• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Cut or uncut?? - Your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy Pop

Cunning linguist & master debater.
Gold Member
If you look at circumcision in "first world" countries there is ZERO cases of infant mortality or similar linked to circumcision.

This is an absolutely factual statement. Please can you show me where you have found this misinformation? It would seem that you are perhaps being dogmatic, and searching for articles confirming your bias.

I am in no way attacking you, your penis, or your parents for making the decision to circumcise you. There are many, many SCHOLARARY studies, facts, and statistics to support my argument. Most of the pro-circ studies out there are funded by the people gaining profit as a result. Please see the below link if you are genuinely interested in making yourself aware of TRUE information surrounding circumsion.

http://www.circinfo.org/USA_deaths.html

L

Lord Spikey

This is an absolutely factual statement. Please can you show me where you have found this misinformation? It would seem that you are perhaps being dogmatic, and searching for articles confirming your bias.

I am in no way attacking you, your penis, or your parents for making the decision to circumcise you. There are many, many SCHOLARARY studies, facts, and statistics to support my argument. Most of the pro-circ studies out there are funded by the people gaining profit as a result. Please see the below link if you are genuinely interested in making yourself aware of TRUE information surrounding circumsion.

http://www.circinfo.org/USA_deaths.html

Hi Zigg. The following is my personal opinion and not a comment in the position of Moderator.

Thanks for all of your facts, but the real issue is that some of us are circumcised and some aren't. The vast majority of us circumcised ones had no choice in the matter, whether it was done as a baby, or whether it was done as members of the defense force (yes, they own your body while you are in. If they want you circumcised, then guess what?). There are only a small number, by comparison, that have the operation by choice, whether it be a medical necessity or not.

I have been reading your posts and feel that some, who may be sensitive about their circumcised condition, may begin to feel that they are second class in some way. They they are victims of cruel parents, or in some way deformed or not whole.

I am circumcised. My knob is free. I have no medical issues. I have no feeling of missing out on anything. I do not hate my parents for making this decision, or for not preventing a doctor from performing it. It is a Non Issue for me.

You, being a woman have even less involvement in the issue, unless you are considering female genital mutilation on yourself. Although I appreciate your general concern and desire to bring the subject under discussion, may I suggest that there has now been enough and this topic has degenerated into an argument with a lady who has no chance of ever experiencing this at first hand.

Sorry if this seems harsh, but perhaps you should be making your strong opinions clear to a medical board.

Status
Not open for further replies.