Important Notice - someone here or there may catch Coronavirus from WG in Perth now

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabredog

Steppin' Out
Legend Member
I am not spruiking anything mate I don't know where you are getting your information from but I think it best you conduct adequate research before attempting to discredit those who have 😮
Night Owl. If you are in possession of information that the CMO and medical fraternity do not then you better let them know instead of posting it here.

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Misinformation, fake news and the like, adds to the misconceptions about a great many of things

Thank god us European folks get to see the backsides of The British People. Thank god for Brexit.

Phoebe

Legend Member
We are safe for we have our temperature taken upon arrival, also our punters. We will not compromise the business or our healths!

This goes to show you how poor Aussies really are.... or Greedy... but then again 1.5 Million for a shit terrace house in Sydney well says it all about Aussies...

Plumage

Diamond Member
This goes to show you how poor Aussies really are.... or Greedy... but then again 1.5 Million for a shit terrace house in Sydney well says it all about Aussies...
Lol, I get it now. You don't even care where the train is going, so long as you can derail it.

Phoebe

Legend Member
Once again I think you might have gotten on at the wrong station, Phoebe. This train ain't going anywhere near there.

Trains.. Ironic hey.. Hows that High Speed rail working out for you ... I really can't wait till its finished BUT over there in 3rd world Spain they have Miles of the stuff... LOL

Lol, I get it now. You don't even care where the train is going, so long as you can derail it.

As long as I don't see any Aussies/Brits onboard I am a happy camper...

dan60

Diamond Member
Under normal circumstances this procedure would be quite adequate however due to the characteristics of CV - the main one being symptons can lay dormant in a host for up to 8 weeks
not being funny, but where did you you get the 8 week dormancy from.
i've not seen that figure in any of the blurb so far, not even brenda (from accounts) feacebook page :)

N

Night Owl Ciao

not being funny, but where did you you get the 8 week dormancy from.
i've not seen that figure in any of the blurb so far, not even brenda's feacebook page :)
Type"google scholar" into the Google search bar & then type "Corona Virus characteristics" or similar into the Google scholar search bar. Unlike Google, google scholar is a reliable source of information

dan60

Diamond Member
Type"google scholar" into the Google search bar & then type "Corona Virus characteristics" or similar into the Google scholar search bar. Unlike Google, google scholar is a reliable source of information
is this it? the only reference to 8 days i could find.
ABSTRACT
. In short, the use of reported bugs to judge the quality of a specific version might be misleading. Exploring the fix process for dormant bugs, we find that they are fixed faster (median fix time of 5 days) than non- dormant bugs (median fix time of 8 days), and are fixed by more experienced developers (median commit counts of developers who fix dormant bug is 169% higher). Our results highlight that dormant bugs are different from non-dormant bugs in many perspectives and that future research in software quality should carefully study and consider dormant bugs.
oh no, wrong bug!!!
you may have to help us find it.

N

Night Owl Ciao

is this it? the only reference to 8 days i could find.
ABSTRACT
. In short, the use of reported bugs to judge the quality of a specific version might be misleading. Exploring the fix process for dormant bugs, we find that they are fixed faster (median fix time of 5 days) than non- dormant bugs (median fix time of 8 days), and are fixed by more experienced developers (median commit counts of developers who fix dormant bug is 169% higher). Our results highlight that dormant bugs are different from non-dormant bugs in many perspectives and that future research in software quality should carefully study and consider dormant bugs.
oh no, wrong bug!!!
you may have to help us find it.
Sigh

Channelle

Legend Member
Why yes indeed. Safer at least! Panic causes unnecessary stress . Who in their right mind would want to even leave their house when ill? I've seen what Man flu does to blokes and my Lord, you have got to be crazy to even leave if that is the case! I am safe for I have an immune system that is a force to be reckoned with. I am not panicking, are you ? If I contract the virus, I am a goner, diabetic smoker. Nothing has got me down for too long and from the looks of it, nothing will yet
Ummm ... let's leave Man Flu out of this ... that is serious stuff.
I was once confined to the couch for a whole week with a slight sniffle. Just managed to get rid of it in time for the weekend.

sparky

Legend Member
Under normal circumstances this procedure would be quite adequate however due to the characteristics of CV - the main one being symptons can lay dormant in a host for up to 8 weeks but the host will still be highly contagious & very likely infect anyone they come within 10 feet of. This is the very reason we now have travel bans, no crowds at the footy, entire nation's enforcing mandatory lockdown etc etc etc.
It is all very well not to panic but it is far better to know the actual facts & base decisions on fact not fiction.

I think there is more fiction than fact here

8 weeks?
10 feet?

Where did you gain these "facts" from?

A

Annoyance

Best wipe down those public toilet seats before use then, cause anything a Carrier has physically touched can infect you too. And with those spike in virus cases is due to ppl coming back from overseas plane or cruise related. You do know we still have about 1.4K Australians needed to come back, probably about 3/4 of them will be infected raising the count. By the time they come back the count will go up to 2k easy.

Plus ppl who are reckless and don't self-isolate 24-48 hrs after infect other ppl around them. The marriage in NSW is that result having a USA returnee caused 35 new cases. That Sydney WL probably got it from the plane, which I don't get why the government hasn't figured it out yet. But there is no alert on to sterilise the planes on each landings, as we know how clean planes are after each flight in the set time crew have to clean them. Add the virus and it's always going to be in that plane till proven otherwise. Ever sweated on a plane? With ppl wearing short pants and sleeves those seats are germ soaked. I've seen ppl take off their shoes and socks and plant their sweaty feet on the plane carpet that, drum roll ppl hardly gets dry cleaned.

Status
Not open for further replies.