• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Get the rock on!

T

Tania Admin

Can't wait. Tomorrow night is the Black Sabbath concert I have been looking forward to for what seems like forever. I have been an avid Black Sabbath fan since primary school. The last time they were in Australia was the year I was born. I'm so excited.

I have been lucky enough to see some of the greats in concert, Elton John, Billy Joel, The Rolling Stones, ACDC, Metallica, Kings Of Leon (relatively new but awesome band). There obviously plenty more I would love to have seen but just didn't have the $$.

What concerts have you been to? And were they all worth it? I must say the ones I have been to have all been pretty awesome.

Happy2

Legend Member
I have not been to a full on concert since the 80's We were in Melbourne and went to TheJudas Priest concert My hearing is still a little screwed but it was a good night

Dallas

Legend Member
I've seen Santana in 1983, Direstraits, Cold Chisel, Jimmy Barnes, Pink Floyd, Queen (got to meet Freddi), The Sweet, U2, and when I was a school kid on the way home in Melbourne, I saw ACDC and Bon Scott riding around on the back of a truck playing it's a long way to the top - that was pretty cool, but never got to see them in concert which was a shame.

T

Tania Admin

I have not been to a full on concert since the 80's We were in Melbourne and went to TheJudas Priest concert My hearing is still a little screwed but it was a good night

Judas Priest would have been awesome!!! I would still love to see Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Alice Cooper,,,heaps really when I think about it,,a couple of them have been here recentlyish but it's that stupid $$$ factor again..

Dallas

Legend Member
Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple are the two I'd most like to see :) Oh and Van Halen!

RobertShakinIt.gif

C

colzilla

Heaven & Hell aka Black Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio R.I.P were here in Oz a few years ago as were Judas Priest.

Priest without KK = BS.

I saw my all time favourite band Disturbed in 2008. Best. Night. Of. My. Life. It was at Challenge Stadium and the seating I had was actually up the top but directly next to the side of the stage! Creaming my pants doesn't even begin to describe my excitement. Dan Donegan (guitarist) had a massive wrack of at least 30 beautiful electric guitars that I was directly above.... every time he did a guitar change he was almost close enough to touch. David Draiman absolutely f*cking rocked the crowd with his insane vocals. He is also my future husband.. back off bitches!
images

I went again in 2011? It was held at Dome this time and I was so excited because I had such high expectations from last year but and it kills me to say this.... They sucked. Apparently David Draiman had some issues with a deviated septum that prevented his vocal abilities and range. The famous growl/scream didn't happen at all and they even played a different selection to get him through the tour. This has since been operated on and it was apparently a success. Bring on the next tour!
images

T

Tania Admin

Woohoo, its tonight. Sooooo excited, my favourite singer Ozzy Osborne and my favourite guitarist Tony Iommi, its going to be awesome. I can't wait!

Happy2

Legend Member
I do hope Ozzy does not disappoint He looks a truly wrecked individual Hope you have a blast Tania
Is it NT's genre as well?

T

Tania Admin

No NT is staying home. My bestie and I are going, we haven't had a night out in what seems like forever. And the awesome bestie she is booked a hotel so we don't need to worry about transport or somewhere to lay our heads, we have no plans on ending the night after the concert, it's party time!! LOOK OUT PERTH! lol

Happy2

Legend Member
No NT is staying home. My bestie and I are going, we haven't had a night out in what seems like forever. And the awesome bestie she is booked a hotel so we don't need to worry about transport or somewhere to lay our heads, we have no plans on ending the night after the concert, it's party time!! LOOK OUT PERTH! lol
Dont take up Ozzies offer to go back to the hotel with him I think his idea of a good time now Is a cuppa Tea and a nice nap Maybe a valium to help him come down as well

T

Tania Admin

Dont take up Ozzies offer to go back to the hotel with him I think his idea of a good time now Is a cuppa Tea and a nice nap Maybe a valium to help him come down as well

I am a happily married woman so that wouldn't happen. Though a cup of tea with Mr Osborne would be totally awesome. He can have his valium all to himself lol

C

colzilla

If it wasn't for Tony Iommi aka riff machine they'd be no Black Sabbath. I reckon Ozzie is drugged f##ked clown. Billy Ward and Geezer have both snorted way to much cocaine aswell.

It's the singing midget for me all the way.

C

colzilla

Why did Tony kick the mighty midget out after only 2 albums. Like Rock'n Ronnie said "We could have been the best ever"

T

Tania Admin

Blah!!!! lol I will let you all know how it goes tomorrow. I don't think we will be in anyway disappointed.

C

colzilla

Their last good album was Mob Rules in 1981.

Mr Dio got sacked by both Tony Iommi and Ritchie Blackmore. That's not a bad effort. Those guitarists sure are an egotistical bunch

T

Tania Admin

Hmmm you think. I come from a family (on my dad's side) of guitarists. Everyone on his side is musically minded, can sing and plays a mean guitar,,,,egostistical? I guess they are lol Me, I can't sing or play an instrument (though am planning on taking up the guitar ASAP, we now own 2), but boy I can dance my ass off! :D

Dallas

Legend Member
Their last good album was Mob Rules in 1981.

Mr Dio got sacked by both Tony Iommi and Ritchie Blackmore. That's not a bad effort. Those guitarists sure are an egotistical bunch

Yes, would agree, Dio was the best singer by far and Mob Rules is my favourite album. I never understood why they got rid of him, he didn't even bite off any bats heads did he?

C

colzilla

I own a set of drums a bass and a guitar. I like to do it all myself. I'm crap at all of them but at least I try.

Dallas

Legend Member
Do you multi track record it Mr Col? - it's fun if you record the drums, then the bass, then guitar, and finally do a few Dio screams

Happy2

Legend Member
Any body can play the drums Col Just look at Ringo He made a few bob without much talent

C

colzilla

No nothing that fancy. I haven't played any of them for a few months... I'm a bit lazier than usual at the moment. I mostly run up and down scales a strum a few chords and doodle.

Dallas

Legend Member
I haven't played at all since I discovered W/L's - well I play but at other things

T

Tania Admin

I've got a drum set too. Its kind of therapeutic giving them a good thrashing and annoying the poor neighbours.

Happy2

Legend Member
Put a picture of of your annoying neighbour or similar and the skins And you can belt out a rhythm as well as you evil humours