Firebug ?

S

SilverSurfer44

One article said some guy got 17 years for lighting a fire that killed 10 people a few years ago in Victoria.

I think some above comments are right, these fire fuels have been ignored, it could be greenies faults not allowing back burning in winter. Once 45 degrees hits, its not arsonists i thought it was sparks from power poles hitting the ground

stovo82

Diamond Member
Billionaires quickly put up the funds to rebuild Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, France.
Where are the generous billionaires putting up the funds to help fight fires in Australia?
I have extensive experience participating in volunteering firefighting through out Australia. It is the lack of funding, water restrictions , not enough hoses, not enough fire engines, more fire stations, not enough water bombers and lack of government support that has lead to the fires being out of control.

Building more dams, more fire trucks, fully fund firefighting services is the answer to fix this problem.
We can not afford it is what the stingy, mean corrupt government and the rich will say. We simply tax the billionaires and millionaires more and make them cough up more to fully fund the infrastructure and services we need in Australia.

Madyson McKensie

Luxury Companion
Diamond Member
Beyond disgusting, there was a 20yr old caught in Canberra a few nights ago caught lighting fires. With everything going on at the moment in Australia anyone that could do this deserves the harshest punishments!

View attachment 83759

One arrested person would light a fire and then call it in and help fight it...hero complex in the worst way 🙄 maybe more education on the dangers of fires required ?

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
A long time to the next election and while Australia burnt ScoMo was hanging loose and chilling in Hawaii. He offers empty words and even turned his back on a 20 year old pregnant woman during mid conversation because he did not approve of her situation. Firefighters and volunteers refused to shake his hand. While many risked their lives and lost everything. Politicians only have empty words and ScoMo was seen holidaying in Hawaii when the fires started and took a very long time to take action.
23 lives have been lost, 1500 homes have been lost and 6 million hectares of land have been destroyed by the out of control fires.
Not to forget the wildlife, the estimated number is 1 billion

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Beyond disgusting, there was a 20yr old caught in Canberra a few nights ago caught lighting fires. With everything going on at the moment in Australia anyone that could do this deserves the harshest punishments!

View attachment 83759

A little Wikipedia insight on Pyromania

stovo82

Diamond Member
Only Arsonists are to blame?
Government's inaction is to blame for the bush fires.
ScoMo you are to blame over this national tragedy.
You holidayed in Hawaii during peak fire season and waited months before taking action.

I see the government is trying to put all the blame on Arsonists and not take responsibility for the Bush Fire Tragedy.
Australia burnt for months, PM holidayed in Hawaii and waited a long time before taking action.

Last edited:

Happy2

Legend Member
Not to forget the wildlife, the estimated number is 1 billion
I will conceded the 1/2 billion animals that was quoted But the quality rags also added that ,that number is what's affected Big difference to saying killed
And we can't know until the damn fires are out (And still it will be a guesstimate )
Then we can help the wildlife and people properly
Tell me again When you're older Roche ;)

S

SilverSurfer44

Billionaires quickly put up the funds to rebuild Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, France.
Where are the generous billionaires putting up the funds to help fight fires in Australia?
I have extensive experience participating in volunteering firefighting through out Australia. It is the lack of funding, water restrictions , not enough hoses, not enough fire engines, more fire stations, not enough water bombers and lack of government support that has lead to the fires being out of control.

Building more dams, more fire trucks, fully fund firefighting services is the answer to fix this problem.
We can not afford it is what the stingy, mean corrupt government and the rich will say. We simply tax the billionaires and millionaires more and make them cough up more to fully fund the infrastructure and services we need in Australia.

A political mess in lots of areas

I agree with stovo additionally prevention.

Down boy

Gold Member
You holidayed in Hawaii during peak fire season and waited months before taking action.

I see the government is trying to put all the blame on Arsonists and not take responsibility for the Bush Fire Tragedy.
Australia burnt for months, PM holidayed in Hawaii and waited a long time before taking action.

umm... summer and oil filled trees might have a little bit to do with it. I wasn’t around to be sure but I’d think that bushfires in Australia could have been as bad or even worse hundreds and/or thousands of years ago when there wasn’t any fire prevention or fighting done.

Happy2

Legend Member
umm... summer and oil filled trees might have a little bit to do with it. I wasn’t around to be sure but I’d think that bushfires in Australia could have been as bad or even worse hundreds and/or thousands of years ago when there wasn’t any fire prevention or fighting done.
And once it's in the crown it doesn't matter how light the fuel load on the ground

S

SilverSurfer44

Lots of animal are dead, the koala furthering toward to extinction. Wild cats, dogs, insects wallabies, the lot all gone. Some estimates are in the one 500 000 000 to 1000 000 000 (1 billion).

Last edited by a moderator:

Down boy

Gold Member
Lots of animal are dead, the koala furthering toward to extinction. Wild cats, dogs, insects wallabies, the lot all gone. Some estimates are in the one 500 000 000 to 1000 000 000 (1 billion).
That’s over 200 animals per hectare. Unlikely.

S

SilverSurfer44

That’s over 200 animals per hectare. Unlikely.
The Ironic thing about fire is , without it Humans die..
Humans are dead like 10 or something, but many more suffering respiratory problems may have or probably dead, many more with less life to live, asthmatics increases. Its the first in a while with possibly more disasterous conditions to follow on decades from various reasosn including political.

There's estimate 10 million hectares, with another few to go, like 13, would be 75 per hectare, possible including insects like ants, bees, mosquitos, small mice, rats, small wallabies, snakes, lizards, goannas, marsupaials, koalas, ferral pigs, horses, kangaroos, cats, dogs, cows, sheep, moths, flies, koalas, everythings completely dead. Deadly fire...RIP Australian wildlife and persons dead or contributed death due to conditions.

Unfortunately small business will suffer !!! Less farmers making any money with livestock gone, tourism down not wanting to experience poor air quality, infrastructure losses from roads and transport impacts. Houses lost leading to increased premiums. Government expenditure reduced focusing on fire costs, increased health services in response, persons not spending worried about impacts of fire. Could be a bit quieter those massage parlours, hair dressers and alike..

No bees to make money honey, it ll be all imported chinese syrup imitation theory. Drought's broken the farm economy also. ScoMo is really a name for man unable to handle economy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Down boy

Gold Member
Humans are dead like 10 or something, but many more suffering respiratory problems may have or probably dead, many more with less life to live, asthmatics increases. Its the first in a while with possibly more disasterous conditions to follow on decades from various reasosn including political.

There's estimate 10 million hectares, with another few to go, like 13, would be 75 per hectare, possible including insects like ants, bees, mosquitos, small mice, rats, small wallabies, snakes, lizards, goannas, marsupaials, koalas, ferral pigs, horses, kangaroos, cats, dogs, cows, sheep, moths, flies, koalas, everythings completely dead. Deadly fire...RIP Australian wildlife and persons dead or contributed death due to conditions.

Unfortunately small business will suffer !!! Less farmers making any money with livestock gone, tourism down not wanting to experience poor air quality, infrastructure losses from roads and transport impacts. Houses lost leading to increased premiums. Government expenditure reduced focusing on fire costs, increased health services in response, persons not spending worried about impacts of fire. Could be a bit quieter those massage parlours, hair dressers and alike..

No bees to make money honey, it ll be all imported chinese syrup imitation theory. Drought's broken the farm economy also. ScoMo is really a name for man unable to handle economy.

Australia is just under 770 million hectares. It’s arable land is over 46 million hectares. We’ve lost 4.9 million hectares so far, not 10 million. A swathe of that was forest, not arable. The loss of fauna would be immense but I’m not sure how it would be calculated. Certainly insects couldn’t be included, we still haven’t finished discovering them all yet alone being able to count them.
Yes, it’s bloody tragic. But it’s not the end. There will be shoots of life before you know it. I’m amazed how the bush and it’s animals bounce back after these fires on the mainland.
All is not lost man, there will be still plenty of bees.

dan60

Diamond Member

what a load of bollocks.
don't talk wet.

stovo82

Diamond Member
Firefighters with hero complex frequently light fires because they want to be seen as the hero that put out the fires.