What’s your favourite song about ladies of the night ? Music is my soul so this is my question is asked for me to find more than I know 😘no Roxanne !

Octopussy

Gold Member

An early Genesis song about a young man obsessed with a prostitute who is not interested in him. He has an Oedipal fixation on her, and insists on calling her "Mama." It is based on a book Phil Collins read called The Moon's A Balloon, by David Niven. In the book, a young man falls in love with an older prostitute who does not return his affections.

cool synopsis to go with . 👍👍 he sounds like my 3pm last Wednesday 🤦‍♀️

CraigieBoi

Travelling looking for positive funny people
Diamond Member
Angels' Backstreet pickup crazy fact.
It started as song about guitars!
Song sounds like ZZ Top.
I did not believe it until i heard lead singer Doc say it in an interview. Go to 0:57 in this video

Luv that brunette in the original video. Shes not in above video.

Last edited:

Octopussy

Gold Member
Apparently… is about a brothel in New Orleans. "The House Of The Rising Sun" was named after its occupant Madame Marianne LeSoleil Levant (which means "Rising Sun" in French) and was open for business from 1862 (occupation by Union troops) until 1874, when it was closed due to complaints by neighbors. It was located at 826-830 St. Louis St.

Maryanne .. madame ..this song is for you.

Jack1666

Gold Member
I think Lucille might've been a working girl at one time. Either way, this is the filthiest song I've ever heard: