shhh can you keep a secret???

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
It must qualify for the worlds best kept secret. :eek:ccasion14

In reference to the passing of Bin Laden today, it seems that they have been in the know for sometime about where Osama has been but somehow managed to keep it quiet. It must have been so hard for them to keep thier lips sealed.

B

BigBlackCock

Were they really in the know however or just a chance occurence? Or is it just American propoganda doctored after the fact?

F

Farm Boy

It must qualify for the worlds best kept secret. :eek:ccasion14

In reference to the passing of Bin Laden today, it seems that they have been in the know for sometime about where Osama has been but somehow managed to keep it quiet. It must have been so hard for them to keep thier lips sealed.

Bill I was carting water today came in a 2PM late lunch Julia is on tv, as i have lunch I slowly realize she is on about Bin Laden and he is dead.
Anyway tonight flicked around the Chanel 's hand wringing on our ABC right through to unconcealed glee on fox,.
But on 5 TV Chanel s I never herd what happend to Bin Larden as PASSING FOR GOODNES SAKE BILL PASSING?

Happy2

Legend Member
I must say I dont think I wll be shedding tears of blood over the "Passing " of Bin Laden
Even if he wasn't the architect of the twin towers and other atrocities he was more than happy to take the credit.So to me And of course its only my opinion but that makes him just as culpable.

B

BigBlackCock

I still find it curious that the FBI's website of most wanted people NEVER stated that Osama was responsible for Sept 11. And that's been one of the cornerstones of conspiracy theorists.

If the US does carry out their reward money promise, there's going to be quite a few happy Navy Seals.

Which then makes me wonder what seals were doing on land anyway? Pakistan? Maybe it was a seabased operation on to land.

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
I still find it curious that the FBI's website of most wanted people NEVER stated that Osama was responsible for Sept 11. And that's been one of the cornerstones of conspiracy theorists.QUOTE]

Given all the crazy laws that there are in the U.S maybe they were worried about being sued for defamation of character...

Happy2

Legend Member
Given all the crazy laws that there are in the U.S maybe they were worried about being sued for defamation of character...[/QUOTE]

billybones your hypothesis regarding defamation of character would be funny If there wasn't a possiblity you maybe right

whilom

Whilom
Gold Member
Now after reading the reports in The West Australian, so we all know the must be the facts and nothing but the facts it appears that they were never sure that Bin Laden wos actually there.
Probably kept their gob shut incase it wos another monumental stuff up.

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
I think I might be the first to put my hand up...

Who, had the news been announced on April 1st would have believed it was just another April Fools Day joke???

I read the paper as well and the way they described his hide out as being so different to the surrounding homes, it surely must have been seen as a place of interest long before.

Anybody know if they are going to do a sketch of how Bin Laden looked?? Maybe a before skecth that shows with head and then the after shot without??

Another thing... Why is it they say it takes weeks to get DNA results but the tests on Bin Laden came back so fast?

Isn`t that favouritism???

F

Farm Boy

I think I might be the first to put my hand up...

Who, had the news been announced on April 1st would have believed it was just another April Fools Day joke???

I read the paper as well and the way they described his hide out as being so different to the surrounding homes, it surely must have been seen as a place of interest long before.

Anybody know if they are going to do a sketch of how Bin Laden looked?? Maybe a before skecth that shows with head and then the after shot without??

Another thing... Why is it they say it takes weeks to get DNA results but the tests on Bin Laden came back so fast?

Isn`t that favouritism???

The CIA are much better resourced than the local constabulary Bill .

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
The CIA are much better resourced than the local constabulary Bill .

Agree with you but reading about the fact that the fortress was 8 times bigger then the neighbours, clearly designed to keep somebody of importance hidden, looked similar to the hideout they thought Bin Laden would have and also one of the masterminds from the Bali Bombings was found nearby, it makes you wonder...
1. At what point did they feel Bin Laden was there.
2. How hard it must have been just to sit there and wait for the right moment.
3. How Bin Ladens informants had no idea what was happening.
4. How is it that more were not killed during the raid, if I was Osama, I think I would have given myself a bit more security that what it seems he had.
(At the very least I would have tried to build myself an underground bunker similar to Saddam)

Happy2

Legend Member
How about we put some heat on the Pakistanis instead It was a army town for gods sake Surely they knew what was going on Especially when their Govt claims to be an ally

B

BigBlackCock

Remember when the fatwa was declared against Salman Rushdie and he had the equivalent UK Secret Service similar to Prince Charles.

From vague memory he moved house 120 times in 2 years.

In the same vein, can you imagine how much nervous energy Osama bin Laden - even though he was a cold blooded terrorist must have expended in the last 10 or 15 years?

svengali

Foundation Member
Well, I, for one, would not want to trade places with Gen. Musharraf, the Pakistani President.

He heads a Government with an intel service which has been very publicly demonstrated to be either unbelievably incompetent or totally corrupt, probaly a bit of both. It must now be asked, how wholehearted is Pakistan's support of the U.S. effort in Afghanistan? Given that most of the insurgents' supplies come from Pakistan it would appear that as an ally they are about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

If he clamps down too hard on the extremists he will probably end up on the wrong end of an assassination so he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Happy2

Legend Member
Svengali You got everything right bar the name of the Pakastani president Musharaf has been gone a long time now It is Zardari He has been the civilian president since 2008
He is the widower of Benazir Bhutto