iPhone 5

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
I reckon iphone 5s won't be too far away after they sold more than 5million units of iphone 5. LoL...then the 5 million who bought an iphone 5 will queue and pre-order the 5s.

Happy2

Legend Member
Who remembers the Yuppies of the 80's who carried a mobile the size of a house brick And that was the easy bit
The battery pack was twice the size again

Jarum27

XXXXXXXXXX
Silver Member
I reckon iphone 5s won't be too far away after they sold more than 5million units of iphone 5. LoL...then the 5 million who bought an iphone 5 will queue and pre-order the 5s.

Apple stock prices went down bcos they sold only 5 million. They were expecting to sell abt 10 million or something. They are now investigating what went wrong....lol.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
As I said.........please only phone calls and text messages..........I admit to the probably ever lasting tech. dinosaur disease. Hmmmmm just food for thought.......my great great parents were lining up for bread and butter and maybe a bit of milk if lucky..... nowadays people line up for iphone 5 and most likely 6 and 7 to follow. :icon_scra .........what's the deal?????

R.xxxxxx

5ome0ne

Gold Member
But there's so much more a phone can do. Internet (Internet is a must, the phone is especially important if I am AFK), GPS (I have no sense of direction), DLNA (Video streaming for home network, a must for me. Who wouldn't want to watch stuff on there NAS at anywhere at home? If you are a road worrier (I am also one), run a server from your laptop with ad-hoc or use wifi HDD. No more boring time on train, bus or plane), NFC (ok, that's not for iphone yet, very handy to share contact and I am dying here waiting for Google wallet so I don't have to carry a real one), face recognition, image search and QR code, voice recognition, remote desktop, remote control for entertainment system and appliances at home over home network, screen extension, app development, rooting for unofficial apps, unlock functions and install unofficial ROM, overclocking, etc. All sort of things that makes life easier and more productive. I don't think I can live properly indoor or out without my phone or my other gadgets for that matter (proudly an Android owner, the sensible choice).

Last edited:
W

WRXXXR

^ x 11ty million!!

Lets be thankful in 2012 we have decent technology available to the vast majority of the developed or developing world.

Happy2

Legend Member
^ x 11ty million!!

Lets be thankful in 2012 we have decent technology available to the vast majority of the developed or developing world.

Yep they can organise the blowing up of westerners in night clubs Film the beheading of westerners and organise riots all from the comfort of their caves

Vive la technology

Justlookin

Justlookin
Gold Member
There has been a new iPhone released once a year, every year since the first one came out. Same with the iPad. It's an annual release.

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
Tech rumours speculate the 6th generation is 2-3 my years away. But a 5s may appear just for shots and giggles.

Endymion

Silver Member
Steve Jobs was a genius...
I was in Sydney last weekend and noticed a long queue forming in the CBD on Friday evening. Saturday morning dawned bright and clear and the queue had grown considerably and meandered around the corner for a few blocks. Ahah! I found the reason- I spied 3 floors of the brightly lit glass-fronted Apple store that looked like a cross section of an ants' nest, with a myriad of tech freaks and blue-shirted Apple-ites dancing to the tune of Steve's latest blockbusting money spinner....

Have I been sucked in? I am not a Luddite, but I got rid of my cell phone a few months ago... I simply didn't need it and it didn't make my life any easier. Now I am at peace.....

Actually, I still have a simple "Fisher-Price" cell phone to communicate exclusively with WLs.

C

Cherie

I have updated to the IPhone 5, not because i was gaga for the new thing but my IP4 (original) finally shat it self and i was going to upgrade my plan to the 4s but found it was cheaper to go for the IP5 ... Go figure hey!!!
p.s loving having a phone again but it is exactly like the the IP4 except the screen is a bit bigger and the phone runs faster, oh and you can choose your memory size !!

T

Tania Admin

Everyone I know who has an I phone isn't exactly happy with it. Does the new I phone pair with other devices or is it still the same issue of only Apple to Apple? I love my HTC, the memory is awesome, it can pair with anything (other than Apples), is easy to use, maps is great, navigation perfect, internet works wonderfully, it takes awesome photo's and it's not an Apple,,Apples Go Rotten..

Justlookin

Justlookin
Gold Member
Everyone I know who has an I phone isn't exactly happy with it. Does the new I phone pair with other devices or is it still the same issue of only Apple to Apple? I love my HTC, the memory is awesome, it can pair with anything (other than Apples), is easy to use, maps is great, navigation perfect, internet works wonderfully, it takes awesome photo's and it's not an Apple,,Apples Go Rotten..
Everyone you know must be a twat. If I bought htc I would expect it to pair with my Mac. Apple is for people who don't mix and match. It works in my BMW x5. Works with my Bose system. And all my pcs and iPads are apple and it works great will them too. Why would you buy an iPhone if you weren't set up to get the most from it?

Bambi

Creature in the Shadows
Legend Member
i love my iphone 4 and recken the iphone 5 looks great the camera on it is amazing i cant wait to get one

homer

Doh!
Legend Member

LoL...good to see a fellow android user. Yeah well i still think you can't share photos taken on your own camera via bluetooth on the IP5. I owned a HTC before and they work str8 outta the box. str8 forward, str8 n gr8, apps work gr8. I got frigging frustrated when trying to transfer all contacts from an iphone 3gs to a samsung, had to use frigging ifumes to sync them to Outlook, which it doesn't do a good job of, missing numbers left right centre, and missing address info etc. As I recall, you couldn't even send contacts as business cards on the iphone 3gs. iphone is just too flexible in that sense. Other than that, it looks gr8, it feels gr8, light but not very flexible, not a whole lot friendlier than your gas stove kettle. IMHO it seems kinda homo when apple only plays with apple. lol...

:violent5:

A

Althalus

LoL...good to see a fellow android user. Yeah well i still think you can't share photos taken on your own camera via bluetooth on the IP5. I owned a HTC before and they work str8 outta the box. str8 forward, str8 n gr8, apps work gr8. I got frigging frustrated when trying to transfer all contacts from an iphone 3gs to a samsung, had to use frigging ifumes to sync them to Outlook, which it doesn't do a good job of, missing numbers left right centre, and missing address info etc. As I recall, you couldn't even send contacts as business cards on the iphone 3gs. iphone is just too flexible in that sense. Other than that, it looks gr8, it feels gr8, light but not very flexible, not a whole lot friendlier than your gas stove kettle. IMHO it seems kinda homo when apple only plays with apple. lol...

:violent5:

You still can't fileshare via Bluetooth on iOS devices, true, but that isn't a huge concern for me... When I had my HTC Desire the Bluetooth didn't want to play nice with a friend's Nokia either. I prefer to email files if I want to transfer them, or host them on Dropbox to share.

Regarding the contacts, that is always going to happen to you if you aren't platform agnostic with your data.
I've had no issues going from iOS to Android and back to iOS as I keep my contacts managed separate to my phone.
In fact, I actually had them synced to my Google Account on my iPhone, and when I logged into my first Android phone I had all of my contacts there already as a result.

Along with that, I have my Address Book on the Mac synced to Google so that I've always got a local copy that can be exported to .csv or whatever.

Remain platform agnostic and no matter what platform you choose you can have a great time :)

T

Tania Admin

Everyone you know must be a twat. If I bought htc I would expect it to pair with my Mac. Apple is for people who don't mix and match. It works in my BMW x5. Works with my Bose system. And all my pcs and iPads are apple and it works great will them too. Why would you buy an iPhone if you weren't set up to get the most from it?

Everyone I know is not a twat and mind your manners please! Secondly if you are trying to share information via blue tooth with someone who has an I Phone you can't. Apple products are the product that blocks other brand sharing, not the other way around, read my original post correctly and you may understand that. And I wouldn't buy an I Phone, which is made clear too..No need for rudeness.

Justlookin

Justlookin
Gold Member
You mind your manners and Ill mind mine. I love apple and you are being mean about my love ;-)

W

WRXXXR

I love my iphones so much i just threw my 4s over a 14m high wall landing on concrete.

Screen was smashed but still "worked" lol

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
It has been said that Android owners are the happiest customers.

And Apple customers are raving fans.

C

colzilla

When I buy a new phone its piece of shit cheapie. With the money that I save on something like an iphone. I can go spend that money on hookers.

