• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Mrs Langtrees

Manager @ Langtrees
Foundation Member
Doing a little research for kalgoorlie the other day and came across these interesting facts about our famous Perth madam Dorrie Flatman.
Thought I would share with you , what a story Dorrie must have to tell.
Re: Dorrie Flatman
She was knighted by the gay community as “the Duchess of Newcastle and Lake on Swan” because of her famous brothels in Newcastle and Lake Streets back in the late 60’s and early 70’s and was affectionately referred to by other madams simply as “the Duchess”.

At the peak of her career in Sydney, she had 10 brothels and was known by the media as “Madam Sin”.

C

cli-max

Did She Have Insight?

I remember a neighbour friend of Mums, named Mrs Goodwin. She always had dirty hair, and 'borrowed' everything from cups of sugar to eggs etc
Mrs Goodwin refered to my mother one day as a WOMAN. I was horrified and said "my Mother is a LADY, not a woman" ( it was always "Maxeen - put your dress down over your knees like a lady" etc )
To me Mrs Goodwin was a woman! From that day on i was called DUTCHESS - or MADAM because of my airs and graces :angel1:

Hmmm, i wonder: Did Mum have insight to what i would 'become' :angel12: