Daylight Saving

MrBig

Diamond Member
hmmmm....I wonder what's the difference between WA Cows and the eastern states' Cows. Is the Mooo slightly different?
Slightly different accent - just like the people.
You can only notice the different when their pastures are dry. When lush and green there's quick happy mooing everywhere. When the pastures are bare and dry they tend to produce slow droning stressed sounds in all states except WA where they're happy for being here rather than over east.:p

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
Slightly different accent - just like the people.
You can only notice the different when their pastures are dry. When lush and green there's quick happy mooing everywhere. When the pastures are bare and dry they tend to produce slow droning stressed sounds in all states except WA where they're happy for being here rather than over east.:p

But my question was more about daylight savings? Would daylight saving makes the cows moo differently in WA? Maybe they can ship some cows from the east and mix em up in the west? Give em some daylight saving training crash course. Moo's your uncle.

Happy2

Legend Member
E states farmers are okay in my book We had to move our critters on due to the extended dry
They were coming out of a long dry They bought those animals at overs We like to think it a thank you for the generosity they recieved from the west for an extended period of time

MrBig

Diamond Member
But my question was more about daylight savings? Would daylight saving makes the cows moo differently in WA? Maybe they can ship some cows from the east and mix em up in the west? Give em some daylight saving training crash course. Moo's your uncle.
Hehe. Well I suppose my answer is relevant. Happy moos all year round because they're still happier to be here without daylight saving. They don't get confused and with the need to ask why the milk trucks have arrived well before their usual milking time. ;)
(I'd get a 'dumb' rating for this if one still existed LOL)

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
Hehe. Well I suppose my answer is relevant. Happy moos all year round because they're still happier to be here without daylight saving. They don't get confused and with the need to ask why the milk trucks have arrived well before their usual milking time. ;)

Tell me about it. It's a bother when the rubbish truck comes an hour early.

Happy2

Legend Member
Hy ya an welcum
th

Buk

Diamond Member
Because unlike other nations, Australia is not a united country, ever state has to be different from each other.... its a joke... The whole of Europe 450 Million people live with daylight savings each and every year, BUT special people from Queensland, NT and those even more special from WA don't nor ever will.. Australia the land of unity!!
That's the first time anybody has called me 'special' :)

Happy2

Legend Member
DAYLIGHT SAVING SUCKS... WE VOTED NO ON A PROMISE TO NEVER RAISE IT AGAIN... WHEN WE ARE ALL DEAD THERE WILL BE A NEW GENERATION TO FIGHT OVER IT..WE ARE NOT DEAD YET...END OF STORY

DON'T BREAK ANOTHER PROMISE.
1st trial was 1 yr most recent 3
I foresee a loophole being used
Let's have a 70 yr trial run And to make it fair Only people registered on the electoral roll in 2015 Can vote to repeal it

Buk

Diamond Member
DAYLIGHT SAVING SUCKS... WE VOTED NO ON A PROMISE TO NEVER RAISE IT AGAIN... WHEN WE ARE ALL DEAD THERE WILL BE A NEW GENERATION TO FIGHT OVER IT..WE ARE NOT DEAD YET...END OF STORY

DON'T BREAK ANOTHER PROMISE.
.....but...but...pollies ALWAYS break promises...it's in their DNA.

T

Tania Admin

I'm with the opinions of those who say it's not needed in WA. We have enough light hours and it's nicer to cool down to 30 something on the hot days for twilight (though it's still light around 8.30/9).

I remember the curtain fading arguments and the cow milking arguments during the referendum. Pretty funny stuff.

But again we don't need it here IMO :)

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
Again/ Still what's the difference
It's getting more and more common I mean when I met you I thought what a handsome young man
Yet again/still this darned confusion

You meant old fudgey youngish man. I guess one really need to feel as young as the lady you feel. Magic does happen.

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Talk to business people, they all want it, especially if they deal with sydney based people... 3hours is far much of a time difference...

Happy2

Legend Member
And those who deal with Asia ?
Or fix penalty rates and have a few staff in the necessary departments start 1 or 2 hours earlier ?

Phoebe

Legend Member
And those who deal with Asia ?
Or fix penalty rates and have a few staff in the necessary departments start 1 or 2 hours earlier ?

Its just not penalty rates its wages, cost of employing people, the fact that we need to ship things in and out and we have the highest rates of duties at ports, We are just too costly to employ, we don't make anything that no one wants, Australia does nothing special that can not be done anywhere else cheaper, other than the sourcing of raw materials which BHP and RioTinto are trying to like crazy to make mines controlled by remote control... Sorry to say H2 but Australia is heading for the wall, Time is not going to save it..

Phoebe

Legend Member
If the Irish can legalize gay marriage , WA folks can implement something as simple as daylight savings... surely....

MrBig

Diamond Member
If the Irish can legalize gay marriage , WA folks can implement something as simple as daylight savings... surely....
You may as well have said "women and men should be able to think the same way...surely".

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
So Homie these bags ? Do we want to run in to airbags or windbags
There's a few windbags I could nominate

No offense XLNC. Your windbag is not needed at this time. H2, sorry you need to rejig that nomination list of yours.

JustMe

Gold Member
I was using aircon more to get to sleep. Still to light and hot to leave windows open to get breeze. and all other reasons for not liking so No here too.

Lord Spikey

I... AM... SPIKEY
Legend Member
We don't want it. (Majority)
It is not necessary for WA

However, when we consider how we are now bowing to minorities (no birthdays or Christmas in schools in case it offends the one Jovo, or "non christian", it may only be a matter of time before someone accuses us of being "Daylight Racists".

Reactions: Buk