Best advice you've ever been given

grumpyas

Silver Member
I dotty live by it but have never forgotten this gem: 'Mate don't do fat chicks, don't spill yer beer'..

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
We all talk of the terrible bits of advice we're given

But whats the best advice you have ever had I think dad telling me to
"Go for it , if it doesn't work out it's just another life experience If it does great
And you just know, you will wonder ,what if?, forever if you dont"

I was told by a wise friend. ......

You are not young. .....go find a nice girl who is not in this industry and settle down....

Jenna B Bright

Bronze Member
go ahead..... Make plans......
hear that sound....??
its god laughing....
(stopped chasing what i really wanted and started living the life i was served and lived it well...
and the very thing i wanted.... them BAMM!
everything i chased.... on my door step..
love it!

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
go ahead..... Make plans......
hear that sound....??
its god laughing....
(stopped chasing what i really wanted and started living the life i was served and lived it well...
and the very thing i wanted.... them BAMM!
everything i chased.... on my door step..
love it!

Yes.........attachment to what we seek and chasing seems to chase it away. Or have it run away eventually......

Knowing and desiring and trusting will manifest. Although proven over and over.....most seem to reject this great law.......

Congratulations on manifesting what you desire........

MrBig

Diamond Member
Forget about others' advice.
Most of the advice given are generally quite obvious.
The most memorable moments (good and bad) in life are generally those new things you discover yourself along the way (sometimes the hard way). Experiences you've never had you won't miss.
Some experiences you dream of having - well the dream might be better than the real thing.
If someone advices you that you'll meet misfortune in an activity you're keen on accomplishing you'll never know unless you try.
What works for some will not work for all, there are always exceptions.
No, I'm not trying to give advice. I'm just waffling along with my thoughts and keyboard in front of me.
I'll pick up those thoughts and keyboard and chuck them in the bin now.
Blab Blab - I think I've just dumbed my brain.

JustMe

Gold Member
Forget about others' advice.
Most of the advice given are generally quite obvious.
The most memorable moments (good and bad) in life are generally those new things you discover yourself along the way (sometimes the hard way). Experiences you've never had you won't miss.
Some experiences you dream of having - well the dream might be better than the real thing.
If someone advices you that you'll meet misfortune in an activity you're keen on accomplishing you'll never know unless you try.
What works for some will not work for all, there are always exceptions.
No, I'm not trying to give advice. I'm just waffling along with my thoughts and keyboard in front of me.
I'll pick up those thoughts and keyboard and chuck them in the bin now.
Blab Blab - I think I've just dumbed my brain.
I think I know where you're going with this but it's deep and I'm advising myself not to pursue it because once I'm six feet down I might not get back out.

Sexty8

Sexty8 - you do me , and then I owe you one!
Diamond Member
Once you find yourself in a hole, stop digging...