Firebug ?

Farm Boy 2

Legend Member
Or murderers ?

*Police arrested 183 people for lighting bushfires across Queensland, NSW, Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania in the past few months. NSW police data shows 183 people have been charged or cautioned for bushfire-related offences since November 8, and 24 arrested for deliberately starting bushfires.

*Queensland police say 101 people have been picked up for setting fires in the bush, 32 adults and 69 juveniles.

In Tasmania, where fires have sprung up in the north of the state and outside Hobart, five were caught setting fire to vegetation. Victoria reported 43 charged for 2019.
Melbourne University associate professor Janet Stanley said arsonists were typically young males, aged 12 to 24, or older men in their 60s.

Stolen from the Australian on line .

Down boy

Gold Member
When I moved to the city here I was a trial member of a fire brigade quite a few years ago. Went out for a prescribed burn on a private property.
Felt very uneasy about the enthusiasm of two of the members. They were a lot more into the lighting up than Extinguishing. It obviously triggers an excitement in some people that can have deadly consequences.

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member

stovo82

Diamond Member
ScoMo was holidaying in Hawaii when the fires started and took a long time to take action.
SlowMo is still in denial over climate change.
I am surprised SlowMo has not blamed these fires on Labor/Greens like he does with everything else and claim how great his government is at getting things done.
We need a National Fire Emergency Plan to prevent bush fires and put out fires and save property and lives.
We also need a Climate Change plan that takes action now!
Arsonists are only part of the problem, government's inaction on climate change and lack of Fire Emergency Plan.

Phoebe

Legend Member
ScoMo was holidaying in Hawaii when the fires started and took a long time to take action.
SlowMo is still in denial over climate change.
I am surprised SlowMo has not blamed these fires on Labor/Greens like he does with everything else and claim how great his government is at getting things done.
We need a National Fire Emergency Plan to prevent bush fires and put out fires and save property and lives.
We also need a Climate Change plan that takes action now!
Arsonists are only part of the problem, government's inaction on climate change and lack of Fire Emergency Plan.

The Idiots in The Shire, Or Cook must be idiots to have actually voted for him.. Loads wont forget this in 2021.

stovo82

Diamond Member
A long time to the next election and while Australia burnt ScoMo was hanging loose and chilling in Hawaii. He offers empty words and even turned his back on a 20 year old pregnant woman during mid conversation because he did not approve of her situation. Firefighters and volunteers refused to shake his hand. While many risked their lives and lost everything. Politicians only have empty words and ScoMo was seen holidaying in Hawaii when the fires started and took a very long time to take action.
23 lives have been lost, 1500 homes have been lost and 6 million hectares of land have been destroyed by the out of control fires.

stovo82

Diamond Member
I would be listening to real experts that predicted these fires months in advance. I would not care about worthless things like Budget Surplus and spend money to get things done. ScoMo arrogantly ignored the experts like so many idiot politicians have done so in the past. ScoMo failed to take action, underfunded firefighting budgets, the action taken was too late. It costs less to prevent and minimise damage than to fix things after the damage has already been done. Insurance premiums are going to sky rocket, economic damage and environment damage to these communities will be felt for many years.

stovo82

Diamond Member
Why would people be motivated to light fires? youth it is excitement or boredom. Arson is an early indicator of a psychopathic serial killer personality profile. It is to cover up another crime like murder or it could be an insurance scam: pay day for a failing business and way to get out of debt.

Phoebe

Legend Member
Why would people be motivated to light fires? youth it is excitement or boredom. Arson is an early indicator of a psychopathic serial killer personality profile. It is to cover up another crime like murder or it could be an insurance scam: pay day for a failing business and way to get out of debt.

So we should execute them then ? LOL save on crime later on...

Happy2

Legend Member
With the Prime Minister when the fires are out and we have a flood The same voices will be saying it's his fault
And where was Albanese our alternative PM after Christmas At the cricket

There's a time and place Get the fires out then see who what or why

Farm Boy 2

Legend Member
I would be listening to real experts that predicted these fires months in advance. I would not care about worthless things like Budget Surplus and spend money to get things done. ScoMo arrogantly ignored the experts like so many idiot politicians have done so in the past. ScoMo failed to take action, underfunded firefighting budgets, the action taken was too late. It costs less to prevent and minimise damage than to fix things after the damage has already been done. Insurance premiums are going to sky rocket, economic damage and environment damage to these communities will be felt for many years.

OK Stovo 82 that sounded more like it was all the PM fault but there was the first bit off a plan there when you said Listen to experts I am sure there will be a Royal Commission ( again) after this and real experts will have a say along with a lot of other people that have a axe to grind.

Now answer the question Have you Stovo Fought a Fire?

A

Annoyance

I got to admit it's funny to see that even tho east is copping the fires and thick smoke, those firebugs are still willing to light more guess breathing in all that soot isn't thick enough for them to stop. I guess when they also lose their homes and lives will they consider stopping for a bit.

Treecat

Gold Member
I reckon throw the arsonists into the middle of the fire. Let the punishment fit the crime.

sabredog

Steppin' Out
Legend Member
With the Prime Minister when the fires are out and we have a flood The same voices will be saying it's his fault
And where was Albanese our alternative PM after Christmas At the cricket

There's a time and place Get the fires out then see who what or why
Exactly. No bipartisanship from Albanese at all. Secondly firefighting is responsibility of the states not the feds and for the feds to intervene the states must declare a state emergency and ask for help (which was eventually done). But no, the usual suspects conveniently forget those agreements and the media have not even mentioned it either rather to pile on the PM.

sabredog

Steppin' Out
Legend Member
There is bloody looting going on now as well. Well in wartime looters were shot, so after they are caught make an example of them and throw the bloody book at them and not a slap on the wrist with a limp lettuce.

Happy2

Legend Member
OK Stovo 82 that sounded more like it was all the PM fault but there was the first bit off a plan there when you said Listen to experts I am sure there will be a Royal Commission ( again) after this and real experts will have a say along with a lot of other people that have a axe to grind.

Now answer the question Have you Stovo Fought a Fire?
I hope few have fought fires FB
I've only been involved in scrub fires And if being honest even they scared me S***less

Farm Boy 2

Legend Member
Yes your right H2 We have had a Few nothing like a forest fire after a 4 year drought over East
Its all ways easier on farmland but every time there is a bad fire even over in the WA wheat belt you need all the help you can get .

And that is the thing People do come to help .

sabredog

Steppin' Out
Legend Member
Yes your right H2 We have had a Few nothing like a forest fire after a 4 year drought over East
Its all ways easier on farmland but every time there is a bad fire even over in the WA wheat belt you need all the help you can get .

And that is the thing People do come to help .
Seen some bad fires down south and less intense scrubby type ones around Mukinbudin. Few years back though. Scary.

A

Annoyance

Im curious with ppl donating all around the world where has all the money gone? We have celebs even government giving money to help the ppl over east, but where is the money? So far it's only been Ozzies helping ozzies with clothes and supply from their own homes. With roughly 40 million dollars and more don't tell me those charities are sucking up the money again. With that money i'll be calling firefighters from all over the world but I guess that's just too hard to organise.

$40M after a few charities = 100k- 700k to those in need.