Do you work in an environment where they always believe the worse of staff?

DDxoxo

Live, Love & Believe
Legend Member
Just wondering if you work in an office or factory where your management believe the worse of the staff rather than believing the best........

And if you do - how does it make you feel?

DDxoxo

Live, Love & Believe
Legend Member
Sometimes try as you might, people will always think that you are there to wrought the system....
And it makes one sad when you are doing the best you can....
then often it is wondered why there is sometimes no enthusiasm around the office -
perhaps the negativity????

DDxoxo

Live, Love & Believe
Legend Member
"To hold our tongues when everyone is gossiping, to smile without hostility at people and institutions, to compensate for the shortage of love in the world with more love in small, private matters; to be more faithful in our work, to show greater patience, to forego the cheap revenge obtainable from mockery and criticism: all these are things we can do."

Hermann Hesse

Lana posted this at QUOTE of the Day!
Guess I was unable to hold my tongue this evening!

Miss Chloe

A Sensual & Kinky Affair
Diamond Member
I always try to help and do the right thing by everyone but it can feel pretty unfair when I get punished for other peoples wrongdoings. It can make me feel like not trying anymore as I'll be penalised either way.

Rachy

Rachael Canberra
Gold Member
Sometimes try as you might, people will always think that you are there to wrought the system....
then often it is wondered why there is sometimes no enthusiasm around the office -
I know that if I worked somewhere where I was treated like shit and anything I did was never good enough. That work place certainly would not be getting any enthusiasm from me :$
Its not ok to ever make anyone feel belittled or worthless.

DDxoxo

Live, Love & Believe
Legend Member
I always try to help and do the right thing by everyone but it can feel pretty unfair when I get punished for other peoples wrongdoings. It can make me feel like not trying anymore as I'll be penalised either way.

Exactly..... and I believe the more sensitive of us suffer more than those with a more tough disposition.......

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
Just wondering if you work in an office or factory where your management believe the worse of the staff rather than believing the best........

And if you do - how does it make you feel?

Yes I have DD......in the recent past and the distant past I have had to make a living in such environments. One of the most horrific examples was when I was in charge of a crew in a production plant as a supervisor a few years ago. The man put in charge has an EGO the size of a planet that is as hard as steel. Yet his self esteem was less than an insignificant spec of shit. Why did I say such a phrase? The men under him often described him as AN INSIGNIFICANT SPEC OF SHIT WHO SQUATS TO PISS AND WEARS A GIRL'S BLOUSE. Now I am not into sexism, or talking about people like that. But that really was the level of respect that this man created among his most important assets.....his staff. He is known as Rob........which is short for Robyn....so go figure......

He has climbed the ranks in his working life though as a flawless operator, had accelerated motivation, and beating down plenty of others in a cut throat industry and environment. In his objective reality fear and scarcity lead the way. The world has changed when it comes to being on the front line and he really does not have a clue. His management skills mean forcefully wielding of low key and outdated methods of inflicting fear, bullying, and being demanding beyond reason. At times he would embarrass himself sorely by fucking up in front of a crowd whether it was in trying to do something he no longer understands how to do, or just putting his venomous mouth in it. Yet his number one objective was to shelter his shit spec of a a self esteem with his destructive ego. His superiors, peers, and subordinates simply hated him. Truthfully he created a life for himself where if he ever fell from his position of power, very few would help him up if any. But a lot of guns will be locked and loaded and aimed at him. He really hurt a lot of people in small and big ways. And he genuinely enjoyed doing that.

The other side of the coin though is that his job is not easy. Running a huge factory and being responsible for productivity targets is extremely stressful. His job was 24 hours a day with 12 hours on site and 12 hours on call. He had to deal with the burden of meeting targets no matter what or else!!!!! And all the unforeseen and inevitable factors that retarded production was his fault as far as his superiors were concerned. More importantly a business where there is staff is full of issues. Workers would get sick, have personal problems, lie about absentees. And he had to enforce what he had to enforce. He just went about it in the most ugly way which were threatening people of their livelihoods. I distinctly remember a meeting where sat me down with my leading hand and said that we are to work 7 days. We don't have to.....but if we don't it would not be good for our careers. He basically back us into a corner to make a decision that was either his choice....or his choice.....

I do not believe in absolutes so to say he is right or wrong is not the point. He is what he is......a man in his late 50s that threw his administrative weight around to please his ego. But was his way of being effective? Lets see. One day he broke his foot walking along the top of a wall and fell off.....something children like to do. He had to be away for a few weeks. The moral of all several hundred workers lifted. Eighty percent of he fear was gone, and a harmony in the environment made for happiness and a very high productivity that broke records. Simply because one man was not there.

The man that stepped in was Alec who was also demanding in results. Yet he never hurt anyone. If an issue had to be addressed it by explaining himself and gave examples and asked guided questions until the receiver got the answers themsleves. When he did not understand something he simply admitted it and asked to be educated. He never put us through the exhausting process of listening to how he was ONTO EVERYTHING and KNEW EVERYTHING. No one knows everything......that is impossible. Such inauthentic acts just embarrasses a person in front of hundreds. In a nutshell....productivity went through the roof!!!!!!

Rob was eventually sacked for bullying and aggression and violating so many simple rules of life that most learned by the time they are 10 year old......he just pushed the limits too far as he jammed his forever inflating ego up his ass more and more. And no one has seen him since. He has either moved away, or hides. Perth is not really a big enough place for hundreds of people to never bump into him. But that is probably a good thing. If he bumped into a group of ex subordinates, he would get hurt. Families have broken down from his demanding of time when targets had to be met, houses were lost when he fired of demoted people that bruised his ego for being correct, and many more ridiculous examples.

So yes I have worked in an environment where management only thinks the worst which is a reflection from the fecal pit that they have on the inside. Is it right or wrong? Who knows........Yet I for one do not believe in treating people like that. Rob was talented in certain ways. Yet he did not demonstrate leadership, power, and calmness. And I do not believe it is because he did not want to......he simply did not have what it takes to be a leader. Sad......as he is now too old to be the champion shit kicker he once was. I often wonder what became of him.

ziggy

Gold Member
I have been fortunate to mostly work in positive environments, but had a boss who used his position in a negative dictatorship way. I lost a lot of confidence in myself during that time. I moved on to another job, best thing I could have done. I now make a point to ensure I am positive and encouraging with my staff reporting to me. I want a positive, productive environment.

Happy2

Legend Member
There are double standards in all industries
I remember a interview on the ABC radio sportstalk And they were talking to Neil Balme who at the time was the Collingwood football manager He said
From the day of the draft We drum into these players Loyalty to the club we must be a team Trust was the key word Come October 9 Which was first day of trade week We said to the football world Everybody is up for trade If the deal is good enough Even Nathan Buckley
The day after trade we will tell the players Loyalty is a must

Master Yoda

Legend Member
I have been fortunate to mostly work in positive environments, but had a boss who used his position in a negative dictatorship way. I lost a lot of confidence in myself during that time. I moved on to another job, best thing I could have done. I now make a point to ensure I am positive and encouraging with my staff reporting to me. I want a positive, productive environment.

Bad bosses and managers do destroy the confidence of a lot of people. But like yourself, a negative role model can also teach us. They will lead a trail of destruction where ever they go while they are hurting and embarrassing themselves.

Not long ago I was in a place where the negative dictator turned up and was ripping into people before putting the brief case down. Then reward and bollocksed someone publically just to feel powerful. Then immediately whispering to another manager seeking approval....who does that?..........

The moment this SPEC of a person was out of the frame, the whole world just rolled their eyes and went pfft......

XLNC

Whatever happened to FREE love?
Legend Member
Happily, I don't think I have been in this unhappy situation but, after more than a couple of decades in the workforce, I have come across my fair share of managerial midgets and nasty napoleons, so I can imagine how soul-destroying it must feel.

