• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Worst holiday ever

Happy2

Legend Member
We all talk of the brilliant holidays we've had
So time to fill in the blanks

So for a change of pace , Where have you been that was so disappointing or scary or just plain dull you tried to erase. it from your memory ?

Miss Monique

Adelaide's original Plus Size Delight
Legend Member
Portland Vic we did a big road trip last October from Adelaide up to Mullimbimby and spent 2 weeks in various county areas Victoria we stayed in a combination of holiday homes and cabins in caravan parks. Portland I booked a cabin online when we got there we opened the door I was in tears moldy curtains, oven no way could you cook on it the smell was horrible the en-suit bathroom was in a cupboard next to head of the bed where you lay your head. The darling partner laughing as I was the one who booked it well after 15 minutes of us being there he went to the office and they gave us a beautiful brand new 3 bedroom cabin with balcony and see views.

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy;- Which Cites not to go on a Holiday to.............
No1.
San Pedro Sula was the "murder capital of the world" until early 2016 when Caracas, Venezuela surpassed its homicide rate. Since the 2009 Honduran military coup "unemployment and underemployment rates have doubled while the number of people living in extreme poverty has skyrocketed." In 2013, the city had 187 homicides per 100,000 residents. This surpassed Ciudad Juarez, Mexico's rate of 148 killings per 100,000, or an average of about three homicides per day; Ciudad Juarez had previously topped the list for three consecutive years. Both cities are major operational and strategic distribution points in the illegal drug trade, particularly to the United States, and have significant gang activity. In response, authorities launched Operation Lightning, saturating violence hotspots with police and soldiers. Meanwhile, arms trafficking has flooded the country, with just under 70% of all firearms being illegal. 83% of homicides in the city involve firearms

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Pedro_Sula

XLNC

Whatever happened to FREE love?
Legend Member
Sorry, can't help you, old bean/bumpkin. My recent expeditions to Swaziland and Ceylon were far from disappointing, dull or scary.

Proper planning prevents piss poor picnics, I always say. Or will say from now on.

Happy2

Legend Member
Sorry, can't help you, old bean/bumpkin. My recent expeditions to Swaziland and Ceylon were far from disappointing, dull or scary.

Proper planning prevents piss poor picnics, I always say. Or will say from now on.
How old are you ?
Ceylon disappeared from the maps in 1972
Though I will admit to having a nice cup of Ceylon cha at breakfast rather than a cup of Sri Lankan tea

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
West Bank Enough said... I put myself there but opened my eyes in life.

Happy2

Legend Member
I was in Dili a few years back (Bloody sons and their volunteer addiction & stoopid fathers who are to easily swayed) Food is atrocious accommodation is second to none More like 20th to none

And the only currency they want is the greenback

Phoebe

Legend Member
I was in Dili a few years back (Bloody sons and their volunteer addiction & stoopid fathers who are to easily swayed) Food is atrocious accommodation is second to none More like 20th to none

And the only currency they want is the greenback

Why do you holiday in 3rd world nations???? LOL

MikeB

Legend Member
Try this for size, (probably worst hotel experience in more than 30 years travelling!!!) Really destroyed an otherwise enjoyable holiday!

On a tour with prepaid accommodation which arranged to stay last night at Hyatt in Miami.

The experience:
  1. slow checking - the next clerk checked in 3 couples while our guy struggled
  2. couldn't find our left baggage for more than 30 minutes - finally found, but partner stressed out thinking they had lost it in the meantime
  3. get to room, see handbag and shopping on desk, makeup in bathroom - their system has allowed the idiot to check us into an occupied room! - now we are exposed to the risk of accusations if anything goes missing, plus need a proper room!
  4. phone in room won't connect to reception so have to drag ourselves and our bags out of there.
  5. at lift lobby the desk phone works, but idiot says get yourself down to lobby and he'll look into it - by this time tell him to get up to us and fix it immediately and here.
  6. comes up finally, apologises and moves us to an "upgraded" room - actually looks nice but seems like aircon is noisy but should be ok in cooler night.
  7. unpack and get ready to reorganise bags for early departure (4am) next morning then go out to dinner
  8. Arrive back 10pm ready to get to bed for early start next morning
  9. Room is vibrating and a continuous noise - checked the sound levels with my phone noise meter - 49 -69dB level when WA noise regs make it illegal to exceed 35 (even in a 1 star accommodation establishment!!!!)
  10. Ring reception - same idiot, more apologies and will move again!!!!
  11. Finally get a lower grade, but quiet room but too annoyed to be able to sleep
  12. Check out next morning, get extras account that shows nil balance on check out.
  13. back home - check credit card to find Hyatt has charge the cost of the replacement room to my card even tho I was prepaid!!!!!! (plus as in US$ I get hit with foreign transaction fees)
Don't think I will be using any Hyatt hotels again. and suggest everyone else be extremely wary of a company that will have on its books rooms that are so noisy as to be potentially illegal but they will still charge you for them!!!!

