• Lots of naked NEW Members on the forum plz add an AVATAR we are adding them if you don't if you don't like change them.

53 and single for the first time in a long time..do I need to get into better shape to attract a beautiful mature women?

The pity party continues, with the same offenders. Just stop whining about your past relationships and create a more meaningful and happy future for yourselves. Mr '53 years old and single for the first time in a long time' doesn't need the toxicity of your perspectives on relationships. He needs hope and encouragement to re assimilate into a dating game that's changed a lot since he was last active in it. Mate my take on dating hasn't changed that much but for what it's worth here it is. Be honest, be interesting, be clean and smell nice. Be a gentleman until invited to be otherwise. Take risks with your heart and ego, no pain = no gain. Genuineness is transparent, be authentic. Open doors, pull back seats at the table, buy flowers..........communicate your feelings........take it slow. Good luck, 53 is actually a great age to be out there looking!
Wow,that's absolutely 100% how I feel & I am that kind of guy although i
The pity party continues, with the same offenders. Just stop whining about your past relationships and create a more meaningful and happy future for yourselves. Mr '53 years old and single for the first time in a long time' doesn't need the toxicity of your perspectives on relationships. He needs hope and encouragement to re assimilate into a dating game that's changed a lot since he was last active in it. Mate my take on dating hasn't changed that much but for what it's worth here it is. Be honest, be interesting, be clean and smell nice. Be a gentleman until invited to be otherwise. Take risks with your heart and ego, no pain = no gain. Genuineness is transparent, be authentic. Open doors, pull back seats at the table, buy flowers..........communicate your feelings........take it slow. Good luck, 53 is actually a great age to be out there looking!

have to say I've been second guessing myself a little bit of late,the old " nice guys finish last" adage is more prevent now than I've ever experienced unfortunately & tbh although I can't and won't change my values for anything. Really it's been pretty confronting. More often than not women I've approach mostly on dating sites,some who've contacted me through various forums and ads I've placed initially broach the intent of meeting for a date or straight up NSA then inevitably will steer the conversation towards at the least partly treats more often than not though financial rewards too. I'm concerned that there's not to many ladies out there who are actually interested in having a relationship with a guy like me who wants love and happiness forever which obviously has the benefit of having a guy who wants to take care of the woman he loves in every way financially and emotionally. I'm not sure if I'm to out of touch and certainly not going to give up on the dream so thank you mrys, it's really nice to hear that not everyone has a negative attitude towards something that seems to be a concept that is becoming a part of folklore in many facets of our society cheers

It happens, but it's what you make of it after. Honestly made me re-evaluate a lot of my life, and led to me finally doing higher education.

If the experience has left you bitter towards the other sex, then you've lost. Simple as that. I don't see enjoyment in life without someone very special and who cares about me like I do her, being beside me to do the ups and downs of life. Fuck knows it's hard by yourself. Been there, done that too.
For Sure & I'm not bitter I don't think really.,a little more cautious perhaps. after the initial crushing rejection & brutal reality of knowing she's back out there doing the obvious I've been doing alright I guess. Unfortunately it seems that there's an inevitable outcome that is the loaded dice. Whether I'm the catalyst protagonist or not is yet to be seen so roll on I guess

johnmatilda

Legend Member
For Sure & I'm not bitter I don't think really.,a little more cautious perhaps. after the initial crushing rejection & brutal reality of knowing she's back out there doing the obvious I've been doing alright I guess. Unfortunately it seems that there's an inevitable outcome that is the loaded dice. Whether I'm the catalyst protagonist or not is yet to be seen so roll on I guess
Bit late, too bad you didn't read this thread and others before admin deleted some posts.

mrys

Legend Member
Wow,that's absolutely 100% how I feel & I am that kind of guy although i

have to say I've been second guessing myself a little bit of late,the old " nice guys finish last" adage is more prevent now than I've ever experienced unfortunately & tbh although I can't and won't change my values for anything. Really it's been pretty confronting. More often than not women I've approach mostly on dating sites,some who've contacted me through various forums and ads I've placed initially broach the intent of meeting for a date or straight up NSA then inevitably will steer the conversation towards at the least partly treats more often than not though financial rewards too. I'm concerned that there's not to many ladies out there who are actually interested in having a relationship with a guy like me who wants love and happiness forever which obviously has the benefit of having a guy who wants to take care of the woman he loves in every way financially and emotionally. I'm not sure if I'm to out of touch and certainly not going to give up on the dream so thank you mrys, it's really nice to hear that not everyone has a negative attitude towards something that seems to be a concept that is becoming a part of folklore in many facets of our society cheers
I'm happy to read that you will stay true to self offit. Being something/someone you're not never works in the long term. Dating in the 40+ world definitely has its challenges but it also has huge opportunities for connection and happiness too. By the time you reach your 40's and 50's there is an equal amount of hurt out there amongst guys and girls who have been in relationships that didn't work. It really doesn't matter which partner is to blame (or both) as the end result is the same. Distrust, betrayal, financial pain, heartache around shared children, questioning self, loss of confidence and mojo.....it's a long list of angst for both genders. Staying true to self, being open to the potential of finding the right partner is worth the effort. As someone once said 'none of us make it out of here alive' so live and take risks with your heart. Be discerning but keep going, there are some lovely women out there looking for a lovely man. I might ad that from my experience you will find them in the most unlikely places.

Westozman

Diamond Member
I'm happy to read that you will stay true to self offit. Being something/someone you're not never works in the long term. Dating in the 40+ world definitely has its challenges but it also has huge opportunities for connection and happiness too. By the time you reach your 40's and 50's there is an equal amount of hurt out there amongst guys and girls who have been in relationships that didn't work. It really doesn't matter which partner is to blame (or both) as the end result is the same. Distrust, betrayal, financial pain, heartache around shared children, questioning self, loss of confidence and mojo.....it's a long list of angst for both genders. Staying true to self, being open to the potential of finding the right partner is worth the effort. As someone once said 'none of us make it out of here alive' so live and take risks with your heart. Be discerning but keep going, there are some lovely women out there looking for a lovely man. I might ad that from my experience you will find them in the most unlikely places.
Sensible words. Bitter people die lonely. Ive seen it many times with men in their 70s and 80s who are over sex but need a friend at home, and at that age its too late. Their depression and in many cases heavy drinking is a tragedy to see. They isolate from family and ultimately lose contact with their mates due to death and disability and wanting to stay home all the time. Dont let that happen guys