Tiger Bites

F

Farm Boy

A Dreamworld employee has been taken to hospital after being bitten on the leg by a tiger.

Dan Jans, a senior tiger handler at the Gold Coast theme park, this morning suffered five deep puncture wounds to his lower thigh and upper calf and was taken to Allamanda Private Hospital in Southport in a stable condition.

A Dreamworld spokeswoman said the man was bitten at about 8.30am occured before the theme park opened to the public. He said it was not a major bite and “more of a nip” to Mr Jans’ leg from an impatient adult Bengal tiger.

“The tiger was being taken through to the Tiger Island this morning and I think it’s been a bit of a ‘hurry up, this is taking too long’ kind of nip,” she said.

“Our protocol is as soon as the skin is broken by an exotic animal there’s a risk of infection ... we need to get the wound cleaned out very quick.”

She said Mr Jans would likely leave the hospital later today and would have the next few days off work.

She said the tiger would not have known how powerful its bite was.

“I’m certain if the tiger had wanted to, he could have really bitten Dan. It’s not a big deal at all,” she said.

T

thisisme

Strong post to username/avatar, Tigerdicky.

Would probably freak out if a tiger started coming at me

F

Farm Boy

A member of the public reported seeing a tiger lying in a field near Hedge End on Saturday afternoon and a team of officers were sent to investigate.
Tigers are not often spotted in Hampshire Tigers are not often spotted in Hampshire

They also concluded it was a tiger, prompting the clearance of a nearby golf course and a halt being called to play in the cricket game between South Wiltshire and Hampshire Academy at the Rose Bowl.

Police reinforcements were sent to the area and they consulted experts at Marwell Zoo about how best to capture the creature.

Officers with thermal imaging cameras then noticed something strange - the tiger appeared to have no body heat.

They eventually twigged that the cause of the disruption was actually a cuddly toy when it rolled over in the down draft from the helicopter.

A Hampshire Police spokesman defended the force's response and said it had acted to ensure public safety.

He explained: 'A member of the public reported seeing a tiger lying in a field in Hedge End. They had seen it through the zoom lens of a camera.

'We sent some local officers to the field and they confirmed they were looking at it and it was looking at them. Everyone who had seen it, including the land owner, thought it was a real tiger.'

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Anybody ever been to the Tiger Temple in Bangkok???
I went a few years ago and a cute little cub decided it liked the taste of my hand...
Not a big bite but enough to push me away and it was my fault for trying to take it away from it`s mum while it was trying to feed from it`s mum... They have such strong jaws.

Attachments

• SSA40824.jpg
    SSA40824.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 3

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Think they mean the golfer... not our very own Tigerdicky :tongue8:

Attachments

• Headlines.jpg
    Headlines.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 2

Happy2

Legend Member
Lets hope so BB Tigers are terribly endangered last thing we need is tigerdicky
with a limpdicky

F

Farm Boy

Lets hope so BB Tigers are terribly endangered last thing we need is tigerdicky
with a limpdicky

No I think you will find habitat and fertile females are the key to the Tigers future H2.

W

WRXXR

Anybody ever been to the Tiger Temple in Bangkok???
I went a few years ago and a cute little cub decided it liked the taste of my hand...
Not a big bite but enough to push me away and it was my fault for trying to take it away from it`s mum while it was trying to feed from it`s mum... They have such strong jaws.

I have been, even an adult white tiger, but the way they treat them is cruel so I won't have photos with animals. No different to other parts of Asia. Turtle island in Bali is bad for it.

I dare say old mate tiger was just mucking around with his keeper. Lots of animals play bite. If it wanted to kill him, it would. I know I wrestle with my 45kg German shepherd and he's been known to mistakenly(?) sink his teeth into my arm.

Happy2

Legend Member
WRXXR You are dead right about the treatment of those animals There is a totally different way of thinking when it comes to the"Rights" of animals in non western cultures I know its a generalisation but...

