Should prisoners be allowed conjugal visits?

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
i agree with HP . the crims go into this way of life knowing what the consequences are , so why should us the victims agree to change the law to make it easier and happier for them . have they done the same for us .

i am not a religious person but i do agree with : do unto others as i would like them to do unto me " fuck em all i say and take out the TV's and all the other techno stuff that they enjoy

MrBig

Diamond Member
Get them working 16 hours a day, breaking rocks if need be, to pay back the community the cost of their upkeep. Feed them all the same basic meals or leftovers (regardless of religious belief). Don't pander to needs of any group or individuals. If they've committed serious criminal offences then all their rights as human beings should be suspended.
We need to make it unattractive else too many regard life inside better than life outside and continue to re-offend.

XLNC

Whatever happened to FREE love?
Legend Member
Oooooh, so that's what it means.

I thought it was about grammar nazis coming to help inmates conjugate verbs correctly.

BizarroConjugal.jpg

Kylie Middleton

Gold Member
I actually disagree. Especially in the case of minor and non-violent offences like the one in the article, I think the point of prison should be rehabilitation more than simply punishment. The best way to do this is to strengthen positive relationships between prisoners and their loved ones so that when they come out they have the support to make better choices going forward. If prisoners lose their spouses they are more likely to feel they have less to lose in going back to prison and will therefore be more likely to commit further crimes .

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
Lol...
This is a nice can of worms...

Well.... depends on what they did.....

MrBig

Diamond Member
If it's minor crime, hence a relatively short sentence, then surely they can wait.
In the mean time it is best to ensure that the conditions in prison is such that the offender would not want to return.

Unfortunately, for many, a term in some of our prisons is a walk in the park and not a deterrent and many re-offend for the privilege of being incarcerated again.

Also, if you allow for some and not others there would be a large grey area that would probably/should be prohibitively expensive to administer.

Last edited:

Happy2

Legend Member
Well I have no significant other Actually not even a insignificant other
So if prison gets me conjugal rights
Bring it on

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
Well I have no significant other Actually not even a insignificant other
So if prison gets me conjugal rights
Bring it on
Im sure plenty of the BOYS inside have a liking for a man of the land....njoy if it ever happens

Dallas

Legend Member
I think that non-violent criminals and their partners shouldn't both be tortured, because I live in that kind of prison every day with no guarantee of parole and my only crime is being an involuntary single male. If a guy is lucky enough to have a partner who will be intimate with him for free, I think it would be a horrible thing to deny him and his partner of this, and if he lost his relationship, it would only increase his chance of re offending.

Also, does anyone see the irony here? Anyone who's capable of getting free sex while there in jail with someone who's not their cell mate should be given an award and have rap songs written about them :eek:

Last edited:

Dallas

Legend Member
i also went to s Christian brothers school in Albury and just recently Brother Neil was jailed for sex offences. I was never sexually abused by him or others, but physically yes. Most were abusive and chose their victims carefully.

MrBig

Diamond Member
There was a brother Cant at my school that I remember patting my bum a little too often. I didn't think too much about it at the time.
It was later that I realised how inappropriate that was.
Yes. I was also schooled by Christian brothers.

Dallas

Legend Member
Well I was constantly in trouble with telling people what was on my mind, so I suspect I wasn't considered "safe" to be interfered with, although I got more than my share of physical abuse, but when I told adults what had happened to me and what I suspected was going on with the others and of course nobody believed me. It was, oh you are a naughty child to say such things.....these are good christian men, how dare you.... grrrr stupid adults and as I told my mother, I'm supposed to be your son and you put your stupid religion ahead of me, well there goes our relationship in future. When Brother Neil, ... yes mothers' good christian man, made front page of the local paper a few months ago, I felt some relief showing it too her. But even then there was no acknowledgement or any emotion.

Evil-155397675287.jpeg

Happy2

Legend Member
There was a brother Cant at my school that I remember patting my bum a little too often. I didn't think too much about it at the time.
It was later that I realised how inappropriate that was.
Yes. I was also schooled by Christian brothers.
Were you tapped on the bum every time you got the gramma and spelllin right Mr Little?It may explain a few things :D