• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Pelvic Muscle Exercises For Men

M

Mary Anne PA

PELVIC MUSCLE EXERCISES FOR MEN (By Dr. Stephen Adams of Perth)

Introduction:

Exercise of the pelvic floor muscles - namely the pubococcygeus muscles that support the penis, bladder and rectum - has many health benefits, including. It improves erectile dysfunction, can help both premature and retarded ejaculation, can improve the sensations of sex. Urinary control is improved and incontinence can be relieved. They are strongly recommended following prostatectomy.

How to contract the pelvic floor muscles:

The first thing to do is to correctly identify the muscles that need to be exercised.

1. Sit, or lie comfortably with muscles of your thighs, buttocks and abdomen relaxed.

2. Tighten the ring of muscle around the back passage as if you are trying to control diarrhoea or wind. Relax it. Practice this movement several times until you are sure you are exercising the correct muscle. Try not to squeeze your buttocks.

3. When you are passing urine, try to stop the flow mid-stream, then restart it. Only do this to learn which muscles are the correct ones to use and then do it no more than once a week to check your progress, as this may interfere with normal bladder emptying.

If you are unable to feel a definite squeeze and lift action of your pelvic floor muscles or are unable to even slow the stream of urine as described in point 3, you should seek professional help to get your pelvic floor muscles working correctly. Even men with very weak pelvic floor muscles can be taught these exercises by a physiotherapist or continence advisor with expertise in this area.

Doing pelvic floor exercises:

Now that you can feel the muscles working, exercise them by:

1. Tightening and drawing in strongly the muscles around the anus and the urethra all at once. Lift them up inside. Try and hold this contraction strongly as you count to six then release and relax. You should have a definite feeling of 'letting go'.
2. Repeat ('squeeze and lift') and relax. It is important to rest for about 10 seconds in between each contraction. If you find it easy to hold for a count of five, try to hold for longer - up to ten seconds.

3. Repeat this 6 times
4. Now do 6 short, fast, but strong contractions.
5. Do this whole exercise routine at least 2-3 times every day.

While doing the exercises:
• DO NOT hold your breath.
• DO NOT push down instead of squeezing and lifting up.
• DO NOT tighten your tummy, buttocks or thighs.

You should try and do these exercises every morning and every evening. It doesn't matter if you do them lying down, sitting or standing, the important thing is that you do them regularly. It may take up to 12 weeks for you to notice some of the benefits listed above, but then you'll definitely notice them! Try doing them every time you wait for a red traffic light, or put some red stickers on prominent places like your shaving or reversing mirror, computer screen or TV screen; use these to prompt you to do your exercises.

Dr Stephen Adams 2006

V

viking32

a new way off body building..may be it will become a olympic event..???the sex olympic ..lets have it at summer time .
thanks for the info,,,been doing them for years .yep they do work,,but again sex has a lot to do with the mental state off mind,,and feeling good about one self

golfball

Silver Member
I have been doing these exercises for over 35 years, when I had my prostate removed, due to cancer, we have to do the exercise to gain control of the bladder
Before the operation, I had a lot of control of my penis, to gain an erection, lift and move etc, now 22 months later they are helping regain the control I once had

A

AlexandraSilk

Nice Thread.
Pelvic Floor exercises increase the intensity of an orgasm for both men and women.
Everyone should be doing them regularly.

A

al_carlos72

this sounds cool but does it encourage premature ejaculation?

F

Farm Boy

These exercises help prevent back problems such as prolapsed disk & thing like that .

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
Sounds like an exercise you can do anywhere. Do it when your driving, at work, watching the telly, sitting on the loo, at a sporting event, just about anywhere you can think of. In fact, I am doing it now as I type. LOL...don't know about putting some red stickers on prominent places, it will look awkward. Just give yourself a good slap if you haven't done it...