W

WRXXR

WRXXR You are dead right about the treatment of those animals There is a totally different way of thinking when it comes to the"Rights" of animals in non western cultures I know its a generalisation but...

Your absolutely right. I've travelled throughout south east Asia and if there's one thing I've learnt is that when it comes to the tourist dollar they can be incredibly greedy and will stop at nothing to get it.

I'll see if I can hunt down my adult white tiger and orangutang photos. Two very drugged out animals. But at least some people in places like Borneo (off to see the orang's in 6 weeks actually) are actually going away from that and putting a heavy focus on conservation

F

Farm Boy

Tiger back on show after 'friendly n

By Emma Pollard and Imogen Brennan

Posted Mon May 23, 2011 7:38am AEST

* Video: Tiger bites handler at theme park (7pm TV News QLD)
* Map: Coomera 4209

A bengal tiger is expected to be back on public display today after biting one of its handlers at a theme park on Queensland's Gold Coast.

Dreamworld worker Dan Janns, 30, received puncture wounds to his leg yesterday when a male tiger bit him.

He was taken to hospital in a stable condition but is expected to return to work later this week.

Dreamworld management says the incident will be reviewed.

An internal review will be conducted but Dreamworld spokesman Al Mucci says it is all part of the job.

"The tigers ... their natural instinct is to bite, scratch and to check other tigers and with handlers present they sometimes get in the way," he said.

"These things do occur from time to time and it's just part of the job."

Mr Mucci says Mr Janns should be back at work within a few days.

"A 200 kilo bengal - even a friendly nip is a decent nip, but it's all fine," he said.

"We'll do an internal review of the incident but every now and again tigers do nip and we've sent the handler to the hospital to make sure that everything's OK."

T

Trevsa10

Tigers are an apex preditor , the bigest of the cats , and do eat humans as a part of there diet if you doubt me check into the going on in the Gangies delta or hunt around for some of Jim Corbets Books . They are NOT a cute little pussy cat .And yes ir that cat was far dinkem his handler would have been tiger poo

F

Farm Boy

Tiger execs confirm safety case
Andrew Heasley
May 28, 2011

Ads by Google
Tiger Flight Specials

tigerairways.com/Book-It-Now

Every Hour Is Happy Hour At Tiger. Grab A Great Online Fare Here Now!

AUSTRALIA'S civil aviation safety regulator issued Tiger Airways Australia with a ''show cause'' notice over concerns for the supervision and processes in the maintenance of its planes, the airline's executives confirmed to a parliamentary inquiry yesterday.

It's the first time the airline's executives have spoken publicly about the compliance notice, which compels the airline to explain to the Civil Aviation Safety Authority why it should not have its licence to fly revoked.

''While the notice requested a response to a number of management oversight and administrative issues, it did not raise any issues that represented a serious or imminent risk to safety or any issues that related to the physical maintenance of our aircraft,'' Tiger Airways Australia's chief executive, Crawford Rix, told the Senate's inquiry on airline safety.

T

TB

I went to Sarawak about 3 years ago and saw the orang utans in a conservation area, it was pretty special to see some in the wild. What amazed me was the cost of entry....3 ringet just over a dollar. There were people there who had flown all over the world just for that one experience. They would have spent thousands of dollars to get there (plus the 1 dollar admittence fee)I wonder how long that little bit of forest will last, I suspect It would last longer if they charged more!
I also got to pat a tiger cub at the safari park in Bali ,I think that cost about $50. I was told there were 4 cubs and they get rotated every 15mins so they don't get stressed out.They also had the photo opportunity with the orang utans they did not look happy and that stressed me out.
Irony...bet the theme park lasts longer then the forest. How sad .

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Sometimes it`s like we are in completly different worlds...
Was with a friends child once when a dog approached her looking for a pat and she was so scared but then she thinks nothing should she see a monkey or elephant roaming around the backyard.

