• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Did he or didn`t he???

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
I love a good crime mystery, I think I love it even more when it`s based on a true story.
Currently in the news here in W.A is the trail of Lloyd Rayney who is said to have killed his wife. Is anybody else following it and what are you views and reasons why? Did he or didn`t he??

G

Gentleman

You have to feel for the kids. If he is found guilty how are the kids going to feel knowing their father killed their mother.

svengali

Foundation Member
Well, it took five years or so to get to this stage. It is going to be a long trial, probably followed by an appeal whichever side "wins".

Given the position of the accused I would be betting the Police have dotted all the I's and crossed all the T's in their case but it is a circumstantial one which will leave plenty of avenues for the defence to introduce reasonable doubt.

L

Lilly Sweetheart

He represented alot of high profiled people..... I don't believe he personally killed her but I have no doubt he pulled the right connections for her to disappear.

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
He represented alot of high profiled people..... I don't believe he personally killed her but I have no doubt he pulled the right connections for her to disappear.

I share your view. He could quite easy afford a contract killing but if it was, then the person must have been pretty sloppy not to be able to remove more of the evidence.

Either way I think he will be able to complain that he can never have a fair court case.

L

Lilly Sweetheart

If you have the right connections you would be suprised what you can get away with :D
But I don't think he'll walk.

C

Contrarian

I think he'll walk and succesfully sue the government for a shitload of lost earnings.

Nuckles

Silver Member
i happen to know the family Corryn's side and i tell you he did it, maybe not the killing but organised

delta.starr

Mature, Sensational, Entertaining Courtesan
Diamond Member
I just dont understand !
What about divorce?

Would not have been a question of money surely?!
They both had good careers.....

Happy2

Legend Member
I am with you Sandi I do have a opinion But that is all it is And that has only been formed by the Papers and TV News So it is by no means informed So let the judge Judge

C

colzilla

I'd have him hanging from the gallows in an instant if it was up to me.

M

MIA LOVE

I think everything was 'put' in places to confuse.
I think there was last minute sloppy work.
I feel for Corryn...

Demon

Legend Member
No idea, that's what courts are for. We have only heard the prosecution's summary to date.

I was a prosecution witness in a trial where he was the prosecutor years ago. The police did not like him then (they told me they did not like him as a prosecutor - on their side). hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

svengali

Foundation Member
Hmm!!

I will line up with Fudd, Sandi and Happy. It is up to the court to decide whether or not he is guilty.

Sure, he does not come across as a likeable person and his late wife's family hate his guts but it is not unusual when a marriage fails for families to take sides. In a high profile case it is also common for the tall poppy syndrome to kick in and gererate hostility, especially when the victim was well-liked.

With all the dirt about his gambling and talk of affairs coming to light his career is probably shot whichever way the trial goes so there will be no winners out of this.

C

Contrarian

Technically speaking, he's already in prison - from the day he was revealed as the prime and only suspect he has been under constant watch by strangers and one time friends. Who'd want to date a murder suspect? In one interview he did reveal that even when he's in his car and stops at traffic lights, strangers have wound their windows down and abused the living shit out of him. And all this time without much of an income I suspect

So he's in a prison of sorts. Then there's the second aspect now under way - for justice to be done. The play has yet to be acted out. Earlier in the piece, the papers printed a story of a one time bikie whom he defended and was a suspect/accomplice in the case - it'll probably come out in the trials. I do feel sorry for the victim's children and kin. And even Mr. Rayney. Why? If he did do it - then the guilt and knowledge of any wrong doing will be a hideous torture to live with. And if he didn't? Well he's been through hell and deserves the restitution for a miscarriage of justice just as Mallard was entitled to.

G

Gentleman

If he is found not guilty will the media leave him alone, probably not. Like Svengali said he's screwed either way.

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
I was once asked to do jury service on a pediphile case when I asked to be excused because there was no way I felt I could be impartial. Does that make me a bad citizen??

Diamond Dog

Foundation Member
The initial evidence points to a motive, but if Rainey is convicted it will be because of the sum of circumstantial evidence.
There are no eye witnesses and the Police have no other suspects.
A statistic about murder. 80% of all murders are done by family, friends or someone the victim knew.

westy

Mouse chasing Pussy
Diamond Member
I love a good crime mystery, I think I love it even more when it`s based on a true story.
Currently in the news here in W.A is the trail of Lloyd Rayney who is said to have killed his wife. Is anybody else following it and what are you views and reasons why? Did he or didn`t he??

Just to revive an old thread. It would seem he didn't, but should we stay tuned?

ecchimiki

Gold Member
Not guilty because of sloppy police work, but he certainly organised it. He just has the connections not to dirty his own hands.

Come on, the judge says she made it back to the home for certain, but then there's evidence she was attacked from behind in the driveway. Come on, on the evening they're about to nut out their f***ed up marriage? What are the odds? Astronomical.

OJ Rayney. at least he'll still have his come-uppance on the phone tapping trial, the evidence is overwhelming there. His career, at the very least, is over.

T

Tania Admin

I feel sorry for their daughters. To lose their mum and to always wonder if their dad was responsible. How awful. My heart goes out to them.

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Although I can`t be sure of their financial situation, if you could afford it and if it was one of your loved ones would you now be offering your own cash reward to find the killer? I know I would but my guess is that he will probably end up leaving the country.