• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

How has UberEats and Deliveroo Changed our Lifestyle?

Aaron

Canberra
Diamond Member
I read an Article that the average Australian spends around $2000 per year on Food Delivery!
That seems like a lot but not really when you break down 20 x $100 meals! Once every 2 weeks!

What did we do before UberEats? Is this good for restaurants and small business? OR as a society has this
pushed us back further and further into anti-social rabbit holes where we engage less and less with the world.

1571134992885.png

Matt C Harlots

Legend Member
I think for Society it has pushed us back a step, Why bother going out and meeting people or hanging with other humans when we can get food delivered to us whilst still in our PJ's
But I believe it should be helping Small business's Getting more traffic then before, reaching more clients then before, I know that I have tried restaurants that i never would of tried before due to distance or being hidden,

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
I think it's an absolute curse on Australian society.

Even non-dining places have started to close down or trim their hours due to Uber eats 'cos people don't go out as much anymore.

Secondly, it has encouraged obesity and slothfulness like I can't believe. As it is, so many people ate junk food and didn't eat balanced diets before Uber came along and now it's worse - nobody thinks about salads much and every night it's a case of readily processed, salted foods ranging from lasagna to pizza to burgers to sweet and sour pork. Their wallets get emptier while their arses and tummies get fuller. In a few years, obesity and diabetes and cancer-related ailments will be major epidemics if they aren't already.

Along with that is another thing - cable tv like Netflix and Foxtel. People sit on their bums all weekend or weekdays gorging on marathon sessions and stuff their faces full of Uber. They've forgotten social graces like inviting people round for dinner or going out or spending time with family.

Yes, you heard it here second - we're fucked. Thanks Uber and deliveroo and whatever.