Doomsday Preppers

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy Bro Col, this thread is about Preppers.
So we agree you have good looks, but, you can start today and be a Prepper, buy, additional Tea( in box`s) and store them in your house, in no time you will 1000`s of boxes of Tea.
So when the collapse of society occurs, you are ready.
You got your Tea and with that you can go out into the world and barter.
Col the Prepper.
Meeeee I am buying more rum in barrels, and storing them on my ship
Pirate Prepper I am
Bartering for sex. I have nothing to barter with except for my good looks

Ahoy, Do not forget to Vote, just click on the thread below
Link is broken so has been taken down

Last edited by a moderator:

Happy2

Legend Member
I will stock up on fuel and issue promissary notes against that Start a currency based on fuel till a more stable form is thought up Something of more value than the word of a Government or gold which will be useless

I can see blokes walking into langtrees with a Jerrycan now Pouring out a litre for a half hour 2ltre for three :p

T

Thatguy

I've seen the series... I'm amazed at the amount of $$$ that some of them are paying to be prepared.. and the lengths some are going to for something that may or may not happen..

Just food stores alone.. yes there is long life stuff and tinned etc.. but all food eventually will go off.. storing the amounts they do "just in case" seems a bit wasteful to me..

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy Bro H2, Now that is an excellent idea, just Brilliant. Fuel for Punting very Good

I will stock up on fuel and issue promissary notes against that Start a currency based on fuel till a more stable form is thought up Something of more value than the word of a Government or gold which will be useless

I can see blokes walking into langtrees with a Jerrycan now Pouring out a litre for a half hour 2ltre for three :p

Dallas

Legend Member
I have been preparing for a nuclear destruction for some time. People wonder why I do long bookings in the Langtrees room and there is so much banging, well I've been insulating it in lead and reinforced concrete! I call it Vault 69. There's 2000 fruit platters hidden under the bed and ill book all the ladies for about 35 years until it's safe to go outside. Then they'll wear hot looking leather wasteland outfits and well battle the mutated humans with laser rifles . Oh I think I have played one too many computer games! :p

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm picturing Ginger Spice in leather with a Laser Rifle :D

Last edited:

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy, Do not forget to Vote, just click on the thread below, Be like Dallas and Prepper yourself for Voting

I have been preparing for a nuclear destruction for some time. People wonder why I do long bookings in the Langtrees room and there is so much banging, well I've been insulating it in lead and reinforced concrete! I call it Vault 69. There's 2000 fruit platters hidden under the bed and ill book all the ladies for about 35 years until it's safe to go outside. Then they'll wear hot looking leather wasteland outfits and well battle the mutated humans with laser rifles . Oh I think I have played one too many computer games! :p
View attachment 14075

svengali

Foundation Member
This rewinds me of a rather grim comment I heard from a senior army officer who was being interviewed on T.V. back in the cold war days. (History to you kiddies but I lived through it.)

The interviewer was pressing him as to how prepared Australia was for the (real then) possibility of a nuclear war breaking out:

Q) If an enemy launched a nuclear missile at Perth, where would be the best place to be.

A) Right under it.

Barbosa

Gold Member
Aayyyyyeeeeeee Ladie, leather and Guns, Yeeeee Arrrrrr welcome to come aboard, do not forget Ginger

I have been preparing for a nuclear destruction for some time.

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy, Hmmmmmm Leather sniper female;- Yep I am going to need one when the Link is broken so has been taken down
GUN13.jpg

T

Tania Admin

Well first off I would want a few guns and other weaponry for sure. It would be anarchy and a true fight for surival. Somewhere with a cave and a water source very close by (eliminates a lot of food issues), seeds and lots of them. Healing herbs a must too. And dogs. You would need the security. A diesel vehicle and highjack a diesel tanker..

Barbosa

Gold Member
Aayyyyyeeeeeee, Ginger Tea is excellent, it will help
  • Look at the horizon; focus on a distant point, restores your sense of balance.
  • Carry or have access to lots of liquids - club soda is a great stomach settler; if you are vomiting severely, you need water and electrolytes before you'll feel better and, perhaps, medical attention if you become dehydrated. Guzzle H2O and electrolyte-laden beverages like Gatorade, even if your belly keeps tossing the liquid overboard Drink at least eight ounces of liquid every time you throw up.

