• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Memories... Help me make a list.

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Memories... the things we used to do.

Some of the things we used to be able to do when we were little, such fun times but to do it these days...
Could land you in a deep pile of doggie poo.

Things such as...

Sitting at the back of the bus on the way home screaming AC/DC songs at the top of your lungs.

Drinking from a Goonie bag sitting on the school oval.

Ringing doorbells of random peoples homes at midnight and then running as fast as you could away.

Asking a stranger for 20c so that you could catch the bus home.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Hehehehe.......I can relate to random doorbells at midnight.......that was fun. We used to stuff unripe apples in exhaust pipes of cars....grrrrrr.....not a good one I guess...........or build snowmen in the front yards after dark with cheeky signs on it...........or playing Indians and Cowboys lightening fires in the bush area close to the street we lived in and watching it getting out of hand, getting scared and run away.........brrrrr.......not a good memory......somebody called the fire engine luckily.......caused an awful lot of mayhem and trouble as you can imagine.

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

F

Farm Boy

Threepenny bombs in letterboxes and gyefox night every kid was a unlicensed pyrotechnic expert .

Happy2

Legend Member
The penny bombs etc were before my time But I'm sure if you count the
number of fingers on the hands of kids from TD's generation You would soon know who the bombers were

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Who can remember the days when you had a local milk delivery and so you would wait until he had dropped some milk off at someones home, gone around the corner and then you took another persons choc milk for your own benefit.

Happy2

Legend Member
BB what you said on the thread starter about belting out acca dacca songs from the back of the bus reminded me of when the school bus used to pick us up and takes us to school in town about a 1hr1/2 away We belted out whatever crap was top ten and the bus driver asked us politely to stop. We carried on unabated. He shrugged his shoulders and kept driving so we got louder.
On the return journey he stopped the bus in no-mans land And said to the other kids Please tell your troubadour friends to be quiet or we will stop here after school for at least an hour every time they open there traps"
Needless to say our ex mates were rather forceful in their desire for us to cease & desist Stopping the bus on the way to school was one thing stealing into our own time was a another thing all together

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Not the milk delivery......but there used to be the ice cream van. School holidays at my nanna's place and every weekend on a Sunday afternoon the ice cream van struggled up the steep road always blowing the horn in a certain way. We loved it :)
I am sure I still would recognise the horn out 100 other ones.

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

svengali

Foundation Member
Ah, memories, don't get me started. I must be a little older than Billy because goonie bags hadn't been invented when I was a young lad but try these.

* Filling a v8 powered car for less than $5

* Delivering newspapers on a bike.

* No open-road speed limits.

* Policemen who were respected.

* Teachers and parents who also demanded and got respect.

W

WRXXXR

Sony walkmen that used cassettes (lol!!) and my first computer that was an amiga 500!

Thank god technology has improved.

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Sony walkmen that used cassettes (lol!!) and my first computer that was an amiga 500!

Thank god technology has improved.

Remember the kids that used to walk around with thier massive boom boxes, collect some large cardboard and break dance in the streets...

S

sexnut

What about cartoons? Mighty Mouse, Count Duckula, Widget ah carefree times...

S

sexnut

Marbles, basketball cards and those stupid basketball singlet things ahh memories

W

WRXXXR

Basketball cards were awesome!

Certainly not things that could land you in trouble but they were a currency at school. Not to mention yo yo's were pretty popular mid 90's.. Now kids just want to play on their iPad or PS3

F

Farm Boy

Ah, memories, don't get me started. I must be a little older than Billy because goonie bags hadn't been invented when I was a young lad but try these.

* Filling a v8 powered car for less than $5

* Delivering newspapers on a bike.

* No open-road speed limits.

* Policemen who were respected.

* Teachers and parents who also demanded and got respect.

I will add some of my favorites

Hay St Kal Brambles transport and Mona Maxwall one side, six corrugated iron constructions the other.

In the early seventy's after sunset it was a sight to behold hundreds of colored lights and thirty plus girls from all over Australia standing in the doorway's fun place to be when the Kal knuckleheads got payed

P

Perth boy

Who can remember the days when you had a local milk delivery and so you would wait until he had dropped some milk off at someones home, gone around the corner and then you took another persons choc milk for your own benefit.

We had some kids that nicked our milk for weeks, So Dad opended a few milk cartons and put some laxitives in them. Closed them up put them out the front of the drive way and it never happened again.

1) I remember hanging from the pram hooks on the back of the bus and standing on the bumper to get a free ride.

2) I remember camping out at the entertainment for centre for 3 nights for Kiss tickets.

3) Calling my boss Sir.

4) Riding a push bike with a sissy bar and long seat.

5) Talking on a CB radio.

thiswayup

Silver Member
Oh cartoons forsure! I'm such a big kid! Haha I got my hands on thundercats the other day!! Not as good as u remember but still awesome they don't make them like they used to! Remember Fraggle Rock prob showing my age here lol and Playing outside..for hours!

A

Alecia the Foxx

Standing under my parents eucalyptus tree and all those lovely big caterpillars. Still love the smell of those trees, takes me right back to my childhood.

Happy2

Legend Member
letting three year olds walk around the shops in Gero Knowing if for some reason they got lost or scared a total stranger or shop assistant would look after them
Allthough the smack in the ear from the missus wasn't as good a memory

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
letting three year olds walk around the shops in Gero Knowing if for some reason they got lost or scared a total stranger or shop assistant would look after them
Allthough the smack in the ear from the missus wasn't as good a memory

I lost a friends kid once... The little buggers move so fast, blink and thier gone.
Didn`t manage to find him for a couple hours.
Never was brave enough to tell his mum, I think I`ll save that for confession time.

Happy2

Legend Member
I lost a friends kid once... The little buggers move so fast, blink and thier gone.
Didn`t manage to find him for a couple hours.
Never was brave enough to tell his mum, I think I`ll save that for confession time.

did the lovely ladies at langtrees look after the little tyke

/

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
I`m sure if I had lost him there... Well, he would have been taken better care of then me... It was actually at a car show.

Another time , when I was baby sitting him I feel asleep and woke up to find out he had been playing with the blue toilet cleaner...
Looked like a little smurf.

Happy2

Legend Member
Well thats alright then only a car show a Harley exhibition hosted by gods garbage may
have been different They would have you a bigger clip over the ear than my missus gave me
And did you have pink toilet cleaner if you were looking after a young girl as well as a boy?

Happy2

Legend Member
Sorry BB after the third son I didn't think I would need any more so I threw it out

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Nevermind...
3 boys... sounds great, at least you have someone to take down the oval and kick the footy with.

S

sexnut

When things use to be cheaper:

20c lolli bags
movie tickets
transport

Its all soo expensive now

Big blocky tvs
vhs tapes
floppy disks
dos....lol

T