. Things are a lot more relaxed.
Darwin city and suburbs are more like a big country town than the usual Aussie metropolis.
Things said on the radio here would have many a public outrage in other states and then there is our beloved NT News.
Our front pages are definitely eye catching to say the least!
So I thought I would share a few of our NT News Front Page Headliners.
Let me know which ones are your favourite.
Or even do a search and contribute some too.
Happy Friday everyone :)

unnamed (2).jpg
images (29).jpeg
images (31).jpeg
images (30).jpeg
images (28).jpeg
images (27).jpeg
images (25).jpeg
images (26).jpeg
images (24).jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kia

Bronze Member
https%3A%2F%2Fs3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com%2Fvms-tv-images-prod%2F2018%2F06%2F160247%2FNRL18-RoostersVStorm-EP48.jpg

Who will win?
I'm sure town will be busy tonight and tomorrow with all of the supporters out in force.
Team won? Come celebrate at Langtrees!
Team lost? Langtrees will be a great place to comfort you.

AFL has just gone into 3rd quarter with the pies leading 45 to 33.
Im hoping collingwood take it home.

As a Mellbournian I am hoping Storm win tomorrow!

T

Tania Admin

I really liked you, then I realised you are a Collingwood supporter bahaha.
Nahh, I still like you.
Even more so now the Mighty Eagles won. :)
Sorry I'm not sorry lol

Kia

Bronze Member
haha no I'm actually a richmond supporter but Great Grandmother was a Collingwood supporter so have to stay loyal haha

T

Tania Admin

Mango Madness they call it! The Wet Season build-up.
Hot, humid, can here thunder, can smell the rain but it hasn't rained in months! (Slight exaggeration, there was a 15 minute rainish 3 weeks ago).
Yes people really do go troppo!

Errr merrrr grrrrrd just rain, pour, thunderstorm, pleeeeaaassse!
Screenshot_20181016-065029_WTForecast.jpg

Jo Langtrees

Silver Member
It is totally true. They come out in droves. Just wait for the next few weeks and it will be in full swing :wtf: But loving the rain. Not the humidity.

Farrah

Silver Member
Mango Madness they call it! The Wet Season build-up.
Hot, humid, can here thunder, can smell the rain but it hasn't rained in months! (Slight exaggeration, there was a 15 minute rainish 3 weeks ago).
Yes people really do go troppo!

Errr merrrr grrrrrd just rain, pour, thunderstorm, pleeeeaaassse!
View attachment 62098
The worst part is hearing the thunder, getting your hopes up, then, poop. Nothing :( it's enough to make you cry.

T

Tania Admin

What is this mockery! It stormed 3 suburbs over but not a drop in mine, ugh!

N

Naughty Thoughts

It rained a bit today, but no proper Darwin wet season rains that I've seen... :(

Tahl

Bronze Member
Ok, so sitting here Watching this potential storm rolling in and its got me thinking.. what makes you wet and wild these days? Whats something that tickles your fanny just at the sight of? Not going to lie, Mine is A MAN in uniform.. YES! i know pretty Average as i think that's a fair few of us here :p Police, Fire fighter, Military UGH just thinking about it now DAMN clean up in isle 5, the floor is now slippery as F*ck.. (Sorry boss Lady) I mean mine is shocking though, it's soo bad, Like i Got pulled over by a police officer the other night on the way to work, and i was like a little school girl, I Thought for sure i'd have to clean my drivers the seat up afterwards ha! I Have a few friends in the police force and Military and my GOSH when they're in uniform, inside im secretly thinking Dirty thoughts, DIRTY THOUGHTS!!! i mean with their uniforms off, its a no go for me, but uniforms on, i'm like an uncontrollable Beast that NEED'S TAMING!!.. who else is with me? Tahlz xo

T

Tania Admin

I'm with you! Not literally (I will work on that pmsl, just joking, maybe ha ha). Yep uniforms and a nice cologne = Bon Jovi (Slippery When Wet) for you young whipper snappers...hmmm, mmmmm, yep!

Kim Darwin

Diamond Member
Dates: 26 April to 4 May 2019

The Arafura Games is a unique, inclusive multi-sport event where athletes with a disability compete in the same program as able-bodied athletes. Competitors from around the world compete in the week-long games held every 2 years in the Australian city of Darwin, in the Northern Territory.

The Arafura Games will feature local, national and international athletes with 33 countries invited to participate.

These countries represent some of the Northern Territory’s closest neighbours and have been picked to help maximize opportunities off the field, through trade, business and education links with the potential to grow the NT download.png

maxresdefault.jpg

https://arafuragames.nt.gov.au/news/