Happy2

Legend Member
Does anybody know the name of the foundation in Vic/NSW that buys
land in the areas like Indonesia and donates it to the conservation
societies to try and give the animals some land that is free of the threat of
logging etc

Happy2

Legend Member
I know where your coming fom bb My better half was a screaming mess when she shifted
onto the property during a mouse plague in the 80's
Now if a lizard /cow /sheep walks in the house She picks them by the scruff and scoots them outside No worries The roach is a different story

F

Farm Boy

ANKARA, Turkey – A Turkish zoo says a tiger severed a lion's jugular vein when it stuck its paw through a narrow gap in a door dividing their cages.

The zoo in the Turkish capital of Ankara issued a statement Monday to deny media reports that the tiger bent iron bars to attack the lion and tear it into pieces in the attack on Sept. 4.

It said the tiger had squeezed it's front leg through the door, and in a single stroke left the lion dying in a pool of blood.

It was not clear why the death of one of the three lions in the zoo was publicized so late.

Six tigers remain in an enclosure at the zoo, which insists that it is safe for visitors.

Happy2

Legend Member
Tigerdicky Most of us on this site love pussy but I think you are interested in a different type of pussy.

F

Farm Boy

Tigerdicky Most of us on this site love pussy but I think you are interested in a different type of pussy.

Well the rest of the field have covered just about everything one could possibly do to a pussy this THREAD is about tigers

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Farm Boy

Link is broken, so taken down.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Farm Boy

Biggest change yet to come as tiger economies roar back
PETER HARTCHER
03 Jun, 2011 10:34 PM

THE world economy is returning to normal, dominated by Asia, after an aberration of a few hundred years. But for Australians, it will not feel anything like normal.

For the past 2000 years, it was normal and natural that Asia made up most of the world economy. When Christ was born, three-quarters of the globe's economic activity took place in Asia.

It's hard to imagine today, but India was the richest country, alone making up a third of the world economy, bigger even than the US in this century. Second was China, making up another quarter. Western Europe made up just one-tenth, according to research by the late economic historian Angus Maddison.

A thousand years later, nothing much had changed because Asia was home to most of the world's people.

This relationship between the size of a population and the size of an economy broke down only with the acceleration of the Industrial Revolution. Asia's share of the world economy fell below 50 per cent only in the 1840s.

And it just happens that most of Australia's modern history has occurred during this brief aberration. The technology gap has closed. Today we are living through the return to the normal and natural state of world affairs.

As China and India make their comeback, they are building with such intensity they are like giant economic whirlpools sucking vast quantities of commodities into an insatiable vortex.

The Australian Treasury has pointed out that, in the next phase, they will start to demand tremendous quantities of services, too, and high-end manufactured goods. These trends bode well for Australian miners and farmers and for Australian service industries.

But the rising Asians are the masters of low- and mid-priced manufactures, so the outlook for Australian firms there is bleak.

The question for a government is whether to try to stand against history or accommodate it. This raises a key point: how long will the Asian-driven boom run? If it's a few years, a government can hold the status quo.

Happy2

Legend Member
The boom of the tiger economies will last as long as they can pay their people a pittance.
Add in a few human rights in many of the afore said economies and they may well be screwed

F

Farm Boy

NEW YORK: Tiger Woods, who has fallen to 13th in the world golf rankings without a title since November of 2009, remains atop the list of the world's highest-paid athletes according to Forbes magazine.

Happy2

Legend Member
But being a golfer is Tiger Woods actually a athlete. I think mr Woods
may have expended more energy and shown more athletic prowess in the boudoirs of non-wifey type people.
Next you will be telling me lawn bowlers are athletes TD

F

Farm Boy

But being a golfer is Tiger Woods actually a athlete. I think mr Woods
may have expended more energy and shown more athletic prowess in the boudoirs of non-wifey type people.
Next you will be telling me lawn bowlers are athletes TD

I think he a bit fitter than me.