We chat

Obbie

Legend Member
How do you use wechat . If I go discover people near by most have asian language and I guess not near me anyway . If I search local massage I get Chinese overseas massage . Or wechat addresses doesn't show anything . Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or it doesn't work well on a galaxy phone .

Hotchilliforyou

Gold Member
How do you use wechat . If I go discover people near by most have asian language and I guess not near me anyway . If I search local massage I get Chinese overseas massage . Or wechat addresses doesn't show anything . Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or it doesn't work well on a galaxy phone .
Same here. All in Chinese. Can’t understand any of it. Got replies back when in Bali on WeChat though

Valvoline

Gold Member
have you turned location on like for gps

from their website

Adding friends by People Nearby/Friend Radar/Message in a Bottle
In fact, WeChat has tons of ways to add friends. You can even use it to make new friends in your area through People Nearby, Friend Radar and Message in a Bottle.

1. People Nearby
From the Discover tab, choose People Nearby.
By default, the last few posts from Moments will be displayed to anyone who finds you in People Nearby. This can be turned off in Settings.

Tip:Clear your location to prevent anyone from finding you.
After opening People Nearby, you'll be visible on the list yourself for a limited period of time after (less than 24 hours), during which people can try to add you or send you a greeting. But if you'd like to take yourself off the list before that time, you can clear your location manually.
From the Discover tab, go to People Nearby > "..." in the top right corner > Clear Location.

2. Friend Radar
If you've just made a group of new friends in real life and want to swap contact info, you don't have to worry about individually adding everyone. There's a much faster way. Just have everyone open "Friend Radar". Now the entire group can add each other in one fell swoop.

From the main screen, tap the Contacts button, then the icon in the top right corner, then Friend Radar.

Last edited:

Obbie

Legend Member
have you turned location on like for gps

from their website

Adding friends by People Nearby/Friend Radar/Message in a Bottle
In fact, WeChat has tons of ways to add friends. You can even use it to make new friends in your area through People Nearby, Friend Radar and Message in a Bottle.

1. People Nearby
From the Discover tab, choose People Nearby.
By default, the last few posts from Moments will be displayed to anyone who finds you in People Nearby. This can be turned off in Settings.

Tip:Clear your location to prevent anyone from finding you.
After opening People Nearby, you'll be visible on the list yourself for a limited period of time after (less than 24 hours), during which people can try to add you or send you a greeting. But if you'd like to take yourself off the list before that time, you can clear your location manually.
From the Discover tab, go to People Nearby > "..." in the top right corner > Clear Location.

2. Friend Radar
If you've just made a group of new friends in real life and want to swap contact info, you don't have to worry about individually adding everyone. There's a much faster way. Just have everyone open "Friend Radar". Now the entire group can add each other in one fell swoop.

From the main screen, tap the Contacts button, then the icon in the top right corner, then Friend Radar.
Thanks will give it a try..

Jo India

Apprentice Forum Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
WeChat was built to serve as a social media platform for various countries but as of now it is used by the Chinese as the most popular social media in China, however if you still use a mobile phone with MIUI inbuilt for example Redmi mobiles you can contact the MIUI community to get updates on your device and report issues in your mobile.

1steelrod

Diamond Member
Funny. I have had WeChat for quite awhile. Two years ago I had my location on. Got a message from a from some gay guy wanting to hook up . He was Asian. Wanted a white guy as a husband.
Nope . Now my location is turned off.
But I have scored a few girls around Perth over the years for free. But not consistent.
Thankfully my "new" girlfriend is very happy with me so I am happy where I am.