The Green machine...

T

that guy28

If i may, i was there that night.
It really looked like danny had it in the bag but it wasn't a matter of being tired out, it was a matter of he got his head very severely battered. You could feel some of the hits from the stands, apparently theres a bit of a jaw injury.

He was trying real hard to stay in there by clinching but he was just done. dodging wasnt really an option as it wouldve just given the other guy enough space to launch those warheads he calls fists. He fought this fight to have one more go and to go out with a fairytale ending but alas that was not meant to be the end of his ballad. I don't think thats the end of his story but, sure within the ring but we've all seen enough Rocky movies to know theres plenty of stuff to be done.

As far as income goes he can easily ride of endorsements till hes old and im sure he'll get into training and such things.

Also manuel, i dont think he writes the posters personally.

Maybe he should have stayed retired but think about what you would do in his shoes, could you live the rest of your life with that what if? at least now he has closure.

Poor guy, it really was a bit sad.

I was talking to an irish friend whos quite a boxing fan and he had no clue who danny was until he got to australia. If you look at all the fights of his career, a majority of them are australians.
He's our golden boy tho and he'll always have my support.

T

that guy28

And also i agree that his management has a tendency to set him up against easy opponents.

Manuel

Gold Member
Joel, you may want to check out this link

Limited Edition LEGEND KILLER Memorabilia - Green Machine Boxing :nono:

As you have mentioned that you have been to fight as well, I am sure you witnessed the scene, when Włodarczyk went out of the ring, walking up the stairs to personal thank the polish fans who supported him. I found that amazing and was stunned when the polish fans all the sudden cheered for Danny Green. That's what I call great sport and respect.

No doubt I have big respect for a 38 year old who tries to compete against a much younger opponent. This is unfortunately an almost impossible task ( thanks to mother nature). But as highlighted in my previous posting, he has not damaged his reputation by being knocked out, it's more his comments in the public and the number of rubbish bouts he had in the past.
Pushing the Briggs fight through despite the commission not licensing Briggs, then calling him a dog, and then trying to convince the public that a mighty jab felled Briggs. I'm sorry but that crosses my line when considering to support a local guy.
Or how can you forget his rampage last year at the hospital... see the link below.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/police-called-to-danny-green-outburst-in-hospital-over-morphine/story-e6frf7l6-1225984390263

I agree with ' Happy2' comment, the last great Aussie Boxer ( even if he was a Russian import) was Kosta Tszyu. No trash talk and he had always respect for his opponents.

If i may, i was there that night.
It really looked like danny had it in the bag but it wasn't a matter of being tired out, it was a matter of he got his head very severely battered. You could feel some of the hits from the stands, apparently theres a bit of a jaw injury.

He was trying real hard to stay in there by clinching but he was just done. dodging wasnt really an option as it wouldve just given the other guy enough space to launch those warheads he calls fists. He fought this fight to have one more go and to go out with a fairytale ending but alas that was not meant to be the end of his ballad. I don't think thats the end of his story but, sure within the ring but we've all seen enough Rocky movies to know theres plenty of stuff to be done.

As far as income goes he can easily ride of endorsements till hes old and im sure he'll get into training and such things.

Also manuel, i dont think he writes the posters personally.

Maybe he should have stayed retired but think about what you would do in his shoes, could you live the rest of your life with that what if? at least now he has closure.

Poor guy, it really was a bit sad.

I was talking to an irish friend whos quite a boxing fan and he had no clue who danny was until he got to australia. If you look at all the fights of his career, a majority of them are australians.
He's our golden boy tho and he'll always have my support.

Last edited:
T

that guy28

I do much worse than swear if i couldn't get meds, you should see me get cut off at a bar. I find it really hard to belive tho that green would openly refer to himself as "legend killer", he doesn't frame the stuff himself either, or sew his gloves.
But yeah legend killer is way too far. and fair cop, Kostas a badass.

M

Mary Anne PA

Danny has done a great deal for boxing in WA. To many he is a favourite son.I do not think Danny will retire a pauper.He is after all a family man..making a living the best way he knows how.
Danny fought the way he knew how..it almost worked..imagine if he had of won..?? He was very close to winning except he was puffed...and got a goody in the dish.
I am sure he will get into some sort of coaching role or similiar when he works out which path he's going to take..Good luck Danny!!!

Last edited by a moderator: