How far would you go??

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
How far would you go for a loved one??

For example, if a loved one broke the law, if you as a police officer knew there was only one piece of evidence that would convict them would you destroy it??

Or another example... Your a teacher and a loved one missed graduating from university by only 2 marks. If you could, would you change it somehow so that they did pass??

Is it ok to bend the rules for a loved one??

A

Alecia the Foxx

No, it is not ok to bend the rules purely because you know a person, or are related to that person, in terms of the law and educational achievements. To do so is to employ the use of power and control, and you have no business doing it.

Tannerone

Gold Member
I agree with Alicia.

If they don't meet the standards, the best way to help is to try to improve their performance. Effectively lowering the standards will only encourage lower performace to see if they can get away with it again.

svengali

Foundation Member
Yep!

We all know what is right and what is wrong but the temptation can be pretty hard to resist and it is best if it doesn't arise.

Ideally, of course, the teacher should not have to mark the paper of anyone he knew and the cop should not be investigating his own family members.

svengali

Foundation Member
Yep!

We all know what is right and what is wrong but the temptation can be pretty hard to resist and it is best if it doesn't arise.

Ideally, of course, the teacher should not have to mark the paper of anyone he knew and the cop should not be investigating his own family members.

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Agree, we all should know better but sometimes the love for a loved one can cloud our own judgement.
Let`s hope none of us ever have to make that decision in real life.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Guess I am a "shit stirrer".......but aren't rules there to be broken??????:thumbsup:

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A

Alecia the Foxx

Guess I am a "shit stirrer".......but aren't rules there to be broken??????:thumbsup:

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sure, they are. But in the areas of law and education, lying is a very big deal. Could cost someone their job, or a life sentence in prison in some circs.

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Sure, they are. But in the areas of law and education, lying is a very big deal. Could cost someone their job, or a life sentence in prison in some circs.

Alecia, I do agree with you 100% but I`m sure that there are mums and dads that would take the blame for thier children.

For example... If they were on holiday to Bali and the son or daughters luggage was found to contain some green weed do you think that the mum or dad would simply let thier child take the blame???

Another example, your partner needs gets a speeding ticket for speeding past a multinova camera. it`s his last chance and if he loses his license, he loses his job and then lose the family home. Would you then think about taking the blame for him?

Tannerone

Gold Member
Alecia, I do agree with you 100% but I`m sure that there are mums and dads that would take the blame for thier children.

For example... If they were on holiday to Bali and the son or daughters luggage was found to contain some green weed do you think that the mum or dad would simply let thier child take the blame???

Another example, your partner needs gets a speeding ticket for speeding past a multinova camera. it`s his last chance and if he loses his license, he loses his job and then lose the family home. Would you then think about taking the blame for him?

I definitely would not take the blame for the 'green weed' unless I had put it there myself, which I most certainly would not have done. Why should I possibly lose my life over someone else's stupidity, particularly as I know the consequences, and which I would already have stressed to my children.

With the Multanove - the ploto will show who the driver is, and unless your partner looks very much like you, it would be rather obvious who the culprit was. Anyway, why should I blemish my record ?

F

Farm Boy

I have brought my two oldest children cars , both licensed in my name, from time to time letters have arrived addressed to me, Farm Girl opens them swears and rushes off and pays fine,I lose points.

A

Alecia the Foxx

I have brought my two oldest children cars , both licensed in my name, from time to time letters have arrived addressed to me, Farm Girl opens them swears and rushes off and pays fine,I lose points.

That's up to you. But you are doing your children a dis-service by not teaching them to meet their own responsibilities.

Miss Delights

Diamond Member
No...even my friends hate working for me as there is NO such thing as favoritism for me, In my world you never reward bad behavior.:violent5::ky:

Happy2

Legend Member
Got many points left to play with Farmboy. I mean a farmer without a license is
grounded.

F

Farm Boy

Got many points left to play with Farmboy. I mean a farmer without a license is
grounded.

Three of us scatting on thin ice Farm Girl hasn't lost one yet but that may change if I happen to get the mail first.