• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Could Uber Eats kill the brothel business?

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
I'm no expert in the brothel business but I do have to wonder. Today it was reported in the papers that Leederville's Sweetlips Fish and Chips was closing down. We've seen it in the papers about a whole bunch of other restaurants are closing. A friend of mine was thinking of opening a fish and chips shop opposite the pub but decided not to go ahead when he looked at how Uber Eats was killing everything.

So why would it affect the brothel part of the sex business? I only say this because Mount Lawley, until recently, had a 24 hour Chemist (the legal kind). Now it opens from 7a.m. to 2a.m. And they say Uber Eats has affected even them. I've reproduced the story from The West Australian below:

One of two 24-hour chemists in WA claims it has become a casualty of the “stay-in generation” and is reducing its around-the-clock service in Mt Lawley after almost 20 years.

Dean Schulze, the co-owner of the Beaufort Street 24-hour Chemist, said changing market conditions — particularly the “Uber Eats and Netflix effect” — meant fewer people were venturing out late at night.

This had sounded the death knell for its 24-hour opening hours and from April 2 it will become the Beaufort Chemist and operate from 7am to 2am.

Mr Schulze said there was no continuing support for chemists in WA, unlike in Victoria, where the State Government subsidised pharmacies to stay open 24 hours a day.

He said his chemist had probably saved the WA Health Department millions of dollars over the years, with people coming in for medical advice in the middle of the night instead of going to a hospital emergency department.

“The after-hours part of our business has always come at a big financial cost to us but it’s one we’ve happily worn because the need was there,” he said.

“But times — and customers’ buying habits — are changing and we have to evolve.

“People don’t go out as much and we’re finding the 7pm-midnight trade is no longer enough to subsidise the overnights.”

Mr Schulze said the Victorian Government had spent almost $30 million rolling out 20 Supercare pharmacies operating 24-hour services across Victoria.

Government-funded services in those pharmacies included free after-hours nursing treatment, wound management, immunisations and referrals to other health experts.

Mr Schulze’s chemist had self-funded similar services in an urgent care nurse clinic, which would continue to operate from 6pm to midnight.

I don't know why Casey's, McKenzies and Madison Avenue closed but I wonder if it's also got to do with the Uber Eats things - people come home, flop on the couch, order their booze and eats from Uber Eats and then watch cable TV. So they don't go out. Who knows, Uber Eats could end up killing the geese that laid the golden eggs.
https://emails.thewest.com.au/subsc...ticleLinkBanner&utm_content=ArticleLinkBanner

A

ampmassageboy

Mckenzies closed by the council, Madison Ave by the police due to drug sales issues. Casey's...is it closed?

Nothing to do with Uber Eats whatsoever. In Singapore there are 1,000s of restaurants. The vast majority now survive on Uber Eats and in fact don't really want sitting patrons. They can operate with a much smaller footprint which cuts staff and costs. They can't get wait staff anyway.

A

Annoyance

Uber eats I think isn't the problem. Just like a shopping centre if everyone opens for business it brings in a lot of ppl and there is a steady flow coming and going of customers. But when you have a single shop by itself operating there are increase chances of robbery and theft, just look at the servos and bottle-Os crime rate.

Secondly our dollar value to go further has drastically changed since the last 10yrs, before ppl could splurge on money and still have enough for the weekly needs. Now everything has gone up in price vs a slow steady increase on wages that doesn't dent the much growing basic bills and needs.

And because of this effect ppl can't really do much want buying and shops will have no choice but to close or cut their hours to save money too.

Perth is like 1 big mining town, once the money flow stops it'll start to turn into a ghost town.