• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Eddie Maguire - Comments from Pie people and non pie ppl.

Miss Monique

Adelaide's original Plus Size Delight
Legend Member
Complete dickhead no wonder DV rate is so high and women and children being murdered by their partners.
In fairness what is a women doing reporting football looking at her pic she reminds me of Anna Wintour
As you can guess I'm not a feminist

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
i agree with second half of your statement Miss M.. wats she doing reporting on football
.mayb next year she can report on the womens AFL games but stay away from the game for now .....n for christs sake woman .." Don't blush baby "

Happy2

Legend Member
Its the fake outrage by the media that gets me
Any chance to replay it and replay in the name of shocked and disgusted people everywhere Giving the whole thing a even bigger audience

Ratings and also another radio channel Me I dont find it offensive And No feeby I wont go into why as I really dont care Some may have realised I am not as thin skinned as some people

Miss Monique

Legend Member
No not the women's fault his comment is disgusting and it shows how many men think of women and justify violence. Violence against women is never ok this man is a role model and a public figure he should behave in a better manner. My late husband use to bash the crap out of me and I made it worse as it didn't matter how hurt I was I would get back up and go him back. It only stopped when he all most killed me putting me through a window. There is to much DV and when men like Eddy make such comments men thinks its ok.

In the case of the women involved here she is the only women in a mans world she needs to grow some balls. I know many women won't share my views but SHE is a football reporter you can't enter a mans world and have no sexist remarks that is not the real world. Yes two wrongs don't make a right I am fully aware of this if the women doesn't want to be on the end of sexist behavior then perhaps find a more appropriate job. Women will never break through the glass ceiling that is reality

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
I wonder what Eddy would think if this comment was made about his own wife? or the other 2 men that laughed if jokes were made about theirs too, maybe I side with women too easily, so my views on this as happy2, XLNC, and others on here would attest to, I am pro-female I see okay a joke is a joke, but in these times jokes are no longer that which is sad but these are the times we live in, I don't see a woman in a mans world having to grow a set, why can't me treat as with respect, and give her the ability the use her voice as she sees fit I bet she would never say anything so derogatory and hurtful to eddie's wife, what gets me is why is is always men that put there feet in it, and then have to say sorry time and time again, whats wrong with men? then consider it a joke when they get caught out, women think before they say something, but then again I am 100.1% biased towards women here.

If this was in America and he said it he would of be sacked from all his Media and Head of the football club he is at, same as England, he would be sacked from everywhere, but here in Australia is a joke, maybe thats why both of those nations are stronger than Australia is, maybe even in America he could of been shot for his Adam Goddes remarks.... Eddie is funny yes on Millioniare Hotseat...... he needs to learn the art of STFU at times...

The Glass Ceiling is the same as the Tree Cubby house that boys used to have and never allow any girls into, so thats where it begins, then adult men want the same, well I would sooner sit in a room full of women and learn from them than a room full of men trying to be the alpha one.... now I know I will cop it here...

Happy2

Legend Member
Why has it only become offensive today ?
Im sure the papers radio stations and public heard this last Monday

Phoebe

Legend Member
Ok, I wont say anything else here... I am biased... arent I?

Happy2

Legend Member
Ok, I wont say anything else here... I am biased... arent I?
On this one you're not Phoebe
I totally respect what you and Miss M have said and violence against women is despicable
I was more annoyed with media on this
Why did the media get angry today not last monday

Miss Monique

Legend Member
Perhaps the media had their story that day and nothing news worthy today. The media good for loo paper or the trash can.

I read very little news or anything in the media as most is just dribble or stirring the pot

Phoebe

Legend Member
Perhaps the media had their story that day and nothing news worthy today. The media good for loo paper or the trash can.

I read very little news or anything in the media as most is just dribble or stirring the pot

Which is why I normally read about Fashion.

XLNC

Whatever happened to FREE love?
Legend Member
I pretty much agree with a bit of everything above. It was a stupid, unfunny comment made by a 'powerbroker' of the 'sport' who should have known better given the national mood on the subject. In context, however, I can (just) understand it was a bunch of blokes thinking they were having a light-hearted go at a reporter who has dished it out to them, clubs, players, etc. I agree with my terrible twin that the media has beaten it up into a pulp and made it a bigger deal than it justified.

However, men in leadership or otherwise influential positions have to get used to the new normal and bite their tongues (self-censor) when within cooee of a mic, otherwise as Phoebe says, they'll just have to apologise again and again, and/or suffer the consequences of the social media mafia. As Phoebe also indicated, the outcome could have been quite different somewhere else like the UK, as occurred in this disgraceful episode last year:
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/jun/13/tim-hunt-forced-to-resign
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/article4501473.ece
http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2015/...britain-in-defeat-after-feminist-fibs-he-won/

Happy2

Legend Member
I am reading a week old Australian paper
Now we have all seen the over reaction by some over the Maguire pathetic attempt at humour
Now why have all the same paid I am so outraged brigade said absolutely nothing about the vile comments made by 3 of Australia's leading "moderate " Imams regarding the evil lifestyle of homosexuals?

Now there was a perfect place to genuinely use their status in the media to point out genuine bigotry
But no A Eddie is a far easier and no risk target And we cant offend our moslem community now Can we?

Miss Monique

Legend Member
I am reading a week old Australian paper
Now we have all seen the over reaction by some over the Maguire pathetic attempt at humour
Now why have all the same paid I am so outraged brigade said absolutely nothing about the vile comments made by 3 of Australia's leading "moderate " Imams regarding the evil lifestyle of homosexuals?

Now there was a perfect place to genuinely use their status in the media to point out genuine bigotry
But no A Eddie is a far easier and no risk target And we cant offend our moslem community now Can we?

This is a very hard one
I was reading online yesterday I think about a car bombing outside a Perth Mosque and the outrage people where inside praying yet same day reading about the airport bombing in Turkey. I live in an area where being a Westerner is no longer the norm and there has been attacks on women for wearing headscarf etc It's ok for all the terror attach deaths by what is no longer a minority group but God forbid if people say anything or attacks against them. Yes there is good and bad in all religions and its wrong a person is targeted purely because of their belief but tip toeing around the subject is bullshit IMO excuse the French

I think this is one topic perhaps I need to keep my lips sealed.

Phoebe

Legend Member
As Enoch Powell in the UK stated and was branded a racist for saying it, was East will never meet with west......
What pisses me of an I will excuse and apologize to any non whites on here, is that everyone can say what ever , feel proud of where they come from religion skin color etc etc, but as soon as we white folk do that we are branded Nazi's right wing extremists, racists, bigots etc etc... and we are silenced so quickly ironically by other white folks, when did we get like this? but in the UK there are Muslims holding signs behead the infidels while standing in welcome home parades to the soldiers that fought in the middle east and spitting on them, and we the western folk turn a blind eye to that..... nothing to see there... when did this happen ? I am all for free speech but it has to be for all just all except white folks.... and if these people think racism is bad, I come from an Irish background how much have we copped and still do, but we laugh it all off... and hey the Pom in Australia is all okay too... funny but skip in london is seen by aussies are being racist.... ... LOL

sparky

Legend Member
Why should it matter if the comment was made against a woman or a man?
If she wants to work in a male dominant environment expect to be treated as a person not a woman
In no way did he discriminate because she is a woman he said what he did because of who she is and they all obviously dont like her for who she is not what she is
Maybe she does need to grow a set and get over herself
Political correctness has gone stupid

Phoebe

Legend Member
Why should it matter if the comment was made against a woman or a man?
If she wants to work in a male dominant environment expect to be treated as a person not a woman
In no way did he discriminate because she is a woman he said what he did because of who she is and they all obviously dont like her for who she is not what she is
Maybe she does need to grow a set and get over herself
Political correctness has gone stupid

BS...... Why is it always aimed at a woman... why don't these so called men ever say it to say about Shane Warne, Sam Newman, Jason Dunstall, etc etc..... because those guys may actually fight back in that special male kind of way, aka Old Raffles Hotel style.... why should she grow a set, can't these so called men be Gentlemen and not boys.... surely there own mothers raised em to be men, but then again we are talking Victorian sport and anyone that knows Victoria knows its sports made misogynistic paradise... Women in Victoria should be seen like Arm Candy at say the special turn table they set up one year at the brownlow medal treating women (wives) like pieces of meat..... The issue here isn't the fact that she may be a woman in a male dominated arena but its the men that can not handle that fact.... its 2016 not 1916 maybe these men want to be be with all men 100% which could be what they want, so they do the ass taps, the cock sucking high fiving that men seam to love to do with other men, and oh the bear hugs, and the immature fart jokes, etc etc..... I have been in all female dominated arenas and I can confidentiality state women never treat me like this they actually welcome me into the fold....

I wonder what Eddie would say if say Caroline Wilson said "Maybe we start with your wife 1st hey Eddie" but no she kept professional and above him which now she owns him not the other way around...

And I know I am about to cop it for siding with women once again on here....

sparky

Legend Member
BS...... Why is it always aimed at a woman... why don't these so called men ever say it to say about Shane Warne, Sam Newman, Jason Dunstall, etc etc..... because those guys may actually fight back in that special male kind of way, aka Old Raffles Hotel style.... why should she grow a set, can't these so called men be Gentlemen and not boys.... surely there own mothers raised em to be men, but then again we are talking Victorian sport and anyone that knows Victoria knows its sports made misogynistic paradise... Women in Victoria should be seen like Arm Candy at say the special turn table they set up one year at the brownlow medal treating women (wives) like pieces of meat..... The issue here isn't the fact that she may be a woman in a male dominated arena but its the men that can not handle that fact.... its 2016 not 1916 maybe these men want to be be with all men 100% which could be what they want, so they do the ass taps, the cock sucking high fiving that men seam to love to do with other men, and oh the bear hugs, and the immature fart jokes, etc etc..... I have been in all female dominated arenas and I can confidentiality state women never treat me like this they actually welcome me into the fold....

I wonder what Eddie would say if say Caroline Wilson said "Maybe we start with your wife 1st hey Eddie" but no she kept professional and above him which now she owns him not the other way around...

And I know I am about to cop it for siding with women once again on here....

If the same comment was made about any one of the men you stated nothing would said of it
Its just political correctness gone mad again
Time to grow a set and get over it

Phoebe

Legend Member
If the same comment was made about any one of the men you stated nothing would said of it
Its just political correctness gone mad again
Time to grow a set and get over it

So this is all about growing a set of balls....... a masculine thing to show you are a man... ;) you see women don't need to grow a set......

sparky

Legend Member
no they just need to get over that not every comment is made towards them because theyre a woman

Miss Monique

Legend Member
Sorry Feebs you know I luv you hun but I agree she needs to grow some balls what doses she expect the only women football reporter. If it was said to another bloke the boxing gloves would be on but because it was said to a women the sexist pig man card is played. It's no different to how some men "punters" don't like the presents of WL you roll with the punches. If she was a smart women she would have taken Eddy up on the offer and had him join her I sure quiet a few women would have liked him thrown in cold water. Why a women would want to be a football reporter has me lost.

Miss Monique

Legend Member
A lot of women have more balls than men we are strong creatures.
As you can gather I'm not a feminist luv and IMO the feminist moment has only given women a false expectation on life. I'm independent and have no issue playing the damsel in distress when I need to. I openly admit I need a man to do the mans things like mow the lawn, fix things around the house and while I can do these things I would rather be doing some more traditional girly things

Happy2

Legend Member
Feminine and feminism aren't really compatible
I think that the majority of men want women to be respected as equals
But feminists often put their own cause back a few steps

I remember a year or two ago now I committed the unforgivable sin of opening the door for a woman who had both hands full with shopping and got a a frightful spray for my trouble Thing is I would have opened that door for a bloke too because it's just common old good manners

Anyway I always remember my father's standard Reply for such an occasion Which was

"I did not open the door for you because you are a lady But because I am a gentleman"