Would like your opinion - family related

DDxoxo

Live, Love & Believe
Legend Member
Having aged parents, I was wondering if any of our forum family have elderly parents or very close knit families who demand much of your time ....
(Not that we should not be happy about how much family - blood is blood ultimately)

I am often having to choose between my work & my family which is a hard choice because I love both !!!
Do you have that problem?

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
Yes DD. My long days on appointment times and computer time takes me away from my family. I have yet to address that.

Happy2

Legend Member
DD my parents are in there 90's Dad is fully independent But Mum is now a prisoner of her mind
I know roughly what your feeling

DDxoxo

Live, Love & Believe
Legend Member
Yes DD. My long days on appointment times and computer time takes me away from my family. I have yet to address that.
Yoda
You should consider yourself blessed as I know your parents are a treasure to you for many reasons I won't elaborate on !!
We know :playful:

DDxoxo

Live, Love & Believe
Legend Member
DD my parents are in there 90's Dad is fully independent But Mum is now a prisoner of her mind
I know roughly what your feeling

Happy2
I worry as my Daddy has been diagnosed with on-start Alzheimer's !!! So I empathize with you about your Mom!

Dez

...the floor is lava
Legend Member
My mum is getting to be quite dependent, she young though, 48 this year. But she has a multitude of health problems and issues. My guess is she will have her license taken off her in the next few years, and she might be in a wheel chair. It is hard because we live NOR and she is South. I find I can't be there as much as I want to be to take her to appointments, or even just to get groceries. She gets the bare minimum every fortnight and all I can do to help sometimes if offer her company or send her money. We are looking at different services for cleaning and housekeeping for her and would like to move house as soon as we can, to be close by to help out.

If I get a big enough house, we will probably ask her to move in and just fully support her. It will need to be a very big house though...VERY BIG.