• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

what was your treat

Happy2

Legend Member
I was talking to a friend and what was considered a treat when a kid

For me it was Roast chicken As it only graced the table 3-4times a year Birthdays and the like
Dad would go out with the hatchet and a few days later roast nadine or what ever the girls name was graced the table

Now the chook is as cheap as chips tasteless and a everyday food

My mate said his treat was a wagon wheel as they were about the size of his head Not the size of a biscuit as they are now

Do you have a treat from days gone by ?

T

Tania Admin

I loved cobbers (the harder the better). My brother and I would go out collecting cans and scrap metal then buy ourselves a big bag of lollies. We used to get a full pie bag of lollies for $1. There were no treats given in our house.
Cobbers don't taste the same anymore. I'm not sure if it's because I'm older or they've changed the recipe.

XLNC

Whatever happened to FREE love?
Legend Member
In my day, I used to get a damn good thrashing if I was a good boy. When I surpassed myself, the old rusty steel rule came out of the tool box. And on special occasions, I looked forward to the studded leather belt. Made me the man I am today. :pompous:

Happy2

Legend Member
In my day, I used to get a damn good thrashing if I was a good boy. When I surpassed myself, the old rusty steel rule came out of the tool box. And on special occasions, I looked forward to the studded leather belt. Made me the man I am today. :pompous:
You went to Christian Brothers to Your XLNC?

XLNC

Legend Member
I had a happy childhood, not a blissful one.

Happy2

Legend Member
Geeeezusss annudder good christian brohter taught student like meself

And to think people say school were the best years of your life
They didn't go to the Christian Brothers Tardun Ag school
Oh better not hijack my own thread so
My treat was when a angry father turned up at the school and another "hands on " teacher had a ill family
member and had to leave immediately to care for them

Yeah right

Last edited:
T

Tania Admin

School years sucked. It wasn't school that sucked though, it was home. My treat to myself was leaving at 14 and making my own way :)

XLNC

Legend Member
Well, in terms of edible treats as opposed to the sadomasochistic variety, I used to get quite excited whenever chocolate mousse or mango sorbet was on the cards.

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
School years sucked. It wasn't school that sucked though, it was home. My treat to myself was leaving at 14 and making my own way :)

So you are repaying that by being a really good sucker hey Tania ;) me runs away and hides... sorry twisting words are my forte.... hmmm I better run and hide...

A treat was going to Miss Mauds Birthday club on Pier Street, and eating all the seafood I could manage, plates full of oysters and prawns was awesome....

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
I was talking to a friend and what was considered a treat when a kid

For me it was Roast chicken As it only graced the table 3-4times a year Birthdays and the like
Dad would go out with the hatchet and a few days later roast nadine or what ever the girls name was graced the table

Now the chook is as cheap as chips tasteless and a everyday food

My mate said his treat was a wagon wheel as they were about the size of his head Not the size of a biscuit as they are now

Do you have a treat from days gone by ?

So back in those days, it was Winner Winner Chicken Dinner? Oh poor Nadine, got her feather plugged and shoved into the oven.

Well yeah, it was the same for me, only on special occasions that chicken would grace the dining table. Drumstick was the priced trophy that would normally go to the youngest in the family.

While in school, the boring classes, then there was recess. Nice treats can be had at the canteen.

T

Tania Admin

So back in those days, it was Winner Winner Chicken Dinner? Oh poor Nadine, got her feather plugged and shoved into the oven.

Well yeah, it was the same for me, only on special occasions that chicken would grace the dining table. Drumstick was the priced trophy that would normally go to the youngest in the family.

While in school, the boring classes, then there was recess. Nice treats can be had at the canteen.
Growing up in SA I loved strawberry Snips and the ice cream burgers, they were 2 biscuit wafers with ice cream in between with a marshmallow on top coated in chocolate. yummy and licorice straps,,they tatsed much better than the crappy ones we get today.

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
Oh yeah, mum's deliciously made pancakes were a super treat for me. I missed those.

Bread is my fav, freshly baked, soft and tender. Mmmmm....

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Growing up in SA I loved strawberry Snips and the ice cream burgers, they were 2 biscuit wafers with ice cream in between with a marshmallow on top coated in chocolate. yummy and licorice straps,,they tatsed much better than the crappy ones we get today.

You A souf aussie then, no wonder you are all class :) love ya lots my new BFF.. LOL