Just remember though...

lrgscalestressed-is-desserts-coaster.jpg

And if it's a persistent problem...

image.jpg

TheRoamingEyeball

Gold Member
I've worked for Coles and Woolworths and it was SSDD. The store managers made or broke the working environment that's for sure and if I didn't feel appreciated, especially when I was going above and beyond, then there really was no incentive to continue. I used to try to avoid Woolworths as they were the most recent bastards but now I just avoid them as their food products have been maggoty. Like wtf, in bags of nuts and cans of tomato paste :/ The value they show their employees is showing through lol

Sophie Lee

Gold Member
My past over & over...they don't know what they've got 'til it's gone...no regrets. I now run my own business & that's my life!!!! No head fucks, now head space to deal with my own success & happiness. Just go AWOL, they'll pay you they needed me more than I needed them. Innovation is a new concept, been around for along time, everyone generally thinks alike though has a different approach to execute the success of business, innovation is these minds speaking at the table 'yes', a business coach will do this & those outspoken narrcasists, liars & cheats will be in the limelight of Management...no one wins, or should be out to win in a team, everyone has their positions and in a team each player is cut out for their position they have been employed for. I'm still on my journey oh yeah, so much wiser, I love learning. LOL

Anthony G

Gold Member
I have been in the situation and you look your to managers to make sure everybody is happy. Its not easy but if you love your job you don't give up. How do people with two separate lives make it work they meet in the middle and work Backwoods

scarlett lee

Gold Member
I've worked in a really diverse number of industries and can say that it is a truism that applies across the board: a good manager with an appreciation for their staff will always have a happier, more productive workforce than someone with a drill-sergeant mentality who thinks the only way to rule is through intimidation and force. As the saying goes: you catch more flies with honey than vinegar! :)

Anthony G

Gold Member
I've worked in a really diverse number of industries and can say that it is a truism that applies across the board: a good manager with an appreciation for their staff will always have a happier, more productive workforce than someone with a drill-sergeant mentality who thinks the only way to rule is through intimidation and force. As the saying goes: you catch more flies with honey than vinegar! :)
U have to be firm with a young horse but not cruel work with him not against him.

asianguy77

Diamond Member
Nowadays everything seems to be measured by Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and if you don't meet your targets, they ask questions.

However, statistics lie and can be skewed, so even sometimes you may be going above your role, it does not reflect in the stats.

Linda

The Wild Child
Legend Member
Well put DD
We all have those moments with employment
Some more often than it should be
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Anthony G

Gold Member
Yes I have DD......in the recent past and the distant past I have had to make a living in such environments. One of the most horrific examples was when I was in charge of a crew in a production plant as a supervisor a few years ago. The man put in charge has an EGO the size of a planet that is as hard as steel. Yet his self esteem was less than an insignificant spec of shit. Why did I say such a phrase? The men under him often described him as AN INSIGNIFICANT SPEC OF SHIT WHO SQUATS TO PISS AND WEARS A GIRL'S BLOUSE. Now I am not into sexism, or talking about people like that. But that really was the level of respect that this man created among his most important assets.....his staff. He is known as Rob........which is short for Robyn....so go figure......

He has climbed the ranks in his working life though as a flawless operator, had accelerated motivation, and beating down plenty of others in a cut throat industry and environment. In his objective reality fear and scarcity lead the way. The world has changed when it comes to being on the front line and he really does not have a clue. His management skills mean forcefully wielding of low key and outdated methods of inflicting fear, bullying, and being demanding beyond reason. At times he would embarrass himself sorely by f**king up in front of a crowd whether it was in trying to do something he no longer understands how to do, or just putting his venomous mouth in it. Yet his number one objective was to shelter his shit spec of a a self esteem with his destructive ego. His superiors, peers, and subordinates simply hated him. Truthfully he created a life for himself where if he ever fell from his position of power, very few would help him up if any. But a lot of guns will be locked and loaded and aimed at him. He really hurt a lot of people in small and big ways. And he genuinely enjoyed doing that.