T

that guy28

haha go Smiley, I was expecting you to be praising apple and I was ready to tell you all the ways you are wrong.

Listen up gangbusters.

If you have all apple devices then you'll be pretty happy for about 4 months until 1 tiny thing will go wrong and derail teh whole excercise. For example should it need a new version of itunes and then you say yeah sure I want to import media and then you end up with 4 of each song. Most systems wouldn't do this as they would say hey, onl one of that file, lets just put it in once. Apple says, silly human hasnt put it in 4 times. Lets make more playlists.

@justlookin, you dont have an apple pc. pc is a pc.
Apple purposely makes sure none of their devices work with other things, you can still bluetooth from apple to other stuff but basic functionality like flash is a no no as it means people could make apps without buying an apple developers liscense. They are out to control the world only arent doing as well as google.

I hate my iPhone, its compatibility and filing system is making a complete waste of the technology and whilst apple stuff is flashy, they're computers for people who dont know how to use computers which is fine, just dont call it better. It uses swishy graphics and gradients to make you think its better whilst doing all sorts of crap that will just ruin whatever hard drives or devices it interacts with.

Boo apple.

-the computer guy

T

that guy28

also, I've been using a little cheapy phone for a few months, then got my iphone back from apple (dont even get me started on that one) and the only feature i actually use is multiple alarms.

Could not give a toss about any of the stuff.

Although draw something is pretty good. Wish i had a galaxy though

A

Althalus

If you have all apple devices then you'll be pretty happy for about 4 months until 1 tiny thing will go wrong and derail teh whole excercise. For example should it need a new version of itunes and then you say yeah sure I want to import media and then you end up with 4 of each song. Most systems wouldn't do this as they would say hey, onl one of that file, lets just put it in once. Apple says, silly human hasnt put it in 4 times. Lets make more playlists.

Apple don't design their software to work that way either. Something either broke or it was a user error somewhere.
I've had similar things happen over the years on a multitude of OS's. If the program behaves differently than you might expect and all of a sudden it is the software's fault.

@justlookin, you dont have an apple pc. pc is a pc.

Why can't an Apple PC be a PC?
A PC is just a Personal Computer, and any Apple computer would fit that description.

Apple purposely makes sure none of their devices work with other things,

Sorry, but this is just crap.
If you can give me an actual example of Apple making sure their devices don't work with other things or standards, I'd be very interested to know. Bluetooth stacks aside, they simply don't have a Bluetooth stack for file transfer - It isn't about making sure it doesn't work with other devices.

they're computers for people who dont know how to use computers which is fine, just dont call it better. It uses swishy graphics and gradients to make you think its better whilst doing all sorts of crap that will just ruin whatever hard drives or devices it interacts with.

I'd beg to differ.
Out of the box in OS X I have a full UNIX box at my disposal, all I need to do is open Terminal... Take away the eye candy and at its core you have a very 'nerdy' person's computer.

Ruining Hard Drives/Devices etc? What are you on about? As a computer person, I'd expect more than FUD about an OS. You remind me of a friend of mine who despises all things Apple, when I challenged him on why he didn't have an answer for me. When I asked him to use OS X for a bit he did, but then claimed it was 'just shit'. I'm 100% certain it was because it simply worked differently than Windows that he was an expert in.

I'm not an Apple fanatic, but seriously the blatantly incorrect information about Apple and their software in this thread is astounding.
To steal a line from someone I know - I'm a 'tools for the job' kinda guy. For me, currently, OS X is the best tool for the job as I want a fully POSIX compliant OS with the relevant command line and UNIX tools I need. I also love my Macbook Pro's size/weight/hardware in general.
If Windows 8 turns out to do the job I want better, I'll switch back in an instant (either keeping the MBP that I like or buying a Dell. Whatever is the best tool for the job.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarum27

XXXXXXXXXX
Silver Member
Its sooooo fun stirring up all the iSheeps out there. They always come out saying.."NO...NO..NOO...NOOO....NOOOO...NOOOO....HEEEHAW...HEEHAW....HEEHAW!!!!" ---Southpark fans will get it!!! ;)

Happy2

Legend Member
Personally I just cant see how arguments over a damn phone can get so personal
If we put as much passion into actually talking to people instead of getting more and more isolated by social media it would be energy better spent