• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

What makes a bachelor eligible to ladies?

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
I ask this because The West Australian had a story headlined:

Ben Simmons’ $242 million Philadelphia 76ers deal puts him top of most eligible bachelor list
Okay, I get it - the Australian guy's making a lot of money soon as a basketballer. But I don't understand (except for the shallowest of reasons) that he's NOW eligible. Why wasn't he worth looking at before?

I know the obvious answer but it's disappointing to see the criteria applied.

T

Tania Admin

I ask this because The West Australian had a story headlined:

Ben Simmons’ $242 million Philadelphia 76ers deal puts him top of most eligible bachelor list
Okay, I get it - the Australian guy's making a lot of money soon as a basketballer. But I don't understand (except for the shallowest of reasons) that he's NOW eligible. Why wasn't he worth looking at before?

I know the obvious answer but it's disappointing to see the criteria applied.
It's disgusting that people think he is eligible just because of his money.

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
It's disgusting that people think he is eligible just because of his money.

Why do you think it's disgusting though?

This is a part of Wikipedia's definition of an eligible bachelor.

Eligible bachelor
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search

Jane Austen's novels often contain an eligible bachelor, such as Fitzwilliam Darcy.
An eligible bachelor is a bachelor considered to be a particularly desirable potential husband, usually due to wealth, social status or other specific personal qualities.

In the United Kingdom, the heir to the throne or someone close in succession is often considered to be the nation's, or the world's most eligible bachelor, due to their social status, as has happened with Prince Charles[1] and Prince William.

Jane Austen's novels are often concerned with the heroine's relationship with an eligible bachelor. Jane Austen's Emma particularly concerns a woman's attempt to obtain a husband for her friend by embellishing the truth. The gentleman in that case sees it as an example of the matchmaker's creativity and falls in love with her

T

Tania Admin

Why do you think it's disgusting though?

This is a part of Wikipedia's definition of an eligible bachelor.

Eligible bachelor
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search

Jane Austen's novels often contain an eligible bachelor, such as Fitzwilliam Darcy.
An eligible bachelor is a bachelor considered to be a particularly desirable potential husband, usually due to wealth, social status or other specific personal qualities.

In the United Kingdom, the heir to the throne or someone close in succession is often considered to be the nation's, or the world's most eligible bachelor, due to their social status, as has happened with Prince Charles[1] and Prince William.

Jane Austen's novels are often concerned with the heroine's relationship with an eligible bachelor. Jane Austen's Emma particularly concerns a woman's attempt to obtain a husband for her friend by embellishing the truth. The gentleman in that case sees it as an example of the matchmaker's creativity and falls in love with her
I find it disgusting because I don't believe someone should choose a partner soley based on their financial worth.

sdm85

Silver Member

Even before this deal, women would have been throwing themselves at him, this is just clickbait. He dated Kendall Jenner and that alone would make him more eligible than being rich would.

In the real world women are just as bad as men and there are many who would prefer to date or marry an athlete, celebrity or higher income earner over some bloke who works at maccas and collects stamps for a hobby.

It's just how it is, how it's always been and how it's always going to be :)

Last edited:

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
Even before this deal, women would have been throwing themselves at him, this is just clickbait. He dated Kendall Jenner and that alone would make him more than eligible.

In the real world women are just as bad as men and there are many who would prefer to date or marry an athlete, celebrity or higher income earner over some bloke who works at maccasy and collects stamps for a hobby.

It's just how it is, how it's always been and how it's always going to be.

What!? You mean Mariah Carey was attracted to Jamie Packer for his money???? Noooooooo. I find that hard to believe. :D

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
From my humble understanding of the the opposite sex...

I did that it is not money that women are directly attracted to (well they in every case). It is the quality of the man that enables him to make such achievements that a woman is attracted to.

Money and shiny shit is a bi product.

What do you ladies think?

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
I don't think disgusting is the right word. I do think someone should make sure that their partner is of a similar income bracket to me plain common sense.

I wonder which woman's going to be in the same financial bracket as good old Ben Simmons up there. $242 million's going to be hard to match up with.

sdm85

Silver Member
Once you get to a point, maybe $10-$15million(?), i don't think money is too much of an issue with who has what when you both have loads. Plenty of young women who are social media famous and/or wealthy and that's usually who these sort of guys go with.

It's a different world now that an early 20's girl is essentially a self made billionaire and an 8yo kid is worth $20M from reviewing toys.

Last edited:

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
You mean all those girls aren't attracted to dick pics that you guys send? The answer is money?

The guys are going to be so disappointed!

M

A guy with nice beard and good physique along with a good sense of humor is what makes him eligible for me atleast. And yes he should be good in bed as well.

T

Tania Admin

From my humble understanding of the the opposite sex...

I did that it is not money that women are directly attracted to (well they in every case). It is the quality of the man that enables him to make such achievements that a woman is attracted to.

Money and shiny shit is a bi product.

What do you ladies think?
I actually think you have nailed it. Well for how a lot of women think, not all.

A

Annoyance

I reckon it's all about financial security and creature comforts one is use to having or more. Obvious Question : is if you're use to sleeping with a roof over your head and a car for work to, trade it off and downgrade to struggling to find a stable home for rent and wake up early mornings to catch a train or bus and going home late by train or bus. Which would you really choose?

That's why ppl mingle in their set groups, blue collar, white collar, financial, political and celebrity, to keep that bracket the same. Do you know in Chinese culture in order to date someone your told about the important 5Cs He must have and She must target? Cash, Car, Credit card, Condominium(house), Country Club(status).

This ad is painfully true in the Asian world.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alley W

Diamond Member
An eligible bachelor is a bachelor considered to be a particularly desirable potential husband, usually due to soft spoken, kind heart'ed, a bit caring , social status or other specific personal qualities and understanding