• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Scarlet Love Hey guys how many of you use spray can deodorant?

Scarlett Love

Comfort Massage OP
Legend Member
How many of you use Lynx and other cheaper spray cans instead of a good cologne? And ladies what do you think when you get up close with a guy that sprays himself with something really cheap? Does it matter to you?

Bobofunk

Gold Member
I use deodorant for everyday use. But when I'm stepping out, I like to use something a little nicer. Because when you look like me, you need every advantage you can get! Bah ha ha!!

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
My deodorant days were behind me, since I could afford the coins for Eau De Toilette. So ladies, don't sneeze when I enter the room.

When I don't have any deodorant I like to just rub strippers all over my body. Then I smell all pretty. And I look all sparkly too.

So has anyone told you, you smell like strippers?

Bobofunk

Gold Member
I don't think they have to homer. You can tell just by looking at me that I know I smell like strippers. I've got that smug self satisfied look that you only get after having strippers rub up against you.

Bobofunk

Gold Member
Some of the cheaper scents can smell quite nice. Personally I am usually just happy with a Man who has put in the effort to clean himself up and smell nice :) not too fussy on particular scents.
You might like me then little miss. I might look a bit like a homeless bum, but at least I smell pretty and my beard is nice and soft.

Happy2

Legend Member
I use scent free roll on deodorant and Hugo Boss EDT
Hate it when people have strong smelling underarm deodorant and it mixes with his cologne or her perfume

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
Homer goes commando underarm, no fragrance, yes fragrance free...so watch out. El naturale!

DDxoxo

Live, Love & Believe
Legend Member
Healthy Homemade Deodorant
Recipe 1- What You Need:

What to do:

How-to-make-nautral-deoderant-300x225.jpg

1. Melt shea butter and coconut oil in a double boiler over medium heat until barely melted. UPDATE: Combine in a quart size glass mason jar with a lid instead and place this in a small saucepan of water until melted. This will save your bowl and you can just designate this jar for these type of projects and not even need to wash it out…
  2. Remove from heat and add baking soda and arrowroot (If you don’t have arrowroot, use more baking soda)
  3. Mix well
  4. Add essential oils and pour into a glass container for storage. It does not need to be stored in the fridge.
  5. If you prefer, you can let it cool completely and put into an old deodorant stick for easier use, though it may melt in the summer!

DDxoxo

Live, Love & Believe
Legend Member
If you don’t have all those ingredients around,
or don’t want to wash a double boiler,
this recipe is faster and easier:
Natural-Homemade-Deodorant-Recipe-Ingredients.jpg

Recipe 2- What you Need

What to Do:

1. Mix baking soda and arrowroot together in a medium sized bowl.
  2. Mash in coconut oil with a fork until well mixed.
  3. Add oils if desired.
  4. Store in small glass jar or old deodorant container for easy use.

Reactions: Dez

DDxoxo

Live, Love & Believe
Legend Member
I read this lady's blog a lot on line - Katie - Wellness MAMA

Why Use Natural Deodorant?
I started this pursuit to avoid the alzheimers and breast cancer, but I’m a lifelong convert because it works!
No, really! I was the girl who rejoiced when Secret Clinical Strength came out before prom one year.
I’ve had to use regular deo a few times since I started the natural, and it doesn’t work as well. Although not an antiperspirant, it does seem to absorb a lot of wetness.

After a few weeks of using natural, I noticed an unexpected side effect… I wasn’t sweating as much to begin with. Months later, and I notice this even more!

I urge you to try making your own deodorant. Even if you aren’t daunted by the ingredients in your own deo, wouldn’t you feel better knowing you weren’t putting anything on your skin that you couldn’t eat (not that you would want to eat shea butter!)

About Katie - Wellness Mama
I'm a mom on a mission... to help YOU provide nutritious food and a healthy lifestyle for your family, even on a budget (and you can do it without any more time or stress).

Reactions: Dez

DDxoxo

Live, Love & Believe
Legend Member
After a few weeks of using natural, I noticed an unexpected side effect… I wasn’t sweating as much to begin with. Months later, and I notice this even more!

This is exactly what Maryanne is talking about!

Sapphire

Gold Member
Body odour smells better than Lynx...actually, anything smells better than Lynx. I prefer a 'fresh out of the shower' smell:p

E

EmilyDarke

As long as they don't smell of BO, or an overpowering scent. Most colognes actually make me feel nauseous and get a migraine

happytimes

what you see is wat you get and alot more
Diamond Member
How many of you use Lynx and other cheaper spray cans instead of a good cologne? And ladies what do you think when you get up close with a guy that sprays himself with something really cheap? Does it matter to you?
yeah i use one, but not cheap shit. If you can smell your own body odor then i think that is gross, colonge may smell good after a shave or if you use it everyday but doesn't get rid of body odor, i don't know what other guys think but thats my opinion..

Dez

...the floor is lava
Legend Member
Thanks for sharing that blog DD!!! I hadn't see it before and I really like her recipe based blogs and information :)

Happy2

Legend Member
You could afford Brut? Were you from a well off family Spikey
I got the dregs of big brothers old spice

L

Lord Spikey

To be honest, I don't wear perfume. Yes I use a little antiperspirant/Deodorant, but that is about all.

Oh and I have a bath once a week, whether I need it, or not