Searching for Open Minded Influencers

BedBuddies

Silver Member
Hi
I've been running my online adult products store Bed Buddies for almost 6 years now, and we've hit a bit of a plateau.
To get some more growth happening Im considering a few different ideas. One is to look for influencers who are prepared to promote our products, in exchange for a commission on sales that are attributed to their promotion, that way we both win.
Does anyone know of any influencers that would consider something like this? They don't have to have a huge following, and to be honest Im thinking that someone with a smaller following is more likely to be open-minded to something like this.

Mark_50

Gold Member
Plateau or All Time Low to even consider putting this out there 🤦‍♂️

Personally I have always tried to work out who is the worst?

1. Is it the so called "influencer" that basicaly says whatever lies for money. Some even so low that they will demand free stuff from businesses with the threat of posting bad reviews?

2. Maybe it is the businesses that use, premote and reward these idiots just for a couple of extra sales?

3. Last but not least 🤔, Is it the general public that are stupid enough to follow these idiots?
Even worse that they then feel that they absolutely need goods/services just because the idiot they follow on social media is payed to say its Good

But unfortunately it would seem that 1, 2 and 3 all go hand in hand - Just take away any one of the options amd the other 2 also dissappear!

Katrina Kiss

VIP COMPANION / LANGTREES PERTH
Legend Member

1. Is it the so called "influencer" that basicaly says whatever lies for money. Some even so low that they will demand free stuff from businesses with the threat of posting bad reviews?

2. Maybe it is the businesses that use, premote and reward these idiots just for a couple of extra sales?

3. Last but not least 🤔, Is it the general public that are stupid enough to follow these idiots?
Even worse that they then feel that they absolutely need goods/services just because the idiot they follow on social media is payed to say its Good

But unfortunately it would seem that 1, 2 and 3 all go hand in hand - Just take away any one of the options amd the other

BedBuddies

Silver Member
Not at all anything other than a plateau, and as a small business I need to be continually looking at new ideas and trends to spur on the business. Although you may not feel the need to be "influenced", there is a generation of young people out there just waiting to be exposed to this kind of marketing/entertainment. Not withstanding this, you really have no idea on the strategy Im wanting to take here, which is NOT the conventional "lie about a product" method you are suggesting. Im wanting to create a whole character style influencer around a "Nurse Naughty" persona and have an objective review of products. Not all products will be given a glowing review, they will be objective and honest, so that credibility will be created.
Thanks anyway for your pointless response, as it does not in any way help me achieve the purpose of my post.

BedBuddies

Silver Member

But unfortunately it would seem that 1, 2 and 3 all go hand in hand - Just take away any one of the options amd the other 2 also dissappear!
Not at all anything other than a plateau, and as a small business I need to be continually looking at new ideas and trends to spur on the business. Although you may not feel the need to be "influenced", there is a generation of young people out there just waiting to be exposed to this kind of marketing/entertainment. Not withstanding this, you really have no idea on the strategy Im wanting to take here, which is NOT the conventional "lie about a product" method you are suggesting. Im wanting to create a whole character style influencer around a "Nurse Naughty" persona and have an objective review of products. Not all products will be given a glowing review, they will be objective and honest, so that credibility will be created.
Thanks anyway for your pointless response, as it does not in any way help me achieve the purpose of my post.

Alana K

@Langtrees
Silver Member
Hi
I've been running my online adult products store Bed Buddies for almost 6 years now, and we've hit a bit of a plateau.
To get some more growth happening Im considering a few different ideas. One is to look for influencers who are prepared to promote our products, in exchange for a commission on sales that are attributed to their promotion, that way we both win.
Does anyone know of any influencers that would consider something like this? They don't have to have a huge following, and to be honest Im thinking that someone with a smaller following is more likely to be open-minded to something like this.
Hi id love to be involved if your still looking?

Down boy

Gold Member

Mate nothing has changed except for the word “influencer” replacing “sports star”or celebrity”.
Hoges was selling us smokes 40 yrs ago.
Elle McPherson was selling us diet cola 30 yrs ago.
Warny was selling us pretend hair replacement 10 years ago.
Lilly Allen (singer) has her own vibrator brand for sale.
TV, radio, newspaper, social media- no difference, unless you’ve not taken advantage of any technology to improve your life then yours ls is a null argument.