• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Old fashioned manners...

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
I was taught at a young age that you need to show females manners, things such as opening the car door for them, offering your seat on a crowded bus. asking if they need a hand to carry their bags etc but now that the world is becoming more modern are we still expected to do this?
Should females be treated differently? After all, if they want us men to treat them the same as we would one of our boys should they be able to say...
"what if I break a nail?" or
"you can`t put that naked poster up it`s demeaning" or
"I can`t sweep the floor, my hands will get dirty" or
"do you mind carrying that box for me" or
"you can`t read that magazine, it`s full of boobs"

Maybe I`m still old fashioned but I still like to treat the ladies with a bit more respect then I would one of my male friends...

jlmiller

Gold Member
I think a lot of women would not mind being treated special, however you have to feel this out as some would feel you think they are weak and although it has nothing to do with that, they cope an attitude if you open a door or ask to carry a bag.. I know I've been on the receiving end.. so I thread carefully. I tend to let the woman know in advance this is who I am, if they are ok with it then fine if not they let me know.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
I love to be treated special. :) It doesn't happen very often but when it happens it makes me feel good. (but I love to be my own woman as well......good thing about today is that we do have a choice)
I think after the second wave feminism popped up in the late twenthiest century the trend is more like back to the 'old fashioned manners'.

So good on you BB, nothing wrong with treating a woman the (nice and respectful) old fashioned way.

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

J

JasRob

I still open the car door for my lovely gf...and some other old stuffs that my parents once taught me...

P

Perth boy

I am a door opener type of guy and have told my sons to do the same.

But have you ever noticed that the left hand side car door has not got a lock anymore. This has been like this for a while now. In my day you would unlock the door and let your date in.

Happy2

Legend Member

But have you ever noticed that the left hand side car door has not got a lock anymore. This has been like this for a while now. In my day you would unlock the door and let your date in.

Doorlocks ? You are showing your age Perthboy
But I was always taught good manners cost you nothing and it all just adds to making us a little more like a community

C

colbb123

Interesting question BB, one with no simple answer so its good to read the responses so far, hope there's some more posts. I think there's a difference between being equal as opposed to being the same. Someone tried to explain it to me once by liking it to colours. Red and Blue are equal in that they are both colours but they are also different. I kinda like this because I'm a hopeless romantic but the beauty of this analogue for me is that it recognises that all the colours in the spectrum have equal value and are nice on their own, but when all the different colours come together ......awesome rainbow:)

P

Perth boy

Doorlocks ? You are showing your age Perthboy
But I was always taught good manners cost you nothing and it all just adds to making us a little more like a community

H2 I just like old cars I'm not that old
(ok my first car was a HR Holden)

Happy2

Legend Member
H2 I just like old cars I'm not that old
(ok my first car was a HR Holden)

A rust bucket on wheels And the push button release on the door handle that could push your thumb back at weird angles Kiddie size thumbs I mean
And after opening the door for your lady (See back on topic johnlou) If it was over 30 degrees you smell the nylon in her dress melting
as it came into contact with those redhot vinyl benchseats

P

Perth boy

H2 you forgot that great little hole under the dash on the right side of the steering column. Just made to be a open the king browns for your gal while at the drive inn.

Demon

Legend Member
A rust bucket on wheels And the push button release on the door handle that could push your thumb back at weird angles Kiddie size thumbs I mean
And after opening the door for your lady (See back on topic johnlou) If it was over 30 degrees you smell the nylon in her dress melting
as it came into contact with those redhot vinyl benchseats

And that is the good points of a Holden. Glad you didn't get negative on us with the bad features.

W

WRXXXR

Do women (say sub 25) really want their car doors opened for them in 2012 though? The girls I know don't! Young girls would probably rather receive phone credit than flowers!

I also think it's only right for women to get their hands dirty these days. There is no reason why a female can't do the crap jobs that men traditionally had to or do physical hard work. One of "my" mechanics is a female, who's very good.

F

Farm Boy

I also think it's only right for women to get their hands dirty these days.

Washed the crap of your kids bums wrxxxr and ever done the nappy's ?and fanny rinsing after bbsex ( we expect this at least from them) is something I dont have to do (thankfully)

W

WRXXXR

I can't say I've ever cleaned a bum other than my own Farm Boy and its certainly not something I plan on doing anytime soon!

I'd imagine it's pretty ordinary but if it's your kid it would be ok. If my kids take after me, it's going to stink :D But I meant hard and dirty work. Plastering, painting etc. No reason why women can't or shouldn't do that sort of work if they so wish.

Happy2

Legend Member
Only problem with workplace equality You go to your local brothel and ask to see Alex and a man
fronts up You have to accept him or it would be discrimination wouldn't it?

F

Farm Boy

Only problem with workplace equality You go to your local brothel and ask to see Alex and a man
fronts up You have to accept him or it would be discrimination wouldn't it?

Farm Boy would discriminate , Political incorrect sod very happy to show his bigotry in this case .

A

Alecia the Foxx

You guys clearly have totally the wrong idea about what discrimination and political correctness ::)

F

Farm Boy

You guys clearly have totally the wrong idea about what discrimination and political correctness ::)

Well I did defend the woman now can get there hand dirty comment's, (Girls have been mucking in since Eve"s fruit picking days)

Happy2

Legend Member

I dont think we are that far off Alecia we were just having a little fun.
Discrimination is a abhorrent though everyday action
Political correctness is a concept made up by Humanists, University types and exacerbated by politicians and media
No one fails everyone is a winner

A

Alecia the Foxx

"Political correctness is a concept made up by Humanists, University types and exacerbated by politicians and media"

Quote from Happy2.

So you are saying that Political Correctness is a social construct? Wow, really?? So are most of the rules, laws, etiquette, and other rhetoric that we live our lives by. So???? Your point is??

F

Farm Boy

I think H2 is trying to say he and I are dumb fucks uninhibited by the constraints imposed on themselves by people of a higher calibre who are capable of attending superior educational faculty's and the self discipline to deny there basic animal instincts and indulge in crude humour .

A

Alecia the Foxx

I think H2 is trying to say he and I are dumb fucks uninhibited by the constraints imposed on themselves by people of a higher calibre who are capable of attending superior educational faculty's and the self discipline to deny there basic animal instincts and indulge in crude humour .

Lol ... that statement is based on a number of assumptions (which are the mother of all fuck-ups), but yeah, if you say so.

A

Alecia the Foxx

Lol ... I am from the Waikato District in NZ. We are a farming district, and we find red tractors very sexy. I shit you not.

T

Tania Admin

Good manners are returned in kind, I genuinely appreciate when a gentleman makes me feel good by showing me the respect of good manners and chivalry, if I am made to feel special I will make sure that he does too :)