"Dislike" button

MrBig

Diamond Member
I would really like to see a "Dislike" button on Facebook and also TS for that matter.

It would be such a simple way to let people know that a post is not appreciated by some.

At the moment the only values are "like" , having to comment (which many won't bother since it would too time consuming to do every time they dislike a post) or no action; leaving post to be 'like' biased.

Any thoughts - or consideration for introducing such on TS.

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
I would really like to see a "Dislike" button on Facebook and also TS for that matter.

It would be such a simple way to let people know that a post is not appreciated by some.

At the moment the only values are "like" , having to comment (which many won't bother since it would too time consuming to do every time they dislike a post) or no action; leaving post to be 'like' biased.

Cant have a dislike button buddy, peoples feelings may be hurt as it seems like online these days is taken more serious than a major battle in the middle east, you may dislike someones post and that person goes postal and finds a tall building and jumps all because you disliked their post.... serious dude globally head shrinks don't want the dislike button on facebook as thats what they say it could entice suicides, bullying, people going on mad rampages etc etc... come on its online who cares... whats worse being hit in the head a few times in a bar fight or someone disliking your last post on TS or FB..... LOL ......

Happy2

Legend Member
So I presume the warning button is now no more?
Though that was to formal And from the reaction of one of our popular regulars who was warned over something petty it caused angst

Do we want angst I can see two disparate personalities really hitting a dislike button in a righteous frenzy

Phoebe

Legend Member
So I presume the warning button is now no more?
Though that was to formal And from the reaction of one of our popular regulars who was warned over something petty it caused angst

Do we want angst I can see two disparate personalities really hitting a dislike button in a righteous frenzy

Its funny its online who cares, but people think its cattle stations...... there is an edit button so if you post and think that sounds wrong edit it and change what you said... really you can call someone a c*nt in real life and they laugh at you say it online and well , run and ride and never post again...

MrBig

Diamond Member
Seven News report tonight was inaccurate in an article and I wanted a dislike button on a their facebook post.

I believe the "warn" button still exists on TS but I don't think that there would ever be a situation that I'd use that one. Should be left for only responsible moderators - if at all.

I have, on TS, occasionally wishing for a dislike button on a particular post but ...

Yes, I can understand some would misuse the feature. :(

Happy2

Legend Member
Seven News report tonight was inaccurate in an article and I wanted a dislike button on a their facebook post.

I believe the "warn" button still exists on TS but I don't think that there would ever be a situation that I'd use that one. Should be left for only responsible moderators - if at all.

I have, on TS, occasionally wishing for a dislike button on a particular post but ...

Yes, I can understand some would misuse the feature. :(
I hate meece so I would automatically hit the dislike button every time I saw Mr Little
And I would dislike doing that

Dallas

Legend Member
The problem I've seen on other sites with a dislike button is that it attracts the trolls who just want to dislike anything to upset people, then good contributors get tired of it and stay away leaving a forum full of trolls. Amirite is one such site struggling with this right now. The haters gonna hate but I'd rather not empower them.

XLNC

Whatever happened to FREE love?
Legend Member
statler-and-waldorf.jpg

Why do we need a Dislike button? If we don't 'Like' a post, take it as read.

a8e9ba85b29cb775bff4543313a7668f.jpg

XLNC

Whatever happened to FREE love?
Legend Member
I recognise you your XLNC But may I ask who is the gentleman with you?
Did you notice the absence of a 'Like' from me (and h/p) under your post, h2? A perfect example of how well the system works. We really do not need another button to state the obvious.

Besides, the age of negativity is over and a new dawn awakes... :singing::singing::singing:

Farm Boy 2

Legend Member

We have one Its called a warning .

Phoebe

Legend Member

Oh... My feelings are hurt, a few more days in therapy for me.. :)