Looking to change viewing order VOTE to be counted

What Order do you prefer to view a thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

oz-surfer

Gold Member
Stan the champ !

Fixed.

Still doesn't explain why peple would prefer newest first and why it became the default. These people need to be studied for the betterment of humanity.....

;)

Steptoe

Silver Member
Without a doubt when looking at a post, the comment that started the thread should be first.
It should run from oldest to newest.
I think if they were all like this back the front post it would be almost enough to make me give up looking at them.
With the forum I believe they should be sticky threads on top, then other post in the order of the most recent activity. At the bottom of the page it gives the option to change this.

rickjames

Diamond Member
Well done Stan. Good to go. Now we just need to sort the newest first posts rather then alphabetical order a in some sections.

Stan_the_Man

I swear to God I had something for this...
Silver Member
No problem. Glad to be of assistance. :)

I went looking for the option when I logged on here and spent the first two minutes thinking that I'd lost my mind. It was all a bit like that film Memento...

Steptoe

Silver Member
Stan you are the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just changed my profile and it works like a beauty.
Cheers Steptoe.

Steptoe

Silver Member
Hi Rick,
When you open a forum subject if you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page,
select from drop down boxes.
Last Message Time & Descending Order. Then click Set Options.
Wait a bit and they will change so you have sticky threads, with most recent activity to the top followed by all the other threads sorted so the most recent replies are on top and work there way down.
Nearly drove me mad until I found the way to change it.
The only other thing is once you have set it, click on the forum tab or your profile or something if you use the back button on your browser it will undo the changes you just made and go back to alphabetical order.
Hope this helps.
Steptoe.

oz-surfer

Gold Member
Turns out you can click on the poll result i.e. the number of votes for each option and it displays who voted for it....who would have thought - so much for poll anonymity...

Anyway.......Get your pitchforks and torches together people time to run these nuts out of the village !!!

aussie_single34

Resident kinky pervert
Foundation Member
Yeah sorted mate
But why did we change it ?
If the option was always there then those that wanted to live in an upside down world could... without effecting the "normal" folk

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Surely there has to be an option under preferences to select whether one wants newest post first or oldest post first??

This really isn't rocket science - vary basic programming skills required.

Happy to help if you want this option.
If you can find a plug in I will happily install it.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
That must have been included in the new plug in as was not their in the old system Thanks for pointing it out guys.

westy

Mouse chasing Pussy
Diamond Member
I like that if I've never viewed a thread before, it starts me at the beginning. If it's one I've seen before, it takes me to the oldest unread post first and I can then scroll through anything newer. Vote cast :)
What she said!!!!!!

rickjames

Diamond Member
Hi Rick,
When you open a forum subject if you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page,
select from drop down boxes.
Last Message Time & Descending Order. Then click Set Options.
Wait a bit and they will change so you have sticky threads, with most recent activity to the top followed by all the other threads sorted so the most recent replies are on top and work there way down.
Nearly drove me mad until I found the way to change it.
The only other thing is once you have set it, click on the forum tab or your profile or something if you use the back button on your browser it will undo the changes you just made and go back to alphabetical order.
Hope this helps.
Steptoe.
Steptoe

I appreciate the reply. But like you said if I go back or open another window I have to keep changing the setting. And EVERY TIME I LOG IN I HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN. Hopefully the admin can fix this so it is a permanent change once the settings have been adjusted it stays that way even when logging in and out

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I don't have a problem with the poll results being viewed, so why should oz surfer, I imagine only Gold or Legends could view this information and now that everyone can set their preferences to view the forum how they wish, I think the poll has achieved its aim.

Happy2

Legend Member
I don't have a problem with the poll results being viewed, so why should oz surfer, I imagine only Gold or Legends could view this information and now that everyone can set their preferences to view the forum how they wish, I think the poll has achieved its aim.
Also I believe there was (Even if a tad small) a notice in the voting area saying results were for public viewing or some such similar disclaimer

svengali

Foundation Member
There is no need as Stan the man pointed out you go to preferences and set it how you Want I and several others have already gone back to the old system

So where is this "preferences" button located? I have searched my profile page twice and can't find it.o_O

By the way, every other bulletin board I have ever seen operates "earlier posts first" so I am not sure why this one was changed to run "backwards":confused:

oz-surfer

Gold Member
Well done MAK - a couple of good screen shots.

I have no problem with the poll result being seen - just seems strange that you can that's all.

.....Oh and Jonhlou, no need to worry, you won't be run out of the village. Who would have thought it would be so hard to get an angry mob together at 11pm on a Tuesday night in Perth...you're safe in your castle for the time being...

angry-mob.jpg

oz-surfer

Gold Member
...all in good fun John Lou
.... appreciate your difficult job as a moderator, and I clearly need to work on my smiley face use ... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.