Sir Cruiser's new stable

Nomansland

Gold Member
I think that's when it was normansland...

They were descendants of Vikings - Northmen ie Normans. My lot ruled England for a while before them - King Canute. By the time William arrived England was really a Saxon-Dane Kingdom.

Sir Cruiser

Legend Member
They were descendants of Vikings - Northmen ie Normans. My lot ruled England for a while before them - King Canute. By the time William arrived England was really a Saxon-Dane Kingdom.
Yes but the French took over from Normandy lol, bunch of smartarsess. King canute ha

Nomansland

Gold Member
Yes but the French took over from Normandy lol, bunch of smartarsess. King canute ha

Which gave the Poms an excuse to invade France - Potiers, Crecy and Agincourt settled the hash of many a French Knight.

Perhaps a few long-bowmen might add security to Sir Cruiser's stable.

Amanda Secrets

Diamond Member
In 1801 GB surrendered claims to Normandy, however the title of Duke of Normandy still belongs to the British lol!! And as so aptly stated earlier - the Romans originally had in 3rd century then Saxon pirates took it on late 3rd century - so sounds like it belongs to HPs clan lol!!

Happy2

Legend Member
Whatever happened to these scary French who could fight and invade other nations They seem so different to the people described by Willie the school groundsman as "Cheese eating Surrender monkeys "

Sir Cruiser

Legend Member
Whatever happened to these scary French who could fight and invade other nations They seem so different to the people described by Willie the school groundsman as "Cheese eating Surrender monkeys "
I have to agree but then my family have not been frenched for generations lol