Happy2

Legend Member
Try this for size, (probably worst hotel experience in more than 30 years travelling!!!) Really destroyed an otherwise enjoyable holiday!

On a tour with prepaid accommodation which arranged to stay last night at Hyatt in Miami.

The experience:
  1. slow checking - the next clerk checked in 3 couples while our guy struggled
  2. couldn't find our left baggage for more than 30 minutes - finally found, but partner stressed out thinking they had lost it in the meantime
  3. get to room, see handbag and shopping on desk, makeup in bathroom - their system has allowed the idiot to check us into an occupied room! - now we are exposed to the risk of accusations if anything goes missing, plus need a proper room!
  4. phone in room won't connect to reception so have to drag ourselves and our bags out of there.
  5. at lift lobby the desk phone works, but idiot says get yourself down to lobby and he'll look into it - by this time tell him to get up to us and fix it immediately and here.
  6. comes up finally, apologises and moves us to an "upgraded" room - actually looks nice but seems like aircon is noisy but should be ok in cooler night.
  7. unpack and get ready to reorganise bags for early departure (4am) next morning then go out to dinner
  8. Arrive back 10pm ready to get to bed for early start next morning
  9. Room is vibrating and a continuous noise - checked the sound levels with my phone noise meter - 49 -69dB level when WA noise regs make it illegal to exceed 35 (even in a 1 star accommodation establishment!!!!)
  10. Ring reception - same idiot, more apologies and will move again!!!!
  11. Finally get a lower grade, but quiet room but too annoyed to be able to sleep
  12. Check out next morning, get extras account that shows nil balance on check out.
  13. back home - check credit card to find Hyatt has charge the cost of the replacement room to my card even tho I was prepaid!!!!!! (plus as in US$ I get hit with foreign transaction fees)
Don't think I will be using any Hyatt hotels again. and suggest everyone else be extremely wary of a company that will have on its books rooms that are so noisy as to be potentially illegal but they will still charge you for them!!!!
Wow seems to be the only suitable response
My worst Hotel was a 4 points Sheraton in Santiago But after your experience I feel I should remove my bad review from trip advisor

Happy2

Legend Member
MikeB Maybe next time you should stay at the Hilton Maybe they will throw you Paris H as an apology

I know Beep I know You dont unnerstan

MikeB

Legend Member
MikeB Maybe next time you should stay at the Hilton Maybe they will throw you Paris H as an apology

I know Beep I know You dont unnerstan
Happy to deal with that sort of noise or the vibration/virbartor that cums with her lol

Happy2

Legend Member
Tend to agree naughtish
Chile is one of my favourite destinations
Been twice But its just so far

We have also remember 3rd world originally referred to countries not aligned to the 2 major blocks ie the communist bloc and the western bloc
Not a reference to their poor status and other criteria we consider when talking 3rd world

Phoebe

Legend Member
you should do some googling about these so called 3rd world countries...Especially Ceylon aka Sri Lanka.. one of the most beautiful countries you will ever see!

Oh sowwy... maybe I should of said "developing nations" then....

T

Tania Admin

We all talk of the brilliant holidays we've had
So time to fill in the blanks

So for a change of pace , Where have you been that was so disappointing or scary or just plain dull you tried to erase. it from your memory ?
Sydney. I went in 2012 and really did not enjoy it at all. The only good things was the Blue Mountains