The other side of the coin though is that his job is not easy. Running a huge factory and being responsible for productivity targets is extremely stressful. His job was 24 hours a day with 12 hours on site and 12 hours on call. He had to deal with the burden of meeting targets no matter what or else!!!!! And all the unforeseen and inevitable factors that retarded production was his fault as far as his superiors were concerned. More importantly a business where there is staff is full of issues. Workers would get sick, have personal problems, lie about absentees. And he had to enforce what he had to enforce. He just went about it in the most ugly way which were threatening people of their livelihoods. I distinctly remember a meeting where sat me down with my leading hand and said that we are to work 7 days. We don't have to.....but if we don't it would not be good for our careers. He basically back us into a corner to make a decision that was either his choice....or his choice.....

I do not believe in absolutes so to say he is right or wrong is not the point. He is what he is......a man in his late 50s that threw his administrative weight around to please his ego. But was his way of being effective? Lets see. One day he broke his foot walking along the top of a wall and fell off.....something children like to do. He had to be away for a few weeks. The moral of all several hundred workers lifted. Eighty percent of he fear was gone, and a harmony in the environment made for happiness and a very high productivity that broke records. Simply because one man was not there.

The man that stepped in was Alec who was also demanding in results. Yet he never hurt anyone. If an issue had to be addressed it by explaining himself and gave examples and asked guided questions until the receiver got the answers themsleves. When he did not understand something he simply admitted it and asked to be educated. He never put us through the exhausting process of listening to how he was ONTO EVERYTHING and KNEW EVERYTHING. No one knows everything......that is impossible. Such inauthentic acts just embarrasses a person in front of hundreds. In a nutshell....productivity went through the roof!!!!!!

Rob was eventually sacked for bullying and aggression and violating so many simple rules of life that most learned by the time they are 10 year old......he just pushed the limits too far as he jammed his forever inflating ego up his ass more and more. And no one has seen him since. He has either moved away, or hides. Perth is not really a big enough place for hundreds of people to never bump into him. But that is probably a good thing. If he bumped into a group of ex subordinates, he would get hurt. Families have broken down from his demanding of time when targets had to be met, houses were lost when he fired of demoted people that bruised his ego for being correct, and many more ridiculous examples.

So yes I have worked in an environment where management only thinks the worst which is a reflection from the fecal pit that they have on the inside. Is it right or wrong? Who knows........Yet I for one do not believe in treating people like that. Rob was talented in certain ways. Yet he did not demonstrate leadership, power, and calmness. And I do not believe it is because he did not want to......he simply did not have what it takes to be a leader. Sad......as he is now too old to be the champion shit kicker he once was. I often wonder what became of him.
I have been the offsider of a man like this. Ieft and forgive him for his truly a very sad man who is never happy. I am always happy and he did not like this I did produce results I pushed myself as hard as I could to make him happy but it was never enough, I was never good enough. I'm stronger from the experience and believe more than ever in making people feel good about themselves and not telling them that if they where there son they would have burried them 20 years ago I would have been 13 years what a fuckin arsehole told me I was druggie cause I take pills to survive. I have since seen other people take pills to survive and their success is without question and I'm very I left my former job its the best outcome I could have hoped for I now am respected where I work and have found u so yes I understand if u are trying to do the right things u will find a path that will lead u to place that makes u happy. Nothing goes without consequence in matter and time, the actions of all come to their door. To think one is always right and that they see everything u have to feel sorry for someone who can't see what they are, I have satisfaction of knowing I gave my all and my conscience is clear I tried my best. I gave them every chance to change and not be a tyrant but that is what they are when they pray on the weaknesses of others to d
Feel better about themselves. Yet they wings and complain about everyone when they don't get what they want. I had enough of the winging and the blaming and complaining over and over again when people did nothing but run for this person. I'm just down the road but its a world away and that's fine with me. Seeing me happy down the road is not something they are enjoying not that I am taking joy from it but just giving an example of what can happen believe in doing the right thing mistakes we all make and that's learning just remember bad things happen when u get angry. I'm a big fan of star wars

