Now that`s just pathetic...

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
We all used to watch tv shows and movies when kids and we all had our favourites.
Was there any show you took as being real and now look back on and think to yourself... That`s just pathetic, I can`t believe I used to watch that and think it could happen.
As a kid I used to enjoy watching what was then the World Wrestling Federation or WWF and it took forever to convince me it wan`t real.

W

WRXXR

Baywatch for me.

Surely getting CPR but a hot busty blonde in her prime is unrealistic :p

Been watching reruns on 7mate, So bad its good!

B

BigBlackCock

I remember Batman and Robin - when it was in black and white and later of course when it was available in colour.

The thing that used to get me was that it was a jet propelled car and yet in hindsight - the tyres used to spin and burn!

svengali

Foundation Member
I used to lap up those Hollywood WW2 series like "Combat", "Black Sheep Squadron" etc. When Black Sheep was repeated a few years ago I tuned in and, yes, "how did I ever get sucked into watching this corny rah-rah tripe...."

F

Farm Boy

I used to lap up those Hollywood WW2 series like "Combat", "Black Sheep Squadron" etc. When Black Sheep was repeated a few years ago I tuned in and, yes, "how did I ever get sucked into watching this corny rah-rah tripe...."

It was the WW2 aircraft Corsair Hellcat Zeros .

B

BigBlackCock

But of course nothing beat Superman whom nobody recognised the minute he put his glasses on. Or Wonderwoman whom no one recognized 'cos she whirled around and threw her clothes off!!

F

franco cozzo

BBC, I can imagine being too distracted by Wonderwoman throwing her clothes off to notice her face - and therfore not recognise her later with them back on.

A

Alecia the Foxx

That same actress appeared as one of the main characters in a movie a few years later about women who had appeared in Playboy, or Penthouse, one of those men's mags. She is very pretty.

B

BigBlackCock

Alecia, phwoaah Marsha Brady (or was it Marcia), how many young schoolboys developed callouses on their hand I wonder?
Wonder Woman a.k.a. Linda Carter in real life was a former Miss USA World - came in as a runner up the Miss World competition.

Then again, the Leyland Brothers was something else, I'm sure an entire generation of schoolboys watched it just for the sake of those wet tshirts!! YouTube - "Ask the Leyland Brothers" Theme Song

kim of kal

Foundation Member
Gilligan's Island how pathetic the amount of times they could of got off the Island but didn't

B

BigBlackCock

Years later, when I saw "Amadaeus" I had these flashbacks wondering why Gilligan was a german music composer. He was so typecast into that role, it was a credit to his skill that he acted out Mozart so well.

Could be worse - because the two movies were so close together, people kept wondering how Forrest Gump was flying Apollo 13 (well almost) to the moon.