Barbosa Is it true Ginger spice helps cure seasickness??

A

Al Swearengen

I've seen the series... I'm amazed at the amount of $$$ that some of them are paying to be prepared.. and the lengths some are going to for something that may or may not happen..

Just food stores alone.. yes there is long life stuff and tinned etc.. but all food eventually will go off.. storing the amounts they do "just in case" seems a bit wasteful to me..

Thats one of the things I noticed as well. The sheer expense & the lengths they go to to be prepared. Certainly takes a certain level of paranoia. And kids are being raised with this too.
I thought one guy had a great idea: breed his own rabbits for meat. But then I found out about something called "protein toxicity". Its where too much high level protein can actually kill you in a painful way. Small animals like rabbits, squirrals etc have around 90% protein levels to their meat. Human beings need it to be a bit lower. Larger animals have a lower protein level (around 70%). Humans living off purely squirral, rabbit etc end up poisoning themselves. And this guy was happily breeding rabbits to ensure himself a slow, painful death. None of Doomsday Preppers "experts" picked up on this.

T

Thatguy

I saw a newer ep recently...

some dude reckons instead of stocking up he is going to go after the stores other people have made.. so is preparing by making body armour and ways to attack others..

however his "fully protective and superior" armour.. is made from bathroom tiles wrapped in boating fibreglass and covered with roofing tar.. which he decided on because real body armour is made from ceramic composites, fibreglass/kevlar composites etc etc... and his is just as good as the real stuff while a miniscule fraction of the real thing.. (yes he compared his stuff to the items made by people who do it for a living, and claimed his is just as good)..

now mind you... he tested it using 30-06 ammo.. thinking that if it could protect against that, it would be better than current military vests which are apparently designed for a 7.62 round...

surprise surprise.. the 30-06 went straight through his "armour"... but he kept making it anyway and thought it was better..

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/doomsday-preppers/videos/prepper-build-body-armor/

This is the same dude that has apparently taught himself to give his wife a caesarian section "just in case"...

A

Al Swearengen

I saw a newer ep recently..."

Holy crap. Thats ridiculously stupid. Ceramic is great stuff but not all ceramic is created equal. Therefore a bathroom tile is NOT going to be the same (or even close) to balistic grade ceramic.
Sigh.
I suppose thats part of the appeal of the show: Some preppers are pretty smart & you learn a thing or 2 off them. Others are just plain morons there for comedy reasons.

A

Al Swearengen

My brother just wears tin foil on his head, he says it protects him from the satellites trying to steal his thoughts!

ha ha ha! I got bored at work last year & just for the hell of it I made a couple of tinfoil hats in different styles!
Apparently, tin foil hats actually INCREASE the ability of that dang gubments ability to broadcast signals into your brain!

mick7

Foundation Member
If things got really bad we might have to develop a tast for human flesh as there would be plenty of people to knock off and eat.
anti biotics and ammo might also be tradeable items
I live in the bush and am more of a survivalist than a doomsday prepper but my close friends and I are very well armed.
we don't need to wait for society to collapse there are enough robberys and home invasions happening now

Dallas

Legend Member
ha ha ha! I got bored at work last year & just for the hell of it I made a couple of tinfoil hats in different styles!
Apparently, tin foil hats actually INCREASE the ability of that dang gubments ability to broadcast signals into your brain!

Thanks Al, I'll have to pass the tin foil had info on to my brother! ;-)

Dallas

Legend Member
Is there some kind of hat you can wear, to put a thought INTO a vacuous head like mine?

Yes H2, it's called a Langtrees cap. It's very discreet - even your best friend won't know you're wearing it but once you put it on, all you'll think about is Langtrees ladies.
I haven't taken mine off for about a year now :p

Happy2

Legend Member
Yes H2, it's called a Langtrees cap. It's very discreet - even your best friend won't know you're wearing it but once you put it on, all you'll think about is Langtrees ladies.
I haven't taken mine off for about a year now :p
Doesn't make you look like a dick does it? A fully distended excited Dick?