Master Yoda

Legend Member
I have been the offsider of a man like this. Ieft and forgive him for his truly a very sad man who is never happy. I am always happy and he did not like this I did produce results I pushed myself as hard as I could to make him happy but it was never enough, I was never good enough. I'm stronger from the experience and believe more than ever in making people feel good about themselves and not telling them that if they where there son they would have burried them 20 years ago I would have been 13 years what a fuckin arsehole told me I was druggie cause I take pills to survive. I have since seen other people take pills to survive and their success is without question and I'm very I left my former job its the best outcome I could have hoped for I now am respected where I work and have found u so yes I understand if u are trying to do the right things u will find a path that will lead u to place that makes u happy. Nothing goes without consequence in matter and time, the actions of all come to their door. To think one is always right and that they see everything u have to feel sorry for someone who can't see what they are, I have satisfaction of knowing I gave my all and my conscience is clear I tried my best. I gave them every chance to change and not be a tyrant but that is what they are when they pray on the weaknesses of others to d
Feel better about themselves. Yet they wings and complain about everyone when they don't get what they want. I had enough of the winging and the blaming and complaining over and over again when people did nothing but run for this person. I'm just down the road but its a world away and that's fine with me. Seeing me happy down the road is not something they are enjoying not that I am taking joy from it but just giving an example of what can happen believe in doing the right thing mistakes we all make and that's learning just remember bad things happen when u get angry. I'm a big fan of star wars
Yes you are right.......when people behave like that they often have a story and an inner self that is damaged and ugly. Yet unleashing that on others for self gratification will generate a karmic reaction from the universe that is inevitable.....their time will come. And if they are selfish enough to escape it....it will often be passed onto a loved one.

Forgiveness? Of course, I do not wish to share in their pain. I need not give any intervention and neither does anyone else. Their horrid ways will be reflected back at them when their time comes. Hating such a person is like drinking poison to hut them...stupid. Plus any gestures would not be understood as they are often very unintelligent. Like if Rob read this he would not understand it, nor would he acknowledge how much he hurt each of the many people.

It is hard not to feel sorry for such damaged souls.....yet their onset to suffer is a karmic path they carved out for themselves.

Such individuals often have an amazing will power and know a LOT ABOUT VERY LITTLE. They will be clever about what they know. But wisdom is scare....and often thick as shit about most other things.

And after working with Rob....I have never found another job difficult again. So that is what I got for myself. People after Rob or even now who act like that are rather insignificant compared to that. And even if I get angry at these individuals as I do since I am only human it cannot last long, It is like dealing with a child. People like that often have people pity them more than hate them. And that is the grace that saves them being pounded down to a fine powder on a daily basis. Most people have a kind enough heart to not punch baby in the face. So the pity will save these people time and time again.

I like the way you think. Keep posting............

Anthony G

Gold Member
Yoda meet Cooch Cooch ,Yoda
There was one day I got on my knees and prayed for hours for god to help me, I couldn't even stand up I had been made to feel that bad about myself. But I didn't given up a
Yes you are right.......when people behave like that they often have a story and an inner self that is damaged and ugly. Yet unleashing that on others for self gratification will generate a karmic reaction from the universe that is inevitable.....their time will come. And if they are selfish enough to escape it....it will often be passed onto a loved one.

Forgiveness? Of course, I do not wish to share in their pain. I need not give any intervention and neither does anyone else. Their horrid ways will be reflected back at them when their time comes. Hating such a person is like drinking poison to hut them...stupid. Plus any gestures would not be understood as they are often very unintelligent. Like if Rob read this he would not understand it, nor would he acknowledge how much he hurt each of the many people.

It is hard not to feel sorry for such damaged souls.....yet their onset to suffer is a karmic path they carved out for themselves.

Such individuals often have an amazing will power and know a LOT ABOUT VERY LITTLE. They will be clever about what they know. But wisdom is scare....and often thick as shit about most other things.

And after working with Rob....I have never found another job difficult again. So that is what I got for myself. People after Rob or even now who act like that are rather insignificant compared to that. And even if I get angry at these individuals as I do since I am only human it cannot last long, It is like dealing with a child. People like that often have people pity them more than hate them. And that is the grace that saves them being pounded down to a fine powder on a daily basis. Most people have a kind enough heart to not punch baby in the face. So the pity will save these people time and time again.

I like the way you think. Keep posting............[/quote
we seem to be on the same page