• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Comments on this...

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
That's a bit extreme Feebs...i wouldn't migrate to a Islamic nation in search of better future knowing that there is no place for absolute minorities.

I guess they can build whatever they want, it's a free country as long as it conforms with the law and they dont condone anti social behaviours.

Miss Monique

Adelaide's original Plus Size Delight
Legend Member
The media are so good at creating fear in people that's all this article is about insisting fear and hate towards others. I agree with Homer as long as they living within Australian law then I see no issue

Harry161

Gold Member
All good in theory, until they start getting laws changed to suit their culture.
It has happened elsewhere and only a matter of time before it happens here.

XLNC

Whatever happened to FREE love?
Legend Member
Or all the Chinatowns around the world, though they mainly tend to be commercial districts rather than residential. I generally am not in favour of segregated living, whether it be government policy à la apartheid or self-segregation like these developments. Not conducive to integration of newcomers into mainstream society, as future generations will continue to be raised in an enclave. It certainly has not worked out well in France, Belgium, etc.

Classic News Corp though: the 'featured video' at the bottom of that article is Inside the Mosque at Ground Zero :D

Miss Monique

Legend Member
In all fairness can you blame these people for wanting to live in their own select group when most of Western society look at them as Terrorist.

As I said in another post with elections so close and News corp now a big player in swinging peoples views on what they print what is the agenda this artical followed by the ground zero at the bottom.

Happy2

Legend Member
We already have our cities divided into rich and poor And we all seem to naturally gravitate to our own otherwise we would not have suburbs which are majority African or Lebanese Chinese etc
So this suburb is just another progression

Will it help integration probably not but I don't see any harm in formalising whats already happening

Or you can play devils advocate and say it is good to have all the terrorists in one spot far easier for us to keep an eye on them and we know where to send in the drones

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
I guess everyone just needs to keep an open mind. Such communities may not be all bad. It may provide some insights into their culture and food. I am all for food...*droolz*. But they do need to understand that they are in Australia and not a segregated mini nation where they can apply their own law and it is not a closed society. They are not meant to harbour fugitive/s.

Miss Monique

Legend Member
I live in a very multi cultural area in my street alone out of 34 homes only 5 Anglo Saxon families. We have a large Sudanese, Indian and Afghani community. My children attend the local Catholic school again in a class of 24 children 5 Anglo Saxon kids 2 of which are mine. It's rich cultural diverse area and I enjoy mixing with the women learning about their culture, their food etc. The school has run cooking classes where each women has made a traditional dish and we visit the one of many local ethic supermarkets with wonderful collection of spices. When my youngest was smaller I babywear (carry her on my back) in a woven wrap the African ladies would stop and look and the same I would look how they did their Kanga. My daughters 2 best friends are from Africa and the Philippines, kids don't see colour or race

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
I live in a very multi cultural area in my street alone out of 34 homes only 5 Anglo Saxon families. We have a large Sudanese, Indian and Afghani community. My children attend the local Catholic school again in a class of 24 children 5 Anglo Saxon kids 2 of which are mine. It's rich cultural diverse area and I enjoy mixing with the women learning about their culture, their food etc. The school has run cooking classes where each women has made a traditional dish and we visit the one of many local ethic supermarkets with wonderful collection of spices. When my youngest was smaller I babywear (carry her on my back) in a woven wrap the African ladies would stop and look and the same I would look how they did their Kanga. My daughters 2 best friends are from Africa and the Philippines, kids don't see colour or race

Do they ever ask you to bring an anglo dish along? or did they ever ask about Anglo culture etc etc?

Happy2

Legend Member
Do they ever ask you to bring an anglo dish along? or did they ever ask about Anglo culture etc etc?
Strange thing is With Miss M being a W/L her fave English treat would not pass the health check How many girls want a Spotted Dick ?

Miss Monique

Legend Member
No they must find me to boring the only thing they find of interest is my cupcakes but then I could make